“In two words.. Picture Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayberry Inn - Ocean City

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Bayberry Inn - Ocean City
You added Bayberry Inn - Ocean City to your Saves list
811 Wesley Avenue, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #2 of 26 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Huntingdon Valley, PA
“In two words.. Picture Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

What can I say? We spend a lot of time in Ocean City and we stay with Bonnie and David (and Pearl) whenever we can. We've stayed in other Ocean City B & B's but have never felt at home the way we do at the Bayberry Inn. The first time we stayed there, David even offered to drive us to our favorite beach and pick us up at the end of the day (1st St Beach, where we were eventually married).
My wife and I are major foodies and LOVE Bonnie's breakfast feasts! I'm getting hungry thinking about it. With coffee and good conversation on the porch with other guests before breakfast, Bonnie and Pearl always have to call us in when breakfast is ready. At the end of the day, there is nothing more welcoming than your cozy, well decorated, air conditioned room. Not that you'll need the A/C with the sea breezes blowing through your big beautiful windows.
For the price and the breakfast and the luxury... you really can't beat staying at the Bayberry. Forget ever staying at a hotel or motel. Book a room at the Bayberry and feel like your in your own home... but with somebody else making the bed and breakfast!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kutztown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I just wanted to tell other Trip Advisor visitors what a great time I had at the Bayberry Inn in Ocean City, N.J. I have not been to Ocean City since I was a child and I must say that staying at the Bayberry Inn was a dream come true. It reminded me of the days I spent in OC when I was a child. From the time we walked up the steps to the front porch we knew that we were going to love staying in this house. My partner and I stayed in the Rose room and we both loved the antique furniture in the bedroom. The living room and the dining room makes you feel at home and makes you want to sit down and relax with a good book. Breakfast was very filling and I got through most of my day before I needed a snack. Everything was provided for us. We had a parking spot the whole trip and were provided beach tags and chairs. Everything was thought of! A+ Bayberry Inn!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I just stayed here last weekend and really enjoyed our the stay. The location was perfect and owners were very kind. We enjoyed the breakfasts even though some would consider the portions small, I thought it was the perfect amount before hitting the beach for the day. The house and room were well kept. We will definitely be going back in the future!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

My daughter and her friend went with me to the Bayberry for 3 nights in July '08. We throughly enjoyed the Sweet Pea Suite on the third/top floor, as well as the hospitality of the husband/wife hosts, the tasty breakfast and overall ambience. Being on the third floor was especially fun at night -- I felt a bit like Mary Poppins, and the teens enjoyed sitting out on the boardwalk-like fire escape.

I certainly recommend this B&B to anyone. We enjoyed adding to the comments of other guests who wrote in the little guest book in the room. It would also be great to stay there in chillier weather, with the fireplace, etc. Bought the inn's recipe book, too. Ocean City has always been a Jersey shore favorite, and this room, with the ability to accommodate more than 2 guests, rates at the top! Bonnie makes delicious muffins, by the way; she made sure that I had one when I chose to just sit on the porch and have coffee, rather than a full breakfast, one morning.

Stayed July 2008
Pgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I would have to whole heartily disagree with the reviewer from Connecticut who had an unpleasant stay with her three children. We stayed at the Bayberry for 5 years now. I have two children 6 and 10 who feel right at home at the Bayberry. They look forward to our Ocean City visit partly due to the welcoming feel from Dave and Bonnie. I would have to disagree with the reviewer from Connecticut about the food served to her children. Our boys have always gotten a good meal for breakfast. I don't know about most families, but I know my boys don't go for quiche or fancy breakfast cassoroles, they are quite happy with french toast sticks or pancakes and the assortment of cereal. They have always been served the fruit and muffin of the morning (even when they didn't eat it on the first day). I recommend the Bayberry Inn for families (of behaved children) and anyone else who wants a wonderful vacactioning experience. The first time we stayed there, I remarked to Bonnie that I felt like I was leaving a family member's home at the end of our visit.

If you want Home Away From Home, then you should stay at the Bayberry Inn. You will not find a better place (or a cleaner place) anywhere!

• Liked — How at home you feel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

We had a nice stay at the Bayberry Inn. It was quiet and peaceful and in a nice area of Ocean ciry.
We have only one negative to report. The breakfast was rather light. It was beautifully served and delicious, however the servings could have been a little bigger.
On the plus side, Bonnie and David were gracious hosts.

• Liked — Location. .peaceful and quiet area
  • Disliked — Light breafast servings, although delicious and attractively served!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

We stayed in the Suite for our vacation with our 3 children, 6, 4, and 12 months. We have very well behaved children, otherwise, we would not have stayed in a B & B. We have stayed in other B&B's in Ocean City and have only had great experiences. The main issue that was evident from the first meal was that our children were not served the same breakfast being served to all the other guests. We have stayed in other B&B's where if they were having french toast for example with a fancy topping, they would serve the children french toast without the topping. If they were serving an omelete with ingredients children may not like, they served them scrambled eggs etc....Our children were served frozen toaster things with green and red syrup, not really sure what it was as I never fed my children this kind of breakfast. Remember that we were paying for a suite and at very least they deserved an appropriate meal. They did serve my children some fruit on the first morning, but stopped after that b/c I was told they didn't eat it the first morning so why continue to give it to them. My children were also not served the "muffin of the morning"...what kid doesn't like a fresh muffin with butter! Can you imagine!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. By the third morning of frozen food, I had to speak to Bonnie. The conversation was so uncomfortable b/c she made it that way. I very politely spoke to her about making the same meals for my children as the adults were being served without adding the toppings etc....and her reply was that she was not a short order cook. I told her that I didn't expect her to be a short order cook, but serve my children a fresh meal, not from the frozen section of the grocery store. One of the reasons you stay at a B&B is for the great food, why should our children not qualify? Usually in these kinds of situations the Inn Keepers would want to make their guests happy and certainly not make them feel even more uncomfortable. They did make an attempt on the last morning, but they made it so uncomfortable that all we wanted to do was get out of there. Bottom line....they are in the wrong line of business. You need to give guests choices, so had they asked us what our children would prefer, we would have never had this issue. They didn't ask, didn't care...Also, I have read some reviews on their dog, here is one more....who wants a dog sitting in the dining room during breakfast begging!!! I could not believe they let it go on. I love dogs too, but it doesn't mean I want to have them at my breakfast table waiting for food to drop. Very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bayberry Inn - Ocean City? Share your experiences!