“We didn't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn The Gardens B&B

Inn The Gardens B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Inn The Gardens B&B
You added Inn The Gardens B&B to your Saves list
48 Wesley Rd, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Ocean City B&B and Inns
“We didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had a wonderful and relaxing 3 day stay for our 42nd anniversary. Jennifer provides a welcoming environment and our room was quaint and very clean. We liked not having to drive to the beach. We look forward to returning soon since Ocean City is our favorite NJ beach town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this B&B to celebrate a mini anniversary. We so happened to book on the weekend there would be a block party so there was a 2 night minimum. We could not meet that requirement, but Jennifer was nice enough to accommodate us for the 1 night (with an additional charge). We arrived in the afternoon and were greeted with a introduction to the area with maps and binders full of things we could do. We checked-in and headed to our room - Sunshine room on the 3rd floor is in a nicely tucked away corner of the building. The room was quaint with a queen bed, mini fridge, dresser, chair and tv. The bathroom had a tub/shower with amenities in an attachment on the wall. I enjoyed this aspect of eco-friendliness and the signs posted in the bathroom about towel use.

This particular weekend quickly became very rainy and damp, causing early closure of the block party (which spanned from 5th st to 14 st) as well as many food places that we wanted to visit. We unfortunately were caught in the rain heading back, but were able to find a place open for food.

We got some food to-go and were able to enjoy it in our room. After a shower (the water pressure wasn't the best, but if you turned the setting, you could get a stronger stream), I was feeling very cold. I bundled up in a bunch of clothes and stayed under the blankets for awhile, but I could not get warm. I finally decided to head downstairs to see if I could perhaps ask for the heat to be on or find out if there was a mini heater (my bf couldn't because his sneakers were soaked). When I went downstairs, the innkeeper and a few guests were chatting. I mentioned that I was chilly and asked if I could have the heat turned up or if there was a heater available. I was greeted with weird looks from everyone, but Jennifer told me she could get me a heater. When she left, I also overheard the people she was talking to say they weren't cold or did not feel like a heater would be necessary - i did not appreciate the unnecessary comments. I felt really uncomfortable asking as I do not like being picky or a nuisance to anyone, but I don't think it's a good thing to feel like I can't ask for help.
Jennifer was quick with bringing up the heater to our room, but i again, felt a little uncomfortable when we were asked "a silly question" of whether or not the windows were open... (we had already closed them before we even left for the block party). The heater warmed us up right away and was very helpful in drying our drenched clothes from being caught in the rain.

Breakfast was served between 8am-10am. We got down around 9:30am to a selection of cereals, plain scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with ham, potatoes, fruit, toasts, coffee and juice. They even had almond milk which I did not try, but thought was cool. We were unfortunately stuck behind a woman who I felt was not too considerate as she was piling her plate with the remains of the food (at least a serving that could feed 2 people) after looking at me and my boyfriend behind me. We were able to get some eggs and I really enjoyed the potatoes. The bf had some toast and I ate some fruits. We're not coffee people so we did not have anything to drink. Jennifer did ased us a couple times if she could cook more eggs for us, but I didn't want to be a bother so we declined. We decided to check out soon after breakfast.

Overall the inn seemed nice enough and in a nice location, but I think this inn may be more enjoyable for people of an older age. I felt as though it was hard to interact with any of the other guests except brief encounters we had with 1 other younger couple who checked-in and checked out right about the same time we did. We've been to a bunch of B&Bs because we like that feel, but we did not get that same feeling here. Nothing bad to say and I don't know that it was anything the innkeeper did or didn't do, but we were fine leaving sooner rather than later. I wish we could have felt that "home away from home" feeling that so many others felt. We did enjoy playing with their dog though. She was an adorable girl who was very sweet and friendly to the guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
innthegardens, Owner at Inn The Gardens B&B, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Rains seems to dampen spirits, especially with a one night stay at the beach. Knowing this, extra lights are put on, soft music played, and homemade treats are made to make it cheerful on the inside. Many guest also participated in games and activities in the living room and dinning room and went home with a warm experience in spite of the rain. Sorry that you felt awkward when someone questioned if they were cold after you requested heat. It's things like that I tune into to make sure everyone is comfortable. Had others been cold, would have put on the heat for the house and not just given you a space heater from your room. The rooms are frequently air out and sometimes it is not obvious that the window is open if the blinds are down. The question was not to make you feel silly. Regarding breakfast, the buffet is meant so that quests can have what they want, and as much as they want, and when they want between 8 & 10am. Our Sunday buffet is a favorite and yes...went faster than we had anticipated. But, both Carlos and myself are there to make sure everyone has enough. You were asked a couple of times if we could make more for you and you declined both times.
Our experience is that if we make our selves available to guests, they feel welcome. If you are not available, it is a little difficult to get that "warm experience", especially with a one night stay.

The Saturday night stay on Block Party weekend was given as a favor to you since you approached me the second time saying how you really wanted to spend your anniversary with your boyfriend here after I had already declined the reservation saying that there was a two night minimum. Made an exception to the rule to accommodate you, even knowing that you had a gift certificate of which I would only receive a portion of the rate charged. Yes, the one night fee was charged of $10 in light of the fact that my rates are very good and it is the same good rate week day or weekend. I'm sure if you did your shopping you can appreciate the value we offer here, which is maybe why you reserved in the first place. We are disappointed in the review being that we work so hard here so that everyone has a positive experience. It is recognized however that we can't please all, and that there is always a lesson to be learned . Wish you well in future stays in Ocean City.
Poconos, pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family of 11 people make a trip to OCNJ every year. We get four rooms to accommodate everyone and go for a long weekend every July. The rooms are nice, the breakfast is delicious and afternoon tea is always a nice treat. There is a coded lock on the door that prevent strangers entering after hours but you're not locked out after a late night on the boardwalk. All rooms have a mini fridge, air conditioning, small closets and private baths. It's a short walk to the beach but is far enough away to avoid loud crowds or bike riders in the mornings. Overall, I'd recommend this B&B if a trip to OCNJ is in your future!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the building have a balcony, the rooms on the back do not. Keep that in m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My son and I recently visited Ocean City for 2 nights. I have never stayed at the north end of OC after having come here many summers as a child. Jennifer and her husband Carlos and their dog Nina truly do have a hidden treasure. The rooms are nicely decorated, each has a refrigerator and is air conditioned. They also have windows to open to get the ocean breezes. The breakfasts were different each day and very good. We both appreciated the open conversations with other guests and Jennifer at breakfast. We have been in other B&B's where the conversation is very limited. Jennifer is extremely helpful with questions or if you may have forgotten something. I forgot a beach towel and she was nice to lend me one. When returning to Ocean City I will stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was probably my tenth time at Inn The Gardens and it continues to be a delight amidst the hustle and bustle of my normal life. The rooms are great with fridges and other amenities but the best part is that several have large porches where you can read a book, eat a meal or just hang out. Jennifer, the host, is the warmest B&B owner I've ever met and no request is too difficult for her to handle. I originally came here with my husband and two children over ten years ago and now make an annual trip with my sisters. We all love it and it actually feels like home.

New Brunswick, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Inn the Gardens has become our destination of choice for our annual family get-together. Jennifer, the Innkeeper, could not be more accommodating. Cool drinks available in the afternoon after a day on the beach, a delicious and varied home-cooked breakfast every morning, and many "extras" that are so appreciated- beach tags, an outside shower, and lovely porches with awnings to keep the sun at bay. We will be back again next year!

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms with a porch. Adds a lot to your stay.
Springfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was the fourth summer my seven sisters and I have enjoyed our stay at Inn the Gardens in Ocean City. We had three lovely, spacious, well appointed bedrooms in the front of this lovely B & B. Each bedroom had a porch where we sat each night after a day on the beach and long walks thru this quiet part of town. So nice that we could walk to the beach (the innkeeper, Jennifer, supplied us with beach tags and at every turn, made our stay a true vacation; a hearty, delicious breakfast each morning was the cherry on top.).

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms but I would again choose a room with a porch......
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn The Gardens B&B? Share your experiences!