“A very old memory brought up to date, sharing a piece of the past.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sindia Restaurant

Cuisines: American, Bakery, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
“A very old memory brought up to date, sharing a piece of the past.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Last Saturday my husband and I went exploring in the north end of town. It was not new to me, I had spent my youth there, but he wanted something new. I took him someplace old. The Sindia was built around 1908 and three years ago it was taken over by new owners. This is not a chain, it's a family restaurant; the daughter sat us, the son waited on us, Mom checked us out, and we chatted with Dad. I'd eaten there dozens of times in my youth and commented that the floors were still beautiful. They then told me what it took to restore them to their original beauty.
(I was curious to hear) The place was nice, but casual in dress, not sloppy, and service was terrific. Early bird hours are from
4-5. We went at 4:30, which has specials for $13.95-soup to dessert. We were celebrating our anniversary so we had surf & turf, $28.95.. I couldn't eat my potato the fillet mignon was so large and the lobster nicely cut off the shell and not on my dress.
It's still white, with royal blue awnings and red trim. The family is constantly upgrading. The only drawback was the stairs, they will accommodate physically challenged people outside, but they are working on permits to give access to all. I see the Sindia as a baby, just getting better and better.

Downingtown, PA
“Not the Sindia of years past”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

Having dined at The Sindia some years ago and thoroughly enjoying it, I looked forward to eating there again this week.
We were pleased to see that they still offered an "early-bird" special and got there in time to to take advantage of the discount. Unfortunately we found the food to be bland at best, more food-service than home-made. The deserts, while tasty -looking, were on open shelving that diners had to pass by on their way to be seated. The deserts didn't appear to be refrigerated in any way making one wonder if a health issue could arise.
The restaurant is located in a grand old "shore house" that needs some TLC, especially the patched wallpaper from years ago. While I dislike giving a bad review, The Sindia could be so very much more. I only hope that the owners will bring it back to what it once was.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

Family of four during the Early Bird special included a very yummy choice of desserts, salad or soup...great waitress and we got out of there for 65.00. Very fresh food. We went back for lunch the next day. Check this place out!