“Wonderful meal with DeMaris as our server!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 184 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Vegan, Contemporary, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Description: Creative dishes served in an upbeat retro beach setting. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Separate vegan menu available. Gluten-free options. Pet friendly outdoor seating, in season.
“Wonderful meal with DeMaris as our server!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My partner and I really had a wonderful and amazing time at Bongo during our Ocean City vacation. The food was incredible and our server, DeMaris, really took care of us. She answered all our questions and was really patient with us. She made our meal, which was already very great, super duper excellent! Thank you for opening this wonderful place!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Only place in Ocean City where my five year old actually ate the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Not that my daughter is a foodie...but she is picky. And much of Ocean City food is along the line of carnival food. This place had a nice kid menu and a great adult menu. I got the fried flounder...it was excellent. My daughter got the burger sliders and she ate both of them...and loved the fries. My husband got the open faced turkey dish and enjoyed this as well. Everything was really fresh...plus the decor was fun and interesting. So we had to walk a little to get to the place...totally worth the little walk. Wish we found this place earlier in our trip. Will be back next year!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best and Friendliest in Ocean City, NJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Soft shell crabs have arrived!!!

Finally made it to my favorite breakfast and lunch spot in OC for dinner. Sat outside and enjoyed the Ocean City air . . . . .

We had been waiting for the fresh soft shells to be available. OMG. Two perfectly sautéed crabs over fresh spinach. About as good as they can get. My wife had them fried. Service was fast, despite the crowd, and we never felt rushed. Jaime, our waitress, made us feel right at home from start to finish.

The real surprise of the evening was dessert! Everything is home made. Our favorite was the Happy Monkey.... banana cake, ice cream, sliced bananas . . whip cream. . . the works.

If you are looking for a great meal/time at a place that the locals try to "keep a secret", give Bongos a shot.

Walnutport, Pennsylvania
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The staff was very pleasant. I enjoyed my meal tremendously and the wait staff was very attentitive. I would come here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Food, service and decor were excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had dinner at the Bongo Cafe and Grille after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor. It was excellent! Everyone in our party of six raved about their meals. Decor and service were great! Terrific addition to our vacation experience. Will definitely be back!