“Nice change from normal boardwalk fare.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary, Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Creative dishes served in an upbeat retro beach setting. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Separate vegan menu available. Gluten-free options. Pet friendly outdoor seating, in season.
Stockholm. NJ
“Nice change from normal boardwalk fare.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good and portions were quite large. My chicken parmesan could have been a little more flavorful but everyone else at my table raved about their meals.
Service was efficient. and friendly and very accommodating of my son's food allergies.
All in all a good experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“At last areally good burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I thought it impossible to get a good burger in a Ocean City, NJ. After ating here I am thrilled. 8oz burger propely cooked. Fried clams tasted fresh -- at leeast not burnd to a crisp. Very good fidh tacos ttoo. The place to go for a good meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Excellent, innovative, and economical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Ocean City for 2 days in May. Bongo's was recommended to us by the staff at the Seaport Inn. What a perfect recommendation! We ended up eating at Bongo's for breakfast each morning thereafter.

The food is amazing and innovative while the staff is friendly and efficient. The portions sizes cannot be beat! You simply cannot find a better, more satisfying breakfast anywhere in Ocean City for the price!

Visited May 2013
Linwood, New Jersey, United States
“LOVE LOVE LOVE BONGO CAFE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I love love love Bongo Cafe!!! I am a local born and raised in Ocean City and I also am a General Manager of a Motel in Ocean City as well. I have learned over the last 2 summer seasons to give new places a chance rather then eating at the places that are known to be the tourist attractions. Bongo Cafe is where I send all of my customers as the service,food, and atmosphere is 5 star all the way. I eat there as well, as often as I can. I know the food is fresh and consistant always. It does get busy but WELL WORTH any wait!!! Bongo Cafe is my favoriate place to eat in Ocean City!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, United States
“Why use your kitchen when Bongo's is open!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

BONGO's Open their doors-and we have been eating there ever since!! Buddy & Patti have an adorable charming place at 11 & Bay in Ocean City! The food is amazing (and i am one very picky eater!) from breakfast (the Irish scone & bangers) to the french toast my kids love and the veggies creations my hubby waits all week to drive down for!! .....We have been there different times of the day/eve and you must be prepared to get in line during season!! (but the wait is worth the meal you will experience!!)

I have taken friends there (one has terrible allergies and was delighted when a meal was prepared just for her) My husband and I eat there often and the kids love it as well - (sometimes i think they visit us at the shore just for Bongo's!)

Remember- breakfast during the season is busy so be patient! it's like a big family...everyone will be fed - just wait your turn!! Lunch you can call ahead and order for pick up and dinner is great but it's OC so enjoy your cocktail before you walk over to Bongo's!

There are table games for kids, a big tv screen with Frankie and Annette on it - it's very clean the rests rooms are neat and clean and the ice tea is simply the best on the island!!

It's worth the trip!!
Congrats to the 3rd season of Bongo's..

• Visited April 2013