“They need to better train the waitresses” 2 of 5 stars
Review of happy days cafe

No photo provided
Improve this listing
Ranked #155 of 184 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“They need to better train the waitresses”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were debating between 2 places for supper and thought we would try here. They haven't been open that long, which we knew, but the wait staff needs some training or they will not be around long. The place was full when we arrived, so we told the waitress we would wait outside. Another family came in and ended up getting seated (maybe by a different waitress), so when yet another family came, we went inside. Our waitress came up and apologized and we were seated next. Menu looked promising. As a vegeterian, I know I can always get grilled cheese & salad, my daughter also ordered a grilled cheese & my husband a bacon cheeseburger. Grilled cheese was barely toasted and my husband got a grilled cheese with bacon. Don't know if there were free soda refills, we were not offered any. We noticed while we were there that it took awhile to get the check & then there was confusion on where to pay- there is a cash register in the middle of the counter- some people walked up & paid and we saw others leave it with their waitress. When we finally got our check, the waitress didn't say anything other than thank you, not "I can take that for you" or "You can pay at the register". No one seemed to act like a manager- there were 6 waitresses and 2 cooks. Good idea for a burger joint with fiftys decor.

• Visited July 2012