“Beware of rip offs” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Armenian
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Beware of rip offs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went here with a group of 11 people for lunch. Most of us ordered water. The waitress didn't even ask, but brought us out bottles of water. Most people opened them before we asked and they charged us $2.50 a bottle. We ordered a small side of fruit for a small child. They brought out a HUGE fruit cup for $7.50 and covered it in whipped cream, the kids wouldn't even eat it!!!! Food was ok, but place is a rip off. Beware of it!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“More than pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Entrees run about $20+. If you ask for water, you get a bottle of it, for $2.50. Very pleasant waitresses. The bill adds up quickly. Cash only policy for tipping. Conveniently located in the midst of the hubub along the boardwalk.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, New Jersey
“Very good Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Each year for our annual trip to Ocean City we return to the Ocean Cafe. This is a very nice restaurant right on the boardwalk in the middle of everything. The food is great, the service is outstanding, and the prices are decent. I love, love, love their cheese ravioli and their Gnocchi Sorrentino. It's a bit loud, which is normal for family style dining, and perfect if you have children. I will be returning here for sure!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wheaton, Illinois
“Good food on the boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We liked the food and the setting. Our server was also very nice. I have to admit I don't like being charged for refills on soda but that seems like a shore thing. one strange thing is that they do not allow you to leave the tip on your credit card. I don't really carry cash so I needed change and they also would not open the register to get singles. I left a little less tip than I would have but we still had a nice meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Poor food, and expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had eaten dinner here once before, and was completely unimpressed with their menu and execution. Thinking breakfast might be more passable, we gave it another try.

We were similarly unimpressed with breakfast. My omelette and home fries both had a strange taste to them. Our server, Nicole, charged us for items that were supposed to be included in my children's meals; when we called her attention to it, she gave us a lame excuse and made it clear she wasn't interested in fixing the problem. And the prices are much more expensive than other much better choices in the vicinity.

I think we've finally learned our lesson - never again.

• Visited June 2013