“Loved this bed & breakfast..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean City Mansion

You added Ocean City Mansion to your Saves list
Ocean City Mansion
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   416 Central Ave, (previously Somewhere Inn Time), Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #5 of 26 Ocean City B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved this bed & breakfast..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2004

Great place to stay with our kids! We had the best family vacation ever! Our children age 13 and 10 loved staying here! The castle bed that was a queen size bunk bed was so much fun. I had not been to Ocean City in over 20 years and wanted to recapture my youth and bring my husband and children to the greatest family spot in New Jersey! This bed and breakfast never disappointed us! We felt very at home here and would recommend this place to ANYONE!! Our room was ready when we arrived and was very clean! It is about a 3-4 block walk to the beach/boardwalk. We also enjoyed sitting on the rocking chairs on the covered front porch in the evening and having breakfast there every morning. We look forward to returning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

We have just come back from this B&B, and after being raised in the B&B capital of the world (The UK) I have to say this is one of the best I have ever been in. We stayed in the cabin room , but because of the weekend we stayed, managed to sneak a peak at some of the other's too.. I have to say everyone of them is marvolus. I enjoyed my stay there so much, we're planning to go back next year!!! Nancy and Scott will do anything within there means to make your trip more enjoyable, to even bringing your breakfast up to the room...

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

We recently stayed at the Somewhere Inn Time Mansion to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. What a beautifully restored home! The Innkeeper's, Nancy & Scott, were so gracious and very attentive to our needs. Their children are absolutely adorable and sweet as can be. We were amazed at all the little touches like cookies artfully presented on a platter every evening in our room, champagne glasses & 24 hour coffee/tea & snacks. Being innkeeper's ourselves we know how much work all these little details can involve. Our room, the Cabin, was so cozy but next time we will stay in the Honeymoon Suite!! We would recommend this as a great place to stay in Ocean City particularly for families. Nancy & Scott welcome children with such warmth & much thought has been given to making their smallest guests (& their parents) comfy. Their hospitality is truly the heart of this special inn & it shows. We wish them all the best for years to come!! Sue & Ed Hilyard

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

AFter looking at many B&B's in Ocean City, NJ, we decided to try this one out and we're so glad we did! It's on a quiet residential street about 5 blocks from the beach. Living in Philadelphia, it was so nice to be on such a quiet street with nothing but the sound of ocean breezes and seagulls! AGh, so relaxing and so beautiful! The inn is very well restored-kept alot of the old character but added some luxurious amneties in all the rooms. The hosts were wonderful-such a nice family. They accomodated me by switching some dates last minute so that I wouldn't get stuck in the bad weather that they were calling for at the end of the week. We stayed in 2 suites-Gilbert Lake-which was absolutely beautiful-very sophisticated-loved the living area and the fireplace and the Honeymoon Suite-very romantic and elegant-huge jacuzzi-size of a hot tub in your suite! Both had wonderful private decks/balconies-great size-sat out there quite a bit in the afternoon after a long hot day in the sun! Little things like afternoon cookies, sparkling water, guest journals and wonderful maid service (she was very kind and sweet) make this B&B a place you MUST check out!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

My family spent a week at Somewhere Inn Time Ocean City N.J. Our vacation was perfect.
The Inn is beautiful. The rooms are very comfortable and decorated to perfection. The breakfast is delicious. The location of the Inn is wonderful.
The owners Nancy and Scott put their heart and soul into their Inn and it really shows. You could not ask for a better place to spend your vacation.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2004

We had a wonderful stay at Somewhere inn Time Mansion. Nancy, Scott and their family are just the most wonderful innkeepers you can get! The sumptuous breakfasts, the cleanliness of te premises, the inn's welcoming atmosphere, the non-smoking facility, the distinctive decoration of each room and all of the little attentions we were provided, we couldn't ask for more! The Miss McKenna Room we stayed in was just awesome with all its windows, kitchenette area, four-poster bed and large sofa! We were especially grateful for the nice wooden floors. We enjoyed sitting on the porch to relax, walking to the beach, stores near by and the Boardwalk! We had a delightful stay thanks to our innkeepers who made this vacation so special!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2004

August 1 - 2, 2004

A perfect gift, no matter the occasion! Our very special occasion to commemorate our stay in the Honeymoon Suite was a surprise Birthday gift for my boyfriend who turned 38. I think it worked, because he was speechless! Nancy, the innkeeper, became an instant friend when I spoke with her several times re: how I would like to make the room ever more romantic. She was instrumental in displaying and lighting about 50 candles ,I shipped to her in advance, and for spraying white rose petals on the bed and all around the jacuzzi prior to our check in. When I walked into the room and saw the amazing glow of the candles and heard the romantic music playing on the cd player, I was teary eyed. It was simply gorgeous and I couldn't have done it without her.

The photos on the oc mansion website do the rooms no justice what so ever. You truly will not go wrong NO MATTER what room you chose. More romantic you will not get beyond the Honeymoon Suite. There is plenty of room to move around and the balcony is great for a late night toast! My boyfriend and i peeked into several of the other rooms and were equally as impressed. The detail in decor is unbelievable!!! The Cabin Room is divine! The Medieval Room is Fun! The mansion itself is so well manicured and filled with love!

Breakfast was so nice on the porch and Nancy, Scott and their beautiful children will not soon be forgotten!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been to Ocean City Mansion? Share your experiences!