“Fabulous warm welcome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean City Mansion

You added Ocean City Mansion to your Saves list
Ocean City Mansion
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   416 Central Ave, (previously Somewhere Inn Time), Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #5 of 26 Ocean City B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Fabulous warm welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Let me begin by saying Nancy, the owner, is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and help to our room. Not everyone greets a mom and a 9 year old and 11 year old with a smile. We felt welcome the entire weekend. The house is cozy and comfortable and the downside ( just kidding ) is the bed was soooooo comfortable I had a hard time getting everyone out for the day!
The breakfast is one of the best you'll eat.. The blueberry muffins moist, delicious, the eggs scrumptious, and you'll wish they served lunch and dinner!
It was apparent many people are return guests and I can see why. I plan on returning wit my husband and the children again.

Room Tip: The chocolate room looked amazing - we stayed in the Richards room ( best bed ever ) .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went in with a good attitude as it was my first B&B experience but it quickly turned horrible. Same as others have said, the dog accommodations don't really exist. We had to take our dog with us each time we left because there was no staff around.

The first night a man who seems acquainted with the family living there, informed us he was sad on the front porch as we were coming in from a dog walk. Earlier that day we had seen him peel off in his car while it was raining. He seemed very angry. Later that night, he terrorized us and I'm sure the other guests there by running up and down the stairs all night (to the liquor cart at the bottom of the steps most likely) and even yelled "HEY!" Like a crazed person around 4 am. I was up all night so i wasted one of my vacation days catching up on sleep. Throughout the night i was scared this man was going to hurt someone or himself. In retrospect I should have called the cops.

There was also some sort of children's "how to use the potty" book in our room with a mystery brown stain on it upon arrival.

Overall it seemed overpriced and odd that we would experience so much commotion in what I thought was a dry town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mckenna, Owner at Ocean City Mansion, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for the review. Here is a response to your 3 complaints.

1) You are right about the man and I am sorry. I just wish I was told immediately
. I care. In 10 years it was a first (and hopefully last) guest that was mentally challenged. I was told about him at breakfast. He was asked to leave immediately...and did.

2) My housekeeper is searching for the book now to be removed.

3)Also, I live here!
I am as close as a phone call. If you wanted dog services or if anyone is uncomfortable or needs anything.... it just takes is a phone call. Most B&B's do not have a full time front desk staff but handle it this way. I sleep beside my phone and will help at anytime of the day or night.

Thank you and I hope your next B&B experience is more pleasurable!
Nancy: Innkeeper
Milford,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had such a fun time staying here, that we didn't want to leave!! The accomodations are absolutely beautiful and so relaxing. It was so nice to be able to have the doors to the balcony open to feel the gorgeous shore breeze! The beds were really comfortable, and my husband loved the complimentary internet service.

Let's not forget how much fun our dog, Jazzy had while staying here as well! She enjoyed sunbathing on the balcony in the morning sun and feeling the gorgeous breeze on her face at night. The owner, Nancy, had dog treats available in a jar in the entranceway so that pets would feel welcome. She was very courteous and friendly and arranged pet sitting for us while we went out for the night. It is so refreshing to be able to bring your dog with you to such a beautiful place and know that this service is available.

The breakfast was delicious! We had homemade blueberry pancakes one morning, and french toast topped with strawberries another morning. There were also eggs, bacon and fresh fruit!

It was nice to have the opportuity to see all of the rooms after guests checked out. I think the rooms are even prettier in person than in the pictures!

Thanks again, Nancy for such a fun stay. We will definitely be back!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lancaster pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to stay while visiting the shore points! I did not have my dogs w me but now that I know they are welcomed you can be sure I will take them for a couple of days! After reading some of the reviews I am always astounded at some of the complaints that people will write on trip advisors. Light bulbs? Really...big deal...tell the inn keeper they are out ..them she can replace them! The important things are...1... The place is beautiful. 2. The staff is warm and welcoming..3. The food is good and many snacks and drinks available ALL night long..more snacks than I have in my own home. The Internet is free! The televisions are Hugh! This is a great place and Nancy and her staff and family obviously work their tails off to make it that way! I'll be back..again...soon.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I will say we booked last minute so the fact that we did not get timely information was our fault. We also got a great last minute rate .We arrived and another guest let us in and showed us our room. We had stayed in this room 9 years ago and at that time it was fresh and new... Unfortunately nothing has been done to keep it that way. The air conditioner in the bedroom would not work. We opened the door to the patio and the window and made due. The fainting couch was gone but the massage chairs were an interesting alternative. While the jacuzzi was clean as was the shower and toilet there were extensive cobwebs in the cathedral ceiling and right down to the bedroom curtain rods. After dinner we came back to pitch darkness. All the way from the lobby to the third floor there was little to no light.while we were able to use our cell phones for light this is definitely dangerous. Breakfast was very good. All in all we had fun, and perhaps we should go back during the regular season to see if things are different

• Stayed May 2013
philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I surprised my husband with a weekend in April 2013 and actually booked the honeymoon suite. We were looking for a quiet weekend getaway and a chance to look at the ocean and walk on the beach. Boy was I surprised. The inn was warm and inviting when we arrived, even though the weather was rainy. When we walked into the room we were in another world. The recliner massage chairs were more relaxing than I could even imagine. The tub was fabulous and deep, which is hard to find in a jacuzzi sometimes. I hate to admit that several times we fell asleep in the recliners. We were beyond relaxed and then we discovered the bedroom. The high ceiling and the chandelier along with the comfort of the bed made it very hard for us to venture away to anywhere else. I did get to see the beach and took walks and walked the boardwalk, but none of this compared to the relaxation we both felt when we left. Destressed? Absolutely!!!! Thank you so much Nancy!!!!. We still talk about our fabulous weekend and wonderful host.

Jackie and Rich, Philadelphia

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite or any other rooms with the massage chairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our main issue with our stay was our pet sitting situation. The reason we chose to stay at the B&B was because it was dog friendly and offered pet sitting. We only wanted to use the service for a couple of hours one night to go to a long deserved night out for dinner. We do know that our dog has possible separation anxiety issues when we are away from home so we understood it might not work out and expected a call from someone from the establishment immediately if that were the case. We were under the impression someone employed by the B&B would be watching our dog. Instead at the last minute the B&B said a family that has been living at the B&B for months volunteered to pet sit in their room. We felt very comfortable with the family watching our pet since we interacted with them earlier and knew they enjoyed animals and were great people. On the other hand we thought someone from the B&B would be overseeing any issues that may come up. What happened when we went out to dinner was another guest called to complain to owner Nancy about our dog barking. We did not want our dog to be causing a disturbance for the other guests but we had no idea what was happening while we were at dinner. We trusted that the management would contact us immediately if there was a problem. Nancy was out of town and there was no employee at the establishment at the time. Nancy did call us when we were finishing dinner. We were gone approximately an hour and a half. So it had to be around 8 or 9 when one of the other guest complained that our dog was barking. Ironic because we heard dogs above us barking all afternoon and then that night as well and it never crossed our minds to complain. Whoever called if you had a dog with you that weekend and called Nancy about sporadic barking for an hour. Congratulations. You must have the only dog in the world that doesn't bark. If you didn't have a dog with you and you called to complain my question to you would be why would you stay at a dog friendly B&B if you have no tolerance? Just curious. The family that watched our pet said it wasn't that bad and couldn't understand why someone would have called. That is completely different than what Nancy told us. We felt terrible that we got the family involved. To top it off the next morning at breakfast (which was terrific both days during our stay) we had two other guest complain to us about some of the amenities at the B&B and that Nancy was AWOL for the entire Easter weekend. That was the third guest in two days that mentioned her absence to us. The housekeeper was doing EVERYTHING on her own. Who wants to go on vacation and have other guests complain to you about the establishment and owner? Have the service (dogsitting) offered on the website not handled properly? Not sure you are getting the room you booked until the day before your trip (unfortunately due to displaced Hurricane Sandy victims)? We have no desire to visit the B&B again and would not recommend it to anyone. We thank the housekeeper for all her hard work and the generous family who helped us during our stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mckenna, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean City Mansion, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you again for the review. Due to the fact this dog was disturbing other guests I needed to contact the owners of the dog immediately.

The pet sitter was a resposible caring adult that did everything to help unfortunately the dog did not oblidge.
This review is unwarranted however it is a good heads up to anyone that brings a dog that my policies will take effect.

Been to Ocean City Mansion? Share your experiences!