“Very Nice Experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
NYC
“Very Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I went there for 2 days after getting a groupon online. We stayed in the honeymoon suite. The room had a 2 person jacuzzi tub with a 54 inch (I think) flatscreen and 2 brookstone massage chairs with a fireplace in one room. The bedroom had a huge ceiling, a smaller flatscreen, a refrigerator and a small porch off of it. Bathroom and shower were by the door where you walk in. Lots of knick knacks are in the room. Really nice feel to it. The room had assortments of colognes and perfumes. Along with some alcohol. BTW, no smoking in the rooms or the deck. Which wasn't a problem for us. My girlfriend smokes and I smoke cigars but Nancy's neighborhood is just great for taking a walk around.

The room was on the 3rd floor. Going down to the second floor is a small refrigerator with water in it along with snacks to satisfy a hunger in the middle of the night.

Nancy and her staff were just great. Very accommodating to anything we needed and always asking us if we needed anything. This was my first stay in a bed and breakfast and it was a great one. The breakfast was great.

When we went for a walk we headed to the boardwalk. Which is about a ten minute walk. Great scenery and the usual places on the boardwalk and beach. Local streets are cool too. Lots of "mom and pop" places. Very unique town.

What makes Ocean City very unique is that it is a "dry town". No alcohol but a 5 minute drive across the bridge from the manor and you can get what you want and bring it back. Make sure you check out the Crab Trap across the bridge. AwEsOmE seafood! Lot's of the restaurants are also BYOB. Which I thought was cool.

We liked the charm of this City and would love to come and visit Nancy again. I recommend Nancy's place for a weekend getaway from the grind. Thanks Nancy.

Room Tip: The suite was in the far corner. We heard nothing but be aware if you go on the porch that everyone...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mckenna, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean City Mansion, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you so much your review.
Hope you come back for your anniversary!
Nancy

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

The host Nancy was accomadating to our needs and the breakfast server was very friendly. Had eggs both days,bagel,nice potatoes,fruit,assortment of teas. If you have dietary needs,Nancy would help. Let her know in advance. Mckenna room tight for big people. Watch your head on chandeliers.Convenient to tennis courts.Nice AC controls in room.

• Stayed September 2012
Wharton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

What a gem! I found out about this B&B from a Groupon ad. Didn't need to use the coupon and made reservations for our first year anniversary.

We rented the Honeymoon Suite and it was a treasure trove! At every turn, there were hidden amenities! Granted there is very little walking space but it didn't really bother us. Each corner is ergonomically designed to maximize space. I honestly spent a fun 2 hours just peeking in every corner, opening every box and checking out all the lotions and potions that were stashed everywhere in the room.

The bedroom itself is gorgeous. The high ceiling and super soft bed make you feel as though are sleeping as royalty.

The staff are all extremely pleasant and extend themselves to make your stay most comfortable. We rarely travel and forgot umbrellas and beach towels (doh!) and they were more than happy to oblige us for the days we were there.

I felt incredibly pampered while relaxing in the gigantic jacuzzi, watching tv on a huge HDTV and sipping champagne. Ahhhh!!

My only suggestion is that Nancy inform her staff about various food restrictions guests might have. I have a gluten allergy and somehow ended up chomping down on Whole wheat toast despite making my allergy crystal clear and being told special bread was being brought out to me. It was an honest mistake but food allergies need to have strict attention. I'm sure they will make appropriate changes in the future.

My husband and I can't wait to return!!!

Room Tip: If you want a treasure trove of goodies and maximum relaxation potential, pick the honeymoon suite...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Milford, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I have wanted to stay at a B&B for a long time and this past June we did at the Ocean City Mansion. Everything was wonderful and the owner, Nancy, was such a wonderful help to us. We had reserved a room upstairs and I could not climb so she gave us a mini-suite on the first floor. It was only for 2 nights but we had a wonderful time there. We will be going back on August 13 for five days and look forward to seeing Nancy and her family again. I would recommend this B&B to everyone.

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, ask for the mini-suite on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
eandi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Overall our stay was good--breakfast was good, the staff were all very friendly and helpful (sometimes they were a bit hard to find). The room itself was a bit average. It just lacks some finishing touches. In somewhat typical B&B style, furniture was crammed in the room (even more here--you couldn't open the door all the way because a piece of furniture was in the way). Also, the AC worked great (you control it in the room), but there had been a discretely placed towel left to catch drips because otherwise the AC dripped in the room. Our stay was pleasant enough, but there is still some room for improvement.
As for the location, it is good--an easy walk to the beach (you get a pair of beach tags with your room), with plenty to see and do. While definitely close to the action, it is on a quiet residential street, away from the bustle of the boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mckenna, Owner at Ocean City Mansion, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. During this reviewers stay we experienced a 10 day heat wave. My AC units occasionally drip under intense prolonged heat conditions. There is a very expensive 42 inch screen TV directly under the unit.
Yes, I did leave a padding above the TV to prevent it from destroying the television.
The AC unit did not drip.
The bad news...I've spent thousands of dollars on HVAC installs and maintenance.
The good news...my newest company has done wonders for my units and are there for me and my guests! It has been a great summer! And cool in the rooms!
As for the furniture...I will look in to the possibility of rearranging the room.
I hope you come back again. Nancy
Glassboro,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Wanting a seaside escape from the oppressive inland heat, I crossed my fingers and hoped I could find a last minute getaway in Ocean City. Browsed B&Bs online and found a room available at Ocean City Mansion for a one day special discounted rate. Perfect! Easy online booking and I was packing my swimsuit and sunscreen. Off to the beach next morning.

Not wanting to leave the beach early, I phoned Nancy and asked if it would be ok to check in around 4pm. No problem at all she said, as she was unloading groceries from her car, take your time, no rush.

I arrived at the inn just as Nancy was leaving to pick up her son from the dentist's office. She quickly showed me to my room,offered to help me unload any baggage from my car and asked if I had any dietary restrictions (for breakfast).

Cool comforting air welcomed me as I entered the first floor mini-suite from it's side (exterior) entrance. My first impression was that this room reminded me of places I have stayed in Key West. Ceiling fan,palm tree and fish prints decorating the walls,colorful candies wrapped in cellophane on each bed pillow. French doors open to the cozy sitting room. A carafe of M&M's,wine glasses and 2 cowboyboot shaped shot glasses on a side table. Each remote control for the two flat screen TVs is attached to an object that could not get lost in the couch cushions. One is attached to a wooden back massager,another to a foot long, metal and glass bead wind chime. Brilliant! I will try something similar when I get back home. The bathroom is tiny with an interesting spigot and sink basin.

A door from the sitting area leads to the breakfast/common area of the house. So much to see here. Art on the walls,interesting furnishings,an old fashioned baby stroller (pram) filled with menus from restaurants in the area. Also a bowl of M&M's as well as a bowl of pistachios! Nancy has decorated this place with her own unique,eclectic style.

I park my car in the free lot at 5th Street & Asbury Ave.,right around the corner from the Mansion. The Downtown shopping district,with shops and restaurants starts just 1 block away at 6th& Asbury and continues to 11th Street. The beach/boardwalk is a pleasant 10-15 minute walk. If you are loaded down with beach chairs,cooler,umbrella,etc.,you might want to drive to the beach and park closer. The neighborhood has several old victorian houses with interesting color schemes,architectural elements and tidy colorful gardens.

A walk on the boards and back to my room. Crawling into bed, a few sounds from this beautiful old building or of the other guests. By 10:30pm all is silent,I sleep soundly in the comfortable bed.

Breakfast is served between 7:30am&9:30am. Help yourself to coffee and a variety of teas. Nancy pops out of the kitchen and offers juice. I take a seat on the porch. The sun is shining,a cooling breeze is blowing. Nancy brings out some fresh fruit in an old fashioned parfait glass. Bananas,apples,peach,cantaloupe,cherries and almonds. Next a warm blueberry muffin with strawberry sauce and slivered almonds. The charming waitress brings water and tells me what is available for breakfast today. Scrambled eggs,bacon,chocolate chip pancakes or almond pancakes. These are not choices...you get all of these if you like. No need for lunch after this!

A very vocal and affectionate neighborhood cat sits under my chair as I dine. A child brings her dog out for a walk (after taking a doggie mess bag from those provided on the porch). Nancy's little daughter comes outside and spys "puppy cat" under my chair. I have a chat with Nancy.

Unfortunately,most of us don't have a friend or relative with a beach house. Aren't we lucky that Nancy has decided to share her creativity,warmth and hospitality with us at her place?

Thank you Nancy!

Room Tip: Rooms are on the small side as described on the website. This is a Victorian Mansion not a modern Mc...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The room was amazing we ha dour own seperate entrance and outside shower. My daughter goes downs down every year with her gymnastics team, so the day before we desided to go down and stay till the mext day when she go and stay with the team. The house had an old, beautiful, friendly, and warm feel. By the the people that are saying it was too cold, the shore is meant for the summer, remember that. I felt better then at home. The old swing on the front lawn gave an amazing touch to the whole scene. I ate breakfast on the front porch. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Ocean City Mansion? Share your experiences!