“Very romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean City Mansion

You added Ocean City Mansion to your Saves list
Ocean City Mansion
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   416 Central Ave, (previously Somewhere Inn Time), Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #5 of 26 Ocean City B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Very romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was amazing we loved it. Nancy was so helpful in catering to our every need. The room had two wonderful message chairs and a huge Jacuzzi. We also loved the high ceilings and the fire place. They have wonderful books in the rooms that are filled with questions that you can ask your partner and reconnect. The whole three days that we spent there we didn't turn on the tv once they is so much to enjoy in the room. We would recommend staying there to anyone who needs to just relax. Also the house keeper Tanya is very sweet and provides wonderful turn down service and food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I purchased a Groupon several months ago so we could take a quick "babymoon" to the shore. I wanted to be close to home but have a day or so at the beach. Nancy was gracious enough to accommodate the Groupon outside of its official dates so we could stay. Being a veteran in the hospitality industry, I've stayed at many types of proprties, but never a B&B. This was a wonderful visit and we felt welcomed at every turn. We have a small dog as part of our family and even he had a great stay. Not only was Nancy and the staff accommodating and graciuous, but the other guests were delightful. We even had a babysitter for our dog in our room while we went to dinner and walked the boards.

The room, Miss Mckennas, had charachter but with modern touches. The layout was a little ackward sometimes, due to the amount of furniture, but the air conditionaing, tv, bathroom and hot water all worked wonderful. Breakfast was absolutly one of the best parts of the stay. It was hearty, filling and felt just like home. We would have had wine and other snacks too, but since I was pregnant, we didn't partake. I heard on several occasions Nancy ask the guests, including to myself about any dietary restrictions for breakfast/food. In my experience many people dont ask, or they either don't care.

If hospitality and a property with charachter is important to you, then choose the Ocean City Mansion for your next stay at the shore.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is the second year that me and my fiance stayed at the Ocean City Mansion. We really enjoyed it the first year, and this year was no different! We plan on going back again if we can find another deal through Groupon.

I think my favorite part about this hotel is it's location. Your close enough to the boardwalk, beach, and Asbury Street shopping that adults can comfortably walk to all of them. In my experience the less you have to use your car, the more you enjoy vacation. It's also on a very nice street that's filled with big old houses, pretty yards, and plenty of parking.

This hotel is great for young couples looking for a romantic getaway!

Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed the first weekend in November at the OC Mansion Bed and Breakfast. It was a wonderful place to get away. We looked at each room online and decided to stay in the Chocolate Room for the weekend where we were spoiled with a very large bathroom, huge jacuzzi and large comfortable canopy bed. The mansion was within walking distance of the beach as well as in a nice quiet neighborhood. Any questions that we had before or during our stay was promptly taken care of by Nancy, the B&B owner. She was very hospitable and made the stay warm and welcoming. Breakfast was delicious and extremely filling. There were also available snacks throughout the day, complimentary and/or for purchase. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Jeannette, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary. We stayed in the "chocolate room" and it exceeded our expectations. The bed, and Jacuzzi were by far the best parts! The mansion itself had so much character, Nancy was super nice, anytime I contacted Nancy prior to our stay with questions she was prompt with her response. And finally, the breakfast.. I am not a breakfast person at all and both days the breakfast was amazing. I truly hope we have the opportunity to return. We fell in love with Ocean City, NJ while we were there and The Ocean City Mansion and the staff were apart of that!

Emmaus, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights in April 2012 and had a wonderful time (it helped that the weather was phenomenal). We had purchased a Groupon in 2011 that we had planned on using in the fall, but couldn't due to things that came up. Nancy was gracious enough to still honor the Groupon even though it had expired. The place was very clean. There were a few things needing touching up, but this WAS in APril and just before they did some spring cleaning. The location is in a nice neighborhood a few blocks from the beach. If you don't mind walking, you really don't have to drive anywhere (except to get out of town where you can have a drink with dinner).

We chose the Honeymoon Suite. (Note that it's on the 3d floor if you don't like stairs). The room was very comfortable, if a bit cramped - there's not a lot of floor space or hanging space, which wasn't a big deal to us. The amenities were nice - just don't overdo it with the massage chairs!

The 2 breakfasts that we had were very good, varied, and more than adequate (and seconds were offered if desired). I noticed a comment on here that Nancy didn't interact much with people. She does have kids, our visit was during the school year and Nancy was busy with them, but she took time to talk with us and was always friendly. Leanne (sp?) also was great.

Room Tip: Lots of great amenities in the Honeymoon Suite, but not much open floor space.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in November 2011. We had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, but were excited about the experience. We brought our dog with us, which was so nice to not have to leave her at home while we went away. I had a few questions before we left and emailed Nancy, who within a day or so got back to me to answer all my questions. Each of the rooms are decorated so nicely and with their own unique style. We actually had a chance to see most of the other rooms, as Nancy leaves the doors open of unoccupied rooms so you can take a look around. Since it was just us and the dog, we weren't concerned about the size of the room, and it was just perfect for us with a King size bed, and enough room for the dog's bed! There was big flat screen tv on the wall too. The breakfast was delicious and we left plenty full every morning. If you like places that are quaint and have a homely feel, I definitely recommend the Ocean City Mansion. Make sure you read all the descriptions of the rooms, so you know what you are getting. I read them thoroughly before making our decision and it was the perfect room for us.

Also, Nancy's children watched our dog for us while we went out to dinner both nights. They were very good with her and they only charged $8/hour. Our dog did find a baseball and chew it up though...sorry Nancy! We will definitely come back here again!!

Room Tip: Be sure to read the descriptions of all the rooms before choosing which one. They are all very diff...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean City Mansion? Share your experiences!