I never write a review but my wife and I decided to write one after we had such an amazing 2 night stay at the Wild Dunes in mid June ( so amazing that on our way home we were thinking of coming back in a couple of days to do 2 more nights to take advantage of the great location, room rates & lack of crowds-however having twin girls with the thought of packing up again was just too much...plus we had other obligations)
It was exactly what others have said in their reviews:
-very clean rooms
-right across from the rides (yes the roller coaster is loud but it didn't bother my wife, who's noise sensitive and my 2 year old twin daughters).
- rooms were smaller than they appear in the pics however the room was fine for us. Our girls slept on the pull out Queen size sofa bed (comfortable for a sleep sofa) and my wife and I had our king bed in our own room.
-fridge was great - nice size with separate freezer. Microwave and stove although we only used the fridge it was nice to know it was there. It also had all the plates, cups, cutlery etc. you needed to cook a full meal
All in all we were very pleased and will stay here again! Thanks Wild Dunes Inn
-location,location,location- it's in the middle of everything you need!
-yes, we did hear the noisy trash trucks in the morning (I would say the only negative to our stay but we were so worn out from the previous night's activities that it wasn't a major deal. Keep in mind it was on Sat & Sun. that we stayed and there may be more trucks during the week).
-check in is at the Impala Inn (across the street) where there was one of the 2 pool options- the other is a very small pool that we didn't use.
-parking is extremely tight but convenient
-if you love Kohr Bros. Ice Cream it's only steps away
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One bedroom unit with king size bed in bedroom. Living room has a queen size pullout sofa. Central air conditioning Fully equipped kitchenette. Color TV in living room and bedroom. DVD player in living room. Full private bath. Free local phone calls. Hairdryer. Daily maid service. One parking space per unit. Bloomin' Tulip Restaurant. Use of adjacent Impala pools. Coin operated laundry. Two beach tags per room during stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Wild Dunes Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wild Dunes Hotel Ocean City