“Like a little home just minutes from the beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaport Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaport Inn Motel
Save Saved
You added Seaport Inn Motel to your Saves list
1116 Wesley Ave, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #1 of 34 hotels in Ocean City
CT
“Like a little home just minutes from the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Seaport Inn September 9-13. The rooms are on the smaller side, but they have done an excellent job making them bright and cozy. I truly felt like I was in a beachy bedroom. They also manage to get a drop side table in there as well as a large fridge, microwave, cooktop, and sink. Cleaning supplies were provided and appreciated! The rooms were immaculate. The ONLY thing I would suggest and it is a simple fix, is to put a hook in the back of the bathroom door, and maybe a board of a few hooks from a wall? It would be nice to have a couple places to hang things.
What makes the Seaport truly shine is their service. I had read about the near legendary Sally, but did not have the privilege of meeting her until the last day- however, I have to say that her standards for service have trickled down to the entire staff. I can not tell you how wonderful everyone was. The housekeepers were lovely. We actually had three different ones during our stay, one was the two days in the middle, and we had a chance to talk to two of them personally and to thank them for how they would arrange our little ones' stuffed animals and books on the bed so cute. I cannot tell you how much my daughter looked forward to seeing their little "party" after coming home from the beach. One, I believe it was Cynthia or Cindy, also left us a flower in a little water bottle. And of course, everything was immaculate! And everyone seems like a family there, truly happy to do whatever is needed to make the place feel like home. Carrie (sp?) also went out of her way to do this. What a lovely person. She did such a big favor for us, which I will not write here, because once I do, there may be people who come to ask for and expect it, and that may not be possible- and I'd hate to put her in that position. However, I know she'd go out of her way for anyone if necessary. Sally shared with me that she really hires people who have that kind of character. We felt very welcomed.
The beach location is great. It's just minutes to a good beach location. It's three floors with steep stairs, so consider asking for a lower location at the time of reservation if that is a concern for you. I didn't know and was only able to get a third floor room and that was hard because I had to leave my little ones in the room and run down to get our bags in a couple trips. And carrying my toddler down the stairs while carrying anything else was tricky. So ask in advance for second or first if the stairs will be an issue. However it was lovely to sit up there on the provided chairs and hang out after the kids were asleep.
The price for all this is more than reasonable. Suffice it to say, we have found a new home in Ocean City. :)

• Stayed September 2013
SeaportInn1122, General Manager at Seaport Inn Motel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you Thank you Thank you! What more can we say. Your review is so appreciated. Especially your suggestions. We love when our customers tell us what we can do to make things better for them on their next visit. I am sorry that I only was able to meet you on your last day but I am happy to hear that my staff was doing exactly what I expect from them (Not that there is any question). We look forward to your return and I hope to spend more time with you on your next visit. The Seaport Inn Staff.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Lucky us! After reading the reviews on TA, I called last Thursday morning and snagged a just canceled room! We haven't been to Ocean City in 30 + years and finding the Seaport Inn was a great way to start our return visit. As others have mentioned, these spotless efficiencies are super convenient and managed by the extremely helpful and personable Sally. The housekeepers were also very friendly and did an excellent job maintaining the rooms. Sally made a dinner reservation for us and gave us the lowdown on all that we missed since 1981! We had wonderful weather and on Saturday saw 6 para-sailers, one manic bi-plane pilot, two military helicopters, a fisherman who caught a good sized fish, witnessed a wedding and watched the lifeguards check out a dolphin in the surf. My only concern is that the Seaport Inn will become so popular that we won't be able to get another reservation( just kidding).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
No LUCKY US! After 30+ years we are very happy we could accommodate you at the last minute and be a positive part of your return to Ocean City NJ America's Greatest Family Resort. My staff and I are so happy to hear that we gave you everything you needed and more. I personally am glad that I was able to serve you as a born and raised native to Ocean City. ALL the tings you mentioned that you got to see are just some of the wonderful FAMILY FRIENDLY happenings around town. So we cannot wait for you to come back please don't wait another 30+ years. Your friends at the Seaport Inn.
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here 9/19-9/21/2013. The rooms were extremely clean, the staff was great. Parking was readily available on site. Recommendations for places to dine and for entertaiment were outstanding. All in all a great stay!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Short and sweet review! So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to give us a Excellent review. Hope to see you again next year! The Seaport Inn Staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for three nights with our 8 month old son for our first official family vacation and couldn't have had a better time, we kept saying that we wished we booked a longer stay. The room was very clean and like I have read in another review, I actually walked around barefoot sometimes which almost never happens no matter where I stay.

We parked our car and did not need to move it until check out due to the prime location. So close to the boardwalk and so quiet at night even with the motel filled to capacity. Check in and check out was a breeze. Fridge was very good size, big enough to hold everything we brought. You may not be cooking any gourmet meals on the stovetop but it is a nice option to have along with the microwave which was a lifesaver for us.

The weather was beautiful during our stay but it was nice to relax in the room with the cold A/C and a HUGE bonus that we were able to get Disney Junior on the Tv so my son could get his fill of Mickey Mouse.

We did not utilize the housekeeping service during our stay but it was great that when I went to the office and asked for 3 additional towels, I was handed about 10 instead.

Overall, we had a great time and we will absolutely be coming back to stay here again. My wife and I were joking that we didn't want to review our stay only because we don't want everyone knowing about this great place but the staff definitely deserves a great review and it's only fair to let everyone else know about the Seaport Inn.

• Stayed September 2013
SeaportInn1122, General Manager at Seaport Inn Motel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for you review. We were so sorry to see you go! There is always next year! We do our very best to give all our customers a home away from home feel and we look forward to watching your little one grow up. Take care and see you in 2014! The Seaport Inn Staff.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Online reviews are actually true and not [--], Sally met us at the desk and was very nice and extremely helpful with recommendations for eating and amusements for the kids. Rooms were very clean, small but very clean. There is a nice size fridge/freezer along with a 2 burner stove, sink and microwave. Bathroom was clean, (I am a germ-a-phoebe and neat freak). The room has 2 QUEEN sized beds. The hotel is approximately 1-2 blocks to the boardwalk. The price is very reasonable for the stay, will recommend and stay there again next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing a review that says all the things we want our customers to get from us when they stay here. We were happy to give you good advice on places to eat and things for the kids to do and of course the most important thing a CLEAN ROOM. We look forward to your return trip next season! The Seaport Inn Staff.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just showed up in Ocean City today (9/11/13), checked tripadvisor for hotel reviews. Everything reviewers said about the Seaport is true. Sally met us at the desk. She is so very nice and personable. She really helped us out, seeing that I have some health issues. When we got to the room we were more than surprised. It's probably cleaner than our house! Lol. There is a nice size fridge/freezer along with a 2 burner stove, sink and microwave. These were all spotless. We then checked the bathroom-also spotless. My wife actually walked barefoot on the carpet AND bathroom floor. In 32 years I don't think that ever happened! Also, the room has 2 QUEEN sized beds. The hotel is approximately 1-2 blocks to the boardwalk. The price of $100 per night is well worth it.

Room Tip: There are three floors, but no elevator. The stairs are outside on each end of the building, which i...