“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Macungie, PA
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I grew up staying at the Forum. It has been 9 years since I stayed here. They have spruced up the rooms a bit. Some things are still a little dated but it is still a nice stay. The owners have been the same as long as I remember and they are all wonderful. They bend over backwards to help our family every time we have stayed there.

I do hope that they upgrade their pillows and mattresses. I had a little difficulty sleeping because the pillows were not great and the A/C fan does not stay on all night so when it kicks off I can hear the traffic and people going by. I was on 1st fl along the street so I did expect a little noise. There was a nice balcony also.

It was very hard to open our door with the key but I think they are in the process of changing door knobs/locks. The cleaning staff was wonderful and courteous. The pool was only open until 6pm, which is a bummer. The hotel is only a block from the beach and they have tags available at front desk.

My car broke down on the way and I almost needed to stay another night. The front desk worked with me to hold my room for another night if I needed it.

Overall, I recommend the Forum to everyone. Just the fact that the owners/management are such great people and helpful is a big selling point.

Be sure to eat at The Varsity Inn up the street. Excellent food! Thre is also a small restaurant on site which is so-so.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Delta,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ended up here after being roomless over July 4th holiday (no ones fault, we checked in for one night at another Inn and had to leave due to the room being booked).. We got a King room at the forum and we were pleasantly surprised.. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well stocked with bath items.. the bed was great.. the pool was clean and refreshing..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roxbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My hubby and I wanted to get away for a weekend and chose The Forum because everything else in the area was full. The reviews were generally good so we took a chance. The motel room was VERY clean but also very dark. Room 206 has no outside sitting area or view. You face a door and the other widow overlooks the street. We didn't much care since since we just needed a clean place to sleep. They provided us with basic toiletries; soap, shampoo, mouthwash and lotion. there is a small " dorm" fridge and microwave in the room. The tv was. Nice size flat screen on the wall. The pool was clean the first day or so and then we noticed a white foamy substance and paper (looked like toilet paper) floating around. I informed a staff member and they used a net and poured more chemicals into the filter area but it was still dirty. Needless to say, we avoided the pool for the end of our stay. The location is great; a block or so from the boardwalk and the beach. The motel restaurant is mediocre. I recommend the OC Surf Cafe across the street instead. The staff at the motel is very friendly. I don't think we would stay here again unless there was no vacancy in the area. All in all, ok for a few days. The best thing was the cleanliness and that's very important when traveling.

Room Tip: Rm 206 has no view or outside sitting area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is located conveniently one long block away from the boardwalk and beach. Upon entering the lobby, we were greeted with courteous service. The rooms are dated but clean. The extra cots we needed were rolled in within minutes of us entering the room and any questions we had were answered quickly and in a friendly manner. Would definitely return to this hotel in Ocean City. The town and hotel are wonderful for families!
I would skip the restaurant on the premises as the food was sub-par.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed on the top floor. The room was clean enough and a nice size. The room was totally carpeted and a bit dark due to the shade of blue used to furnish the room. It could probably use an update but it is like a lot of other OCNJ hotels. Parking is limited and you must leave your car keys at the front desk if you park behind someone else. The pool was in good shape and we enjoyed swimming in it. We had an older tv but didn't really stay indoors so it wasn't an issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

As many of the reviews say, we received top notch service. One of the owners, sorry we never asked your name, went above and beyond for us. He did everything he could to give us an exceptional stay.
·close to beach and boardwalk
·close to key shopping and restaurants
·clean and simple rooms
· convenient pool area

We will be back again! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Love staying at the Forum. The family owners are terrific and the rooms are top notch, Close to everything including beach and boardwalk. Fun around the pool after th beach in the late afternoon. There's a small game room for the kids and a quiet sundeck on the top floor.

Room Tip: Top floor quiet and middle room has an ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Forum Motor Inn? Share your experiences!