“Very good experience: clean rooms, friendly staff, GREAT location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Forum Motor Inn

Save Saved
You added Forum Motor Inn to your Saves list
Forum Motor Inn
Forum Motor Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 - 814 Atlantic Ave, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in Ocean City
Houston, Texas
“Very good experience: clean rooms, friendly staff, GREAT location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

When I called (in July) they had availability for just one night during the weekend. I didn't have much luck with other hotels so we booked it and I hoped it would be a good place.
We had a great stay! The rooms and bathroom were clean. The staff was very helpful - we needed an extra blanket and towels and they responded immediately. They let us keep our car parked for the rest of the day even after we had checked out at noon. Infact, it was 12:30 by the time we checked out and they were fine with that.
My only complaint is that you can hear a lot of outside noise in the room. There were people talking in the neigboring balcony (not loudly, just a normal conversation) and I could hear everything. Since it was midnight and the kids were trying to sleep, it was a little annoying. Just around 7am, I woke up to the noise of buses and more talking. The motel is surrounded by streets (no special view here), so it gets noisy. But since it was just one night, it's something we could shrug off. I might look for a quieter place (at least at night) with the kids if we were to stay for a few days. The best part - location! Once we parked, we didn't need to drive till we left OC. For a one night stay, I would not hesitate to go back to The Forum.

Room Tip: Park in the overflow parking lot accross from the motel. Parking spaces are wider! The parking space...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Skippank, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This year when I called the Forum in early spring to make summer vacation reservations again, I didn't get five words out of my mouth before the woman who answered the phone recognized my voice and greeted me with another big hello and welcome to the Forum and asked me how the kids and wife were doing. The Forum is family! We've been visiting the Forum for many years now and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. To our family, OCNJ & the Forum are slices of heaven.....comfortable, clean, friendly, easy, great location, etc., etc. We seem to vacation with the same families year after year....a true indication that we are not the only Forum fans!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms on any floor best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We decided late to take a trip and found the Forum for an overnight. The reception and management were super friendly! They gave us beach tags even though we were only overnight. The rooms are real clean. New TV. Clean tub. Don't forget, it's the shore, not a lot of modern amenities but you get location. I recommend the Forum.

• Stayed July 2012
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have never written a review on here but admit I always book vacations based on tripadvisor reviews so I definately wanted to write one about this wonderful little place. Every year we do a girls week away a few nights down the shore....girls week meaning me, mom, and my daughter...we usually go to wildwood but I wanted to try OC this year and booked the Forum after doing my research and was even more pleased then I even thought I would be just a great place...rooms are a nice size, big flat screen tvs, my daughter loved the pool...and most of all I have stayed all over everywhere in some of the nicest of places at times and this place was the cleanest I have ever stayed in....great location and the breakfast in the little restaurant was a perfect touch too....we will be back again..already looking into going back down a couple nights before the summer is over!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Upper Darby, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend, 6/8/12-6/11/12 and it was an excellent getaway trip with my significant other . He and I really enjoyed ourselves. The staff was very friendly and welcoming upon our arrival. We didn't have to wait to check-in because our room just happen to be ready while we were checking in. Our room (307) was very clean (Thank you Urias :) ) and spacious which was close to the pool but nestled in an area that was very quiet. The king size bed was very comfortable and the nice size flat screen television was a plus. We had a problem with our front door the second day there but maintenance fixed the problem immediately. Also, the boardwalk is a short block away which was very convenient for us.The Forum Motor Inn is a home away from home and I really would like to thank the staff again for making ourweekend a memorable one. I look forward to returning and referring family members and friends to stay here.

Room Tip: If you're a couple looking for a room that is quiet but you also want to be able to sit outside...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Telford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Needed 3 days of rest and fun before the summer season. I shopped around and picked The Forum Motor Inn. I have not stated there before but it always received great reviews on Tripadvisor. From the friendly staff at check in, to leaving, very little thing was excellent. The staff must be the best in OCNJ. Was solo on a golf trip and relaxing with a great book. The location in one block from the boardwalk. Pool was heated and clean and the room was very clean. I will be back. Great value. They were running a 3 day special for the beginning of June and extended that Special to be one week earlier than advertised. May 29-June 1.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms facing the pool are new beds, 2 queen sized beds in each room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Walked in on Saturday and there were a number of rooms available, won't happen during the season, and choose a two queen bed room. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool and restaurant were not yet open. Check in was easy and all of the staff were helpful and friendly.

We enjoyed our stay and will return again. Great value in the heart of the city with a short walk to the boardwalk or the town center shops. No fitness center, but this is the same as most other motels in the area. Room included a mini refrigerator, micro wave oven and flat screen tv.

Room Tip: Liked the two queen beds
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Forum Motor Inn? Share your experiences!