“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We decided late to take a trip and found the Forum for an overnight. The reception and management were super friendly! They gave us beach tags even though we were only overnight. The rooms are real clean. New TV. Clean tub. Don't forget, it's the shore, not a lot of modern amenities but you get location. I recommend the Forum.

• Stayed July 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have never written a review on here but admit I always book vacations based on tripadvisor reviews so I definately wanted to write one about this wonderful little place. Every year we do a girls week away a few nights down the shore....girls week meaning me, mom, and my daughter...we usually go to wildwood but I wanted to try OC this year and booked the Forum after doing my research and was even more pleased then I even thought I would be just a great place...rooms are a nice size, big flat screen tvs, my daughter loved the pool...and most of all I have stayed all over everywhere in some of the nicest of places at times and this place was the cleanest I have ever stayed in....great location and the breakfast in the little restaurant was a perfect touch too....we will be back again..already looking into going back down a couple nights before the summer is over!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Upper Darby, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend, 6/8/12-6/11/12 and it was an excellent getaway trip with my significant other . He and I really enjoyed ourselves. The staff was very friendly and welcoming upon our arrival. We didn't have to wait to check-in because our room just happen to be ready while we were checking in. Our room (307) was very clean (Thank you Urias :) ) and spacious which was close to the pool but nestled in an area that was very quiet. The king size bed was very comfortable and the nice size flat screen television was a plus. We had a problem with our front door the second day there but maintenance fixed the problem immediately. Also, the boardwalk is a short block away which was very convenient for us.The Forum Motor Inn is a home away from home and I really would like to thank the staff again for making ourweekend a memorable one. I look forward to returning and referring family members and friends to stay here.

Room Tip: If you're a couple looking for a room that is quiet but you also want to be able to sit outside...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Telford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Needed 3 days of rest and fun before the summer season. I shopped around and picked The Forum Motor Inn. I have not stated there before but it always received great reviews on Tripadvisor. From the friendly staff at check in, to leaving, very little thing was excellent. The staff must be the best in OCNJ. Was solo on a golf trip and relaxing with a great book. The location in one block from the boardwalk. Pool was heated and clean and the room was very clean. I will be back. Great value. They were running a 3 day special for the beginning of June and extended that Special to be one week earlier than advertised. May 29-June 1.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms facing the pool are new beds, 2 queen sized beds in each room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Walked in on Saturday and there were a number of rooms available, won't happen during the season, and choose a two queen bed room. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool and restaurant were not yet open. Check in was easy and all of the staff were helpful and friendly.

We enjoyed our stay and will return again. Great value in the heart of the city with a short walk to the boardwalk or the town center shops. No fitness center, but this is the same as most other motels in the area. Room included a mini refrigerator, micro wave oven and flat screen tv.

Room Tip: Liked the two queen beds
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed at Forum in July 2012. Room was large but not as clean as we hoped it would be. Carpet was absolutely filthy and we did not go barefoot in the room. Found dust behind beds and near dresser. Double beds were comfortable. A/C nice and cool. Bathroom was small but clean. No flat-screen TV. Chairs on walk-way outside room were falling apart. Parking is risky as you may get blocked in by another car parked behind you. Location is good, close to beach and boardwalk. No noise bothered us. Pool was large and nice, except it closed at 6 pm on a hot summer night...! Needs to stay open lo 8 pm. Maybe we will stay again but only if they replace the filthy carpet and keep the pool open longer than 6 pm. Men who worked at front desk were pleasent and helpful. Women, not so much.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

my wife and family been staying here for many years, the people that own the forum are so helpful and kind, thay keep everything so clean, from the pool to your room, we always felt so comfortable, and also your 100 feet from the beach and boards and 2 blocks to the center of town looking foward to going back in july

Room Tip: 2nd floor nice view and your off the street
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Forum Motor Inn? Share your experiences!