“pros and cons” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
PHILADELPHIA
“pros and cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

my children love this place-
I think it's due to the fact that a majority of guests are families.
we have stayed here many, many times-staying next to the pool is great if you have small children-not a trek down stairs, etc.
however, the floor in our room during one of our stays was mushy wet-really gross.
Close to the beach, decent pool, &, compared to what you would get elsewhere for the same money-a pretty good deal.
just like most other hotels in ocnj, they wouldn't get away charging the same amount elsewhere : )

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
derwood, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My spouse and I stayed at this motor Inn (remember, this is not a hotel with many amenities) for my birthday. We were pleasantly pleased with this place despite a few flaws in the room. The staff were very friendly and VERY accomodating. When my spouse complained about the bathroom fan blowing constantly and making strange noises, they fixed the problem quickly. The room was reasonably comfortable and included a fridge and microwave. The room and bathroom were VERY well lit, something many hotel rooms nowadays are scrimping on. If you want to stay at a reasonably priced motor lodge in a great OC location, consider the Forum. We can't wait to book our next stay here!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Northeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We have stayed at The Forum in the past but it's been a couple of years since we've been there. Our experience this time was even better. Reservations and check-in was extremely efficient. We got there before check-in, and although our room wasn't ready, we were able to park at the hotel and walk to the boardwalk. The people at the front desk were very friendly. The rooms were extremely clean, especially the beds and bathroom. Pool area is well-maintained, and it was quiet at night at the hotel. The location is excellent. The nearby Varsity Inn is great for breakfast and there are two ice cream shops across the street. We will definitely return.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I used TripAdvisor to look for places to stay for our first trip to Ocean City, NJ. My first consideration was cleanliness - considering the stories about bed bugs, etc. that are in the news. Second was access to the boardwalk and activities, and third was price.

The previous excellent reviews lead me to choose The Forum and I'm happy to say that we made the right decision. We stayed in a room looking over the pool. Upon our arrival, our room smelled fresh and was as clean as a whistle. Mind you, my nerves (again the stories in the news) had me do a thorough look throughout and I was extremely pleased at how immaculate everything was. The beds were all comfortable and had fresh linen with no signs of stains. The carpet also felt fresh and plush (in addition to the carpet in the outside hallways). The bathroom was also spic-and-span and there was absolutely no mold or mildew on the walls, ceilings or floor. I've been in first class hotels that were less appealing than this motel.

Everyone working at The Forum was very friendly - from the managers, clerks and housekeeping staff - giving us great suggestions for places to go and what to do.

The motel is in an incredible location - one block from the beach. It's on 8th St., just a block from the water park (which was loads of fun), and within several blocks in both directions of the two amusement parks. The miniature golf courses, eating venues and many stores on the board walk were all within walking distance as well. We never once had a need to use our car. The music pier is also within a block away too. Conveniently across the street was a bike rental shop, perfect for us to rent bikes for the boardwalk. We also enjoyed the many wonderfully quaint cafes all around us.

My children and I had no complaints whatsoever. Didn't feel like we had to be at a Hilton and would not hesitate to recommend this motel to others. If we return to Ocean City, NJ next summer, The Forum will be the place for us to stay!

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

This place is such a clean and great place to stay at. My family and I enjoyed it so much! We were given a discount for the suite because we come twice a year, and it was the only room available at a late hour, it came with a parking space for just our room 501 and it even was built like a real home with ac that could be changed in each room. It had a kitchen with a stove, sink, microwave, fridge, and a table with six chairs, a huge bathroom, full bath, toilet, sink, and a huge mirror (SUPER CLEAN!). A living room with tv, coffee table, and pull out couch which was extremely comfortable. The bedroom was really nice. It had doors for privacy that could lock, a tv, and chairs. They made coming to the beach as pleasurable as can be, we stayed one night, but it was so nice with the pool, and outdoor showers, plus the people and workers are so friendly. There was a great cafe, and also it's a short walk from the boardwalk. If you are considering coming to the Forum I say, "go for it, its the best of the best at ocean city!"

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I just returned from a 2 night stay in OC with my husband and 2 year old daughter. The staff members at the Forum were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and very nice-the nicest shore motel room we have stayed in-----We stayed in room 202 and it was right across from the ice-cream shop where Elmo appeared --- a highlight for my daughter! A short walk to the boardwalk with a great location --close to the WONDERLAND pier. I would have to agree with the review that the beds were a bit uncomfortable but we were so tired after a long day at the beach, it didn't bother us that much! We will definately will return and we recommend this motel to others---

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

From the first minute I liked it -the people were friendly. It was clean. I didn't get to stay because of a family member was in the hospital one night and I left a day early because of that. I would definatly go back-they said they would try to refund my money-I don't expect it-but I would like a free night at another date. I will let you know what they say-they said they would call. Loved the balcony-very relaxing. We ate breakfast and lunch in the coffee shop-was VERY clean and food was good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Forum Motor Inn? Share your experiences!