“Our stay was amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1417 Ocean Ave., Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #8 of 34 hotels in Ocean City
“Our stay was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We really stumbled upon the Ocean Front Motel. We decided to see an ocean town that we don't usually visit. As it happened, we decided to stay overnight because we didn't want to leave. After calling several places, we discovered the Ocean Front had the best rates. The man who checked us in was very friendly. We opened the door to our room to find it immaculate. The next morning they offered breakfast in the office. We met the general manager. He made us feel right at home. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I at the last minute decided to head to Ocean City, NJ for a quick getaway. We arrived in town and went for a bike ride on the boardwalk. As we were biking around we saw a small motel right on the boardwalk that fronted the beach. We decided to check it out. We were greeted by the general manager who made us feel very welcome and quoted us a great rate. The room had two comfortable beds, new carpets, bedding, a refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV. It was very clean and quiet. We were able to park directly underneath our room and in a very secure location for our bikes. A continental breakfast was served the next morning which was very good. We decided to take another bike ride on the boardwalk and asked if we could extend our check-out time by 2 hours, which the general manager said was OK. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had some friends come down from PA last minute and wanted a night at the shore. I called the first number I saw when I looked up hotels in Ocean City and the Ocean Front Motel came up, so we headed there. The man on the phone was very helpful with letting me know all the information. We got there and the General Manager was excellent! So warming and helpful. He tried getting our rooms as close as possible, told us about all of the exciting events going on that weekend, told us about the breakfast in the morning and was just an amazing hotel manager. The hotel was very nice and clean also, even though it is April; before opening for summer. I most definately will be coming back again and recommending this hotel to many people. I also loved how close it is to the beach!

Room Tip: As I could see, all the rooms were good rooms. There are rooms that are closer to look out at the be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Williamsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay at this little hotel last week and I'm really looking forward to my next visit. If you're wanting a luxury hotel, this is NOT it. If you're looking for a place that makes you feel at home, you'll love it here. My room was clean and comfortable and John made sure to check with me daily to see if I needed anything. Hotels are a dime a dozen in a resort town. Customer service is a priority for me and John made me feel like a member of his family. Other guests staying at the hotel at the same time were returning guests, people who had been coming there for years. That says something! It really depends on what you're looking for in a room. I need cleanliness first, then comfort. I don't need an ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. while at the beach. Oh, and the off-season rates are outstanding! Thank you, John, for making my stay so enjoyable!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Brick NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night with our basset hound. We were in town for the annual Doo Dah parade. The motel manager is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean enough. The flat screen tv and new duvet was an upgrade from last year. The beds are hard as rocks and the linens are scratchy and thin. The location is fabulous, right on the quiet end of the boardwalk. The parking is a nightmare, plan to being change for meters or risk you car getting dented in the parking lot. Overall, we had a fine time because we were only there one night. I do love that the hotel is pet friendly but if we were traveling without our pup we would definitely spend extra money to stay somewhere a little nicer. Good for families on a budget or people in town for one night. Not ideal for extended stays or for couples looking for a romantic night out.

• Stayed April 2013
Springfield, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed in Ocean City on a whim (had planned to stay further south). Nice, clean room. Great location. John was very helpful and directed us to a great eatery for dinner (many places were still closed as it was just after Easter. Would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindenwold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

From the moment we check-in ,I felt like family.John went out of his way to accommodate my wife and I.the room was on the boardwalk with a beautiful view of the ocean! John provided us with all the info we needed to have a wonderful time.He helped us procure a late night dinner( most. Eatery places were closed
due to early season) But John got us Chinese! He was on top of all our comforts and needs I high recommend Ocean Front Motel

Room Tip: The ocean view is priceless
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!