“Repeat stay, always a good time.” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Manor Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Ocean Ave., Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Aston, Pennsylvania
“Repeat stay, always a good time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is my 10th or so stay at Ocean Manor, however my first stay in a couple of years. I noticed they demolished the of old building on Wesley since my last stay and shuttered the old building where their office used to be. Now the main hotel is the building at the SW Corner of 11th & Ocean (1100 Ocean) which was totally renovated from outside. New decks, railings, siding, roof, windows, AC units, everything; this place looks beautiful. As always staff was warm and friendly. This place is no-frills but who needs frills when you're a block walk from the center of the boardwalk and the price is very reasonable. I thoroughly enjoyed the old 20th century charm this place has to offer. Check it out out for yourself. Just next time if we rent room 303, well bring a rollup pad for the pullout bed, it was a little thin on the padding.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my Grandson and they took very good care of us.
Beautiful room with a huge corner balcony facing the ocean. Front desk super helpful and I left some shirts there after I checked out and they went on a hunt to find them and returned them to me. That kinda stuff is what makes the difference, there's no substitute for great .
Highly recommend this hotel...!!

Stayed June 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I found out that I had the weekend available just over a week ago and I wanted to make a beach trip out of the weekend with the family (wife and two kids, 3 and 1.5 years old). We have been to the beach with our parents and kids once or twice, but never just the four of us. I could not find any hotel within walking distance of the beach that wasn't an outrageous price and was beginning to lose hope. Somehow, I ended up on a website about the top beaches in NJ and Ocean City was #2, with Ocean Manor B&B listed as a "place to stay." I reviewed their website, read some reviews on here and gave them a call. The price was unreal for the location and I had a feeling "something couldn't be right," as in, there must be a catch, right? Well, I was dead wrong. Sure, our room wasn't a five star resort setup and it was barely large enough for my little family, but, it worked out wonderful. I mean, it was a beach vacation, the only real utility in an accommodation is for sleeping and showering because the rest of the time is spent on the sand or boardwalk. The beds were very comfortable and the shower had great pressure, so, check and check. Everyone that worked there was so pleasant and the "community" balcony on the first floor was great for early morning coffee (Starbucks around the corner opened at 6:30) and breakfast. I am still in shock at how close we were to the boardwalk/beach and that we didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for that location. I admit, I was worried about how the weekend would turn out after reading some of the negative reviews on here, but, man, am I glad I just went with my gut on this one, trusting the positive reviews more. We will never stay anywhere else when we go on a beach trip to Ocean City, because the Ocean Manor "had us at hello!"

Room Tip: We stayed in room 307. There was no balcony, but it worked out great for my wife and two little ones...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
harrisburg, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a cozy house turned hotel conveniently located a block to the boardwalk. Great location, we could see the fireworks from the porch! It does need to be updated. The rooms were musty smelling and there were electrical cords exposed and coming out of the floor. It was a good place to stay for 2 nights. The people were very nice too!

Stayed June 2014
Williamstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been going to the Ocean Mannor Inn fevery summer for 10 years now and i have never had a issue with the rooms or the cleanliness of the rooms at all. This is a family owned Inn and they make you feel right at home. I will continue to come back every July with my family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is were you want to be with a family,friends or just a couples weekend get away.I booked this room for one night on the way there from k.o.p. when I got there I was shocked .Breath taken building ,one short block takes you right to the board walk and beach.The room and hole building was clean freash,and best of all the woman at the desk were loving ,kind,and yes felt like my family.We were running late checking out ..no one banged on the door to say pay us more money or leave .I went down to speak with them ,just to see if I could have 20 more min or if I had to pay for a hole night.She was so kind about it. Now I know if its deep in the summer and check out would need to be on time ,because others might be coming for there vacation.today was not that day ,why not help if you can .(right) and she did. We can not say enough about that place,but what grabbed my heart was the woman up front checking people in .Amazing!
From:Libby livingston.
PS.I don't think its a party hard .so if ur looking to be supper loud I wouldn't stay hear.They are to kind .

• Stayed June 2014
Newark, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed in the smaller building next to the building in the picture and in front of the very antique pool area. We stayed one night as it was the only available room in town for a last minute reservation to extend a trip. The room was in an old building. Small but very nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice. Unfortunately there was much hair in the shower and a poop streak in the toilet. When we first got there the TV was on. By the time we noticed the other hygiene issues it was late. It was creepy. We didn't get any cooties or bring home bedbugs. I did report to management the next morning at check-out. So for me, despite the lovely decor and updates, I would go back to the very basic Oceanfront Motel on the beach before I would come back here. Same price range. Oceanfront says it all but more importantly the staff nearly sterilize the rooms daily. Sorry Ocean Manor!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple