“Love This Place!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Williamstown, New Jersey
“Love This Place!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been going to the Ocean Mannor Inn fevery summer for 10 years now and i have never had a issue with the rooms or the cleanliness of the rooms at all. This is a family owned Inn and they make you feel right at home. I will continue to come back every July with my family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This is were you want to be with a family,friends or just a couples weekend get away.I booked this room for one night on the way there from k.o.p. when I got there I was shocked .Breath taken building ,one short block takes you right to the board walk and beach.The room and hole building was clean freash,and best of all the woman at the desk were loving ,kind,and yes felt like my family.We were running late checking out ..no one banged on the door to say pay us more money or leave .I went down to speak with them ,just to see if I could have 20 more min or if I had to pay for a hole night.She was so kind about it. Now I know if its deep in the summer and check out would need to be on time ,because others might be coming for there vacation.today was not that day ,why not help if you can .(right) and she did. We can not say enough about that place,but what grabbed my heart was the woman up front checking people in .Amazing!
From:Libby livingston.
PS.I don't think its a party hard .so if ur looking to be supper loud I wouldn't stay hear.They are to kind .

• Stayed June 2014
Newark, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed in the smaller building next to the building in the picture and in front of the very antique pool area. We stayed one night as it was the only available room in town for a last minute reservation to extend a trip. The room was in an old building. Small but very nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice. Unfortunately there was much hair in the shower and a poop streak in the toilet. When we first got there the TV was on. By the time we noticed the other hygiene issues it was late. It was creepy. We didn't get any cooties or bring home bedbugs. I did report to management the next morning at check-out. So for me, despite the lovely decor and updates, I would go back to the very basic Oceanfront Motel on the beach before I would come back here. Same price range. Oceanfront says it all but more importantly the staff nearly sterilize the rooms daily. Sorry Ocean Manor!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wernersville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

For the price and the great location, Ocean Manor was a good deal. But, the room was in need of an overhaul (plaster and paint) and the towels were thin with many pulled threads. The outside porch and sitting areas were great. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Turnersville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We would like to thank you for all help and kindness during our stay there.This was our first year we stood at Ocean Manor . We felt like we were staying with family how warm hearted everyone treated us.
Rochelle , Florence and Cindy are the best. I would recommend this place to anyone.It is very clean, we had a great view from our balcony over looking the ocean,It was so relaxing just waking up and sitting outside. We had the best vacation staying there.

Thanks again
Rose , John and Jenna
Rose Jester John and Jenna

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
nutley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Lets begin with when we booked it they told us it was a mini suite with 2 rooms a mini kitchen and that it was spacious. Well that was a lie the rooms were so small, dirty, outdated, crackling paint on walls that definitely can not be healthy. Stained ceilings were water from air conditioning had spilled on these drop ceilings. The bed was a full size and the br was probably 10x10. The so called kitchen consisted of a mini fridge. The other room was a futon that was as hard as a rock. The room smelled like mold which probably exists with all that water staining.
If you look at the place from the outside you would never expect that on the inside. It looks like they only worried about fixing the exterior.
We were very disappointed with our stay, especially that we were there for almost a week. The only good thing was that it was a block from beach which was convenient.
I don't understand with there prime location why wouldn't they update it, maintain cleanliness, and overall maintain and do routine maintenance.
It's a shame that they would rent out a place like this to paying customers who are lied to and deceived.
This was my first trip to ocean city and I really enjoyed the area. I plan to return next year but definitely not to this hotel.
I will definitely rent a more modern, clean and maintained condo. Where I don't have to worry about getting sick or catching something! !!!!

• Stayed August 2013
oceanmanor, Manager at Ocean Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We are so sorry that you were so disappointed with your stay. I wish we were made aware at the time. The only concerned that you made me aware of is that you had expected a couch and not a futon. We had numerous conversations and you never mentioned any of the things you wrote in your review. Let me begin by saying our building is over 100 years old. In such a building things are not perfect as in any building young or old. We do however, pride ourselves in cleanliness. our furniture may be old but many people find that as part of the ambiance in this type of establishment. Every type of Inn is not made for every person. For you to describe us as gross is a great injustice. Your brother and his family stayed in a very similar room just right next door to you and we had nothing but compliments from them. Agaiin, we wish you would have told us during one of the many conversations we had. Especially with being so very unhappy why would you not had made us aware of any of your concerns. We provide all of our guests with quality service and clean rooms. Again, we are sorry you were not happy but waiting to comment on line and not letting us know was really not a help to you or to us. We are continually making improvements. each room has flat screen TV'S. Your room actually has 2 flat screen TV'S. We added the balconies 2 years ago. We paint and freshen up every year. We try our best to make this a place the type of establishment that people want to come back to .. And we do have many many people return year after year. We enjoyed you and your family and had hoped you would have been added to our family. I am so sorry that you feel different.
Kingston, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'll start off with the good things about our stay at Ocean Manor 1100. The staff were very nice. They allowed us to change in and use their restroom before and after we checked in. They also allowed us to stay one night as I understand that not too many places allow you to do that during the summer vacation season in Ocean City, NJ. The balcony outside of our room was very nice and spacious. The hotel is also a block away from the beach and boardwalk which was a prime location being that we had a 4-year-old with us. The room and bathroom were also considerably clean.

Now, for the bad stuff. When we first arrived we were told to park our vehicle in spot 306, but were given a hotel key for Room 307. We didn't think anything of it, until we went to check into our room. Turns out we were trying to open the door of someone else's room. The woman was not too happy with the staff and I don't blame her! What if they hadn't been there and we were a bunch of thieves? Or what if we walked in on them while they were undressing?! The woman had been told that they had misplaced the other key for their room, when they had actually given it to us!

The room which was considered a mini-suite had a bed in one room, and a futon in the other room. The futon looked worn and it was as hard as a brick to sleep on! The room was also super small. There was a sewage pipe running right above the futon the length of the room. Not attractive at all. This separate room also had no air conditioner control, only a built-in fan in the wall that was meant to blow in the A/C from the other room (It didn't do a very good job), and a ceiling fan.

The fridge in our room didn't work very well, and the sheet and comforter on the bed in the master bedroom was covered in stains. The bathroom only had a shower and was really small.

Bottom line: For $220+ for a Sunday night for 4 adults and 1 child, I guess that was a good deal. If I had booked this place for a week though, I would have been livid!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!