“Where my children grew up” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Manor Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ocean Manor Hotel
1100 Ocean Ave., Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #20 of 35 hotels in Ocean City
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Where my children grew up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been going to Ocean Manor since 1998. Rachelle has watched my 2 girls and son grow up and I feel like she is part of the family! The first thing I hear when I check in is " How are you doing, Harry"! Yes, there are newer hotels but nothing as charming as the Manor. I can afford to stay any where I want but would not pick any other location. The rooms are always clean, the maid service excellent, and always enjoy what new item Rachelle has changed from the last
visit. And how about all those new decks???? What a view!!!

Room Tip: All decks have balconies plus a big second floor porches with chairs
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is an older place and therefore not up to the preferences of some folks. However, we have been loyal renters since our first summer in 1995. Rachelle and her staff and family have seen our family grow as we have seen hers do the same. We have shared our highs and lows and she is like a good friend who we see once a year. She always makes sure we are happy with our accomodations. We love our usual room and it's convienient location near the pool, parking, wide front porch, etc. One block from the beach and boardwalk at these reasonable prices...so glad she still has room for us every year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have been going to the Ocean Manor before I had children, and 3 kids later it's still where I stay when going to Ocean City. Can't beat the price, especially for the location. Yes, the place is old, but it is charming. If you need a place where everything matches, and the furniture is new and updated, flatscreen tvs, and room service - Ocean Manor isn't for you. If you want a clean, family friendly place close to the beach where you can sleep in a comfortable bed - I choose Ocean Manor. My kids LOVE the pool. It isn't large, but it's always been clean and a refreshing change from the beach. Showers where you can rinse off the sand, and jump in! I'm not looking for luxury when going to the beach with my family, I spend enough money on the boardwalk, it's always been a great value, and I know that there are a lot of people who've been back year after year like we've been.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Frisco, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The exterior of the main building is new and inviting. The interior is old and quirky, but fun. Narrow staircases, oddly shaped rooms and decor ranging from old beach house to mirrored walls. It's old Ocean City. The owner is delightful and chatty. There's always cold lemon/lime water at the entrance. There's an elevator, a pool and pretty good wifi, altho not in all locations. Coffee pot and micro-wave in the great room. And across the street are the Flanders Hotel (min $250/nite) and the beach and boardwalk. Is it perfect?? No. Is it worth it??? YES!!!!!

Room Tip: try for the rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors with lovely balconies
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were at the hotel from Sunday to Tuesday during the Memorial Day weekend - after reading the other review I wanted to offer my opinion.....we did not hear the fire alarm so not sure about that...our room was clean - not luxury at all, but clean.....we saw no bugs, sheets were fine and the bed was actually very comfortable....we were on the top floor and had a front balcony....fun to be able to see the ocean and hear the waves - I agree it needs some work but if you are looking for a reasonable place with an awesome location I'd recommend it - I'm going again in July so maybe I'll have a different review then - I hope not....staying in a different room.....I felt the owner was extremely nice and friendly -

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
phoenixville, pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This will be our last trip to Ocean Manor. We stayed in a ground floor room and were overrun with ants on the ceiling, walls, floor, and even the beds. The room smelled so strong of pine-sol I had to keep the window open and the floor didn't dry for 2 days making it slippery as well. I don't expect anything fancy at the beach but this was really bad. The pool filter didn't seem to be working and this was right after it was closed for maintenance.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Only good thing about this place was it was a block from the Beach. It was rundown, smelled awful, the bathroom was full of mildew and ants. We were told it was remodeled. They put in a new sink, over chipped and broken tile, dented walls. It was a real pit. Cannot believe people would actually take people over like this. They should be ashamed. Pool was NOTtaken care of at all. Place was left in the 60's.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!