“Nick has a great place to enjoy OC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glen-Nor Hotel

Glen-Nor Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Glen-Nor Hotel
1015 Central Ave., Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #27 of 34 hotels in Ocean City
state college, pa
“Nick has a great place to enjoy OC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Glen Nor years ago before Nick bought this guest house. We had fond memories of it from back in the early eighties and this stay only reaffirmed our love of this place. (The spiteful people who wrote the other nasty reviews behaved improperly and Nick was forced to ask them to leave.) The front porch in the mornings over coffee were the best. Enjoyed Nick's company and all of the guests. The rooms we had were adequate and clean. The neighborhood and street was quiet, not something that is easy to find during August. I wish Nick's wife the best and sorry I did not get a chance to meet her. Thanks for a great time Nick.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
clayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

ok, so here it is. this was a very enjoyable stay. this was a trip with my husband and i and our 9 year old son. we came from ohio and this was my sons first time to see the ocean, so we really wanted a special trip. lets start with our room. our room was a double queen on the second floor. Right away I did notice a smell in the room. I couldnt quite tell what is was, but I checked the mattress and pillows right away and found them smelling fresh and in good shape. we later figured out the smell came from the ac. The television only had about 6 channels. other than these two room issues, I would not hesitate to stay here again. the room was clean, the shower had great pressure, and it was extremely quiet. while there we ran into several other families who stay here all the time. Nick, the owner, was friendly, helpful, and very accomodating. we enjoyed several mornings and afternoons on the porch relaxing and visiting with other guests. the distance to the beach was perfect! 1/3 mile and a very easy walk. there was off street parking so we could come and go as we liked. there was no wifi, but i was able to pick up a signal in the car to make a quick check of my email - this was a vacation after all and very relaxing. I would NOT hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Westville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Had a great time at glen nor.. Nick the owner was great.. Room we had was clean and very quiet and comfortable.. Great price for the 4th of july weekend in oc..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

What a DIVE!!!! Crummy, smell alone keeps you awake....The mattresses seemas if they were found on a curb at trash day. Not clean at all. No wonder they charge $75.00 a night. I guess you get what you pay for.....but the photo's are a joke. So is the place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2003

If you just need a place to crash for a night and do not care about cleanliness this may be the right place. However, we found the broken phone, sticky carpet, broken screens, smell, and very questionable mattresses a real turn off. Thank goodness the overwhelming charm of ocean city made up for below average accomodations

Been to Glen-Nor Hotel? Share your experiences!