“A blast from the past !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Wind

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Wind
You added Sea Wind to your Saves list
1238 Wesley Ave., Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Cleveland, Ohio
“A blast from the past !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

The Sea Wind is just an old fashion Ocean City place. What more do you need if you're on the beach all day and on the boardwalk all night. The Sea Wind is old and run down but I loved it. The accomodations were acceptable as long as you aren't planning to spend much time in your suite. It's a make do kind of place. It just wouldn't be Ocean City unless you were staying at a beach house like The Sea Wind. For the price, you can't expect much more. A little T.L.C. would bring The Sea Wind a long way. In the end I appreciate the fact that there are still family affordable places left in Ocena CIty at the lower end of the price spectrum.

• Liked — They met my needs, clean bed & hot shower
  • Disliked — Old, very old, now a days there aren't any excuses for something that could be easliy brought up to par.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2006

When I booked this place, I was not expecting anything fancy. But I did expect a no frills, clean room with a good location.

The Sea Wind was very dingy and creepy-I do NOT recommend it at all. When I arrived with my family, the owner seemed bewildered and confused-she did not remember our reservation. At 2 p.m. our room was not ready for check in as it needed to be "cleaned". The room itself was very outdated, very dirty and the hallways were dark and smelly. if this was not a very short, last-minute affair I would have walked right out. I was so happy to get out of that place!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2002

The Sea Wind has a great location one block off of the Ocean in Ocean City New Jersey. It has great access to shopping, restaurants and the boardwalk.

The rooms and apartments are clean with private baths and showers. Mrs. Mahon, the owner, resides on the property and is a good resource for local attractions and the casinos in Atlantic City.

Bottom line, the Sea Wind is a good value alternative with a great location in Ocean City. For a family or couple that plans to spend most of their time on the beach or on the boardwalk, it is a place that I can recommend. The accomodations are casual but clean and for the price it is a good value.

Been to Sea Wind? Share your experiences!