“Hotel nice but service POOR. Woman at desk was extremely rude.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Watson's Regency Suites to your Saves list
Watson's Regency Suites
901 Ocean Ave, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #14 of 34 hotels in Ocean City
“Hotel nice but service POOR. Woman at desk was extremely rude.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Watson's last year and really enjoyed our stay so we decided to book a trip to OC again this year and stay at the Watson's again. This stay was not so great and I'm not sure if we will stay here again. We made our reservations to check in Sept 2nd and check out the morning of Sept 7th. During the ride to OC my husband and I talked about staying an extra night and checking out on Sept 8th. When we arrived at the Watson's we told the woman that we would like to stay an extra night and check out on Sept 8th instead of Sept 7th. She became irritated and told me and my family that we should have notified them sooner. She then told me and my family that instead of staying in our original room that was set up for us Room 419, that we need to move to Room 317. I was not very happy with that but agreed to switch rooms because we really wanted to stay another night. Once we arrived at Room 317 we walked in and noticed the room was not quite as nice as our room we had the year before and the view was terrible. I then went back and talked with the woman at the desk and explained to her that the room is not very nice and neither is the view and we would like a different room on a higher floor. She then became irritated again and told me that we can stay in our original Room 419 but we may have to move to another room the morning of our last day. She told me she would notify us if we need to do that. I told her that's fine. I then went back to Room 317 and got my family and we went to Room 419 which was a much better minus the bad smell in the room. It smelled like smoke and had a nasty odor. I sprayed perfume all over the room and that seemed to work a little bit. However, every time we enter the room it smelled really bad. We managed to cover up the smell ourselves with spraying the room with our own perfume and different scents we brought with us. The last day of our trip we woke up at 9am and left the room at 10am because we all made a reservation to take surf lessons at 10:30am. We arrived back to the Watson's around 1:30pm and the same woman at the desk stopped me and told me that we were suppose to check in at the desk before we left so we can get a new room key and change rooms. She DID NOT tell me or my family this at all but kept telling me over and over that she said this and she remembers what she said and was EXTREMELY rude. I told her she never once told me or my family that we need to check in with them, but instead told us they would get in touch with us if we were needing to move to another room. After her ranting on and on that she is right and we the customers are wrong I walked away. This woman needs to learn customer service skills because her skills are EXTREMELY poor. Because of the poor treatment my family and I will be looking at stating somewhere else next year.

• Stayed September 2013

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ambler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every summer for 10 years, our family ( 6 of us ) has come to Ocean City to Watson's. For those unfamiliar with O.C., it is a total family resort area. Beach, ocean, boardwalk, amusements, boating, fishing & LOTS of restaurants! Watson's is Ideally located, one block from the beach, & in the center of all activities. It has an indoor pool, every suite has a balcony. It has a full kitchen, including dishes, pots, glasses, dishwasher, refrige, oven. A large dining room, with table & chairs. A large living room, with 2 sofa beds, large screen TV. Separate bedroom with another large screen TV. Maid service every day. Very clean & comfortable! Also, each room comes with a reserved parking space, which at the shore, is a rare commodity. Staffed desk 24 hours. Know you will enjoy time spent there!!

Room Tip: Choose one on other side of pool area
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We were awoken at 6 am by a piercing shrill noise which I quickly detected was from a carbon monoxide alarm. I quickly woke my daughter and we rushed out of the room and went downstairs. After an hour of waiting I was put on the phone with a manager who informed me there is no gas on that floor in the hotel and the alarm isn't hooked into the fire dept system and if there were a real problem the fire dept would have shown up. I was given no apology or acknowledgement of the inconvenience other than a $100 refund. The desk person had even said to me why would they give a refund since it was our last day anyway. My 9 year old refused to go back into the room so I packed quickly and checked out. Did I mention the stained carpet and musty odor in the unit and the horrible banging and noise til midnight above us the first two nights? Watsons is marketed as one of the most upscale hotels in Ocean City - clearly one of the worst if not the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very clean and pleasant accommodations. Great location for beach and boardwalk access. Also, close to many restaurants and shops. Little balcony was a nice to place to sit. Great size room for 5 people. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

a long weekend with grand-daughter. Very nice and VERY CLEAN!!! Had a great time hotel staff was very helpful will go again!!! close to the boardwalk and downtown. Nice pool inside. Very comfortable. Restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sussex County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The decision to abandon the rest of the family to their rental cottages and opt for a suite at Watson's Regency Suites was off-hand and not well-researched, so I was more than a little excited to find that I'd made one of the best choices ever. The suites at Watson's are privately owned (not time-shares), and nicely appointed...and BIG! I've rented suites in other hotels that barely qualified for that title. This one had a solid four rooms, nice kitchen, spacious bedroom, one of the largest bathrooms we've found in a hotel, and it was very clean throughout. The additional balcony overlooking the indoor pool proved to be a lovely place for morning coffee, though the heat and humidity within the pool dome made it quite uncomfortable in the middle of the day. Still, it was a nice spot to sit, and I enjoyed it.

Perhaps the best thing about Watson's is that it's a very friendly hotel. There were only two of us (adults) technically assigned to the suite, but it came with 5 adult beach passes, and the kids and grandkids were able to use the pool and the beach, which was a lovely thing as their rental house was a very loooong walk from the boardwalk activities. Watson's is an easy block to the boardwalk and smack in line with the movie theater and most of the amusements. Score one for Grandma!

If there's a negative for us older types, it's that the place is a tad noisy. That's to be expected in a family-oriented hotel, but a little more soundproofing would have been helpful as the toddler upstairs apparently ran laps around the bedroom for hours each night. The pool opens at 10 AM and closes at 10 PM and is actively in use most of that time, so there's no early bedtime for oldsters with a balcony overlooking it. But we were so tired after a day of Shore fun that we hit the bed like we'd been on a 20-mile hike, so no problem.

There's no restaurant in the hotel, but there's a wonderful breakfast place across the street and one around the corner, both literally seconds from the front door.

I would (and already have) recommend Watson's to my Shore-going friends and relatives. Have a nice visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place that we could take our 3 year old and 16 mth old for a weekend, cleanliness was top on the list. I read all of the reviews and this hotel seemed like the best as far as cleanliness and our price range. Although I think the price is too high, it's what it is 1 block from the boardwalk. We were very happy bc the day we arrived it was raining so it was wonderful that we could use the indoor pool which was heated and spa pool also! Very clean too!....as far as my eyes could see. : ) The room was great again I want to emphasize Clean! The only thing I could say negative is the balcony furniture could be updated even though it worked ! Wendy at the front desk was very nice always said hello and nice to my children everyone else at front desk didnt even look up : / but really it doesn't matter! We will definitely go back! Oh and pool is open until 10 pm ! Not good for rooms around pool bc of noise but great for anyone else! : )

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Watson's Regency Suites? Share your experiences!