“Girls weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 35 hotels in Ocean City
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
“Girls weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took my daughter and 2 of her friends to OC for her birthday the first weekend in May. Nice to have indoor pool since weather outside was cool and windy. Proximity to beach was great. Our suite would have accommodated 6 easily plus unit had additional rollaway in the closet if needed. Mattresses in sofa beds needed upgraded but 3 14 year old girls didn't mind. Having kitchen gave us the flexibility to have meals in unit if we wanted. Since it was an event weekend, we had a later checkout than usual which enabled us to spend more time at the boardwalk and not feel rushed. Unit was a little dated and could stand upgrades but overall nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face road. Rooms on the south side have access to indoor pool which can get...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The room we had was very dated but clean. Our major complaint was the bed. We are used to a king size bed but we were told it was a queen. However, it did not sleep like a queen and was very soft and lumpy. When you turned over you rolled to the middle. I understand these are condos privately owned by different people but one would hope there would be certain standards owners would be expected to maintain. I'm glad we stayed during off season as I would be terribly upset to pay high season prices for a bed that caused me to need a nap when I woke up in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We love Watson's and stay often. It is an especially good place to go when you are visiting the shore in the colder months because they have the indoor pool and hot tub. My kids love it here too and it fits our family of 5 comfortably. The rooms have a bedroom with a Queen bed and then a pull out couch or two in the common area. There is also a nice size dining room and ktichen.

We have come in Winter, Spring and Summer and it is always clean with a super professional and welcoming staff. No matter what room they put us in - it is always similar and nice. It is about a 2 mintue walk up the street to the boardwalk and beach so it is very convient for Summer vacations.

It does have the full kitchen with all the basics you need to cook and/or serve food and there is a fridge and diswasher. They also have towels for the pool area.

Really nice way to have to space and perks of a house rental without the crazy price. Also they have daily maid service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our family of five vacationed here in August at Watson’s in OC. We came back again for an off season weekend in February. Had a great time again. Nice suite with comfortable and new living room furniture. Two flat screen TVs – a wall mounted one in the bedroom and a larger one in the living room. Good nights’ sleep in the queen bed and bedroom furniture was new. Suite nicely decorated in a nautical theme with a ship’s wheel on the wall that the kids loved. Pool and spa were great. We could see that it was cold and snowy outside, but we were warm and toasty in the spa looking out at the winter weather through the glass enclosed pool area. Enjoyed the boardwalk and shops in town. Ate some meals in the condo/suite and ate some in town and on the boardwalk. Great get-away weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and myself really enjoyed our three day stay. It is so conveniently located to everything one would need at a shore condo.
It is spacious, clean, updated and has a beautiful indoor year round pool. Fourth and fifth floors have a nice scenic view from your windows and balcony. Would highly recommend you try this place.

Room Tip: fourth and fifth floors offer a view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
west virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was in Ocean City for one night only in February - the night of winter storm Nemo. The place was very quiet, although I think they were close to full.

When I arrived at 9:15 PM, the desk attendent was friendly and helpful, but particularly wanted me to know that the pool was open till 10 PM, and made sure I knew where I could get towels for the pool. The weather was frigid, and I still had to unload my car, so a dip in the pool wasn't in my near future, and indeed, I didn't make it to the pool the next morning, either, and so cannot comment about the pool.

I had worried a bit, as a woman traveling alone, about the safety of the underground parking, but the lot was well-lit and in view of the lobby. I was able to pull my car right up to the door to unload, and there were luggage carts in the lobby for guest use.

The suite was enormous for the one of me, but, would be perfect for a family beach vacation in the summer. My balcony did not have a scenic view, but given the weather, that was OK. I had to jack the thermostat way up in order to get the room warm - I think the dual entrances to the balcony make it colder in the winter than it would be otherwise.

The kitchen was well-equipped and clean. In fact, everything was quite clean. There were two closets - a roomy one in the bedroom and a smaller one in the front hallway. I availed myself of one of the somewhat beat-up blankets in the bedroom closet. There were also two TVs - a large one in the sitting room and a much smaller one in the bedroom.

In the morning the staff were helpful in suggesting breakfast spots. I stepped out on the sidewalk just outside the lobby entrance - and nearly did a face plant. All surfaces had iced over during the night, and, at 8:15 in the morning, had not yet been treated by the hotel staff. Fortunately I had some Yaktrax in my car, and thus made it safely on foot to breakfast. When I returned from breakfast and a long walk on the snowy boardwalk, the Suites' staff were just beginning to salt the driveways and sidewalks.

But really, that was my only complaint about my short stay. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities quite functional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Watson's Regency Suites from 2/10-13. We had an outside room so it was very bight. The suite was clean, other than 2 dishes and the top of a broiling pan in the dishwasher. Being one block from the boardwalk makes it a great location. The mattress was a little uncomfortable, but not bad. Although we didn't use it, we did go take a look at the pool and spa area - both seemed very clean. We will definitely be back. Also, there is a good restaurant for breakfast across the street (Beach House).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Watson's Regency Suites? Share your experiences!