“Great place to stay while in Ocean City, N.J.” 5 of 5 stars

Watson's Regency Suites
901 Ocean Ave, Ocean City, NJ 08226   |
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ocean City
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Great place to stay while in Ocean City, N.J.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Hotel is so close to beach, boardwalk, restaurants, post office & downtown shopping area. Indoor pool is great for rainy days. Hotel has laundry facilities and is exceptionally clean and updated. Condos are spacious, nice kitchens, central air, housekeeping, balconies and even a safe to keep your valuables. Staff are friendly and helpful and there 24 hrs/day. Underground parking for your car is wonderful. They also supply beach tags. If you have a problem, contact Colleen or Kurt & your problem would quickly be resolved. We would highly recommend this hotel. They also have many specials throughout the year listed on their website. Our condo was clean and we had no problems. If you require any additional items, just call the staff and they will assist you.
Have fun and enjoy Ocean City!

Room Tip: would recommend a higher floor - they also have handicapped units, too
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mickleton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The postives are the great location-very short walk to the boardwalk. Covered parking. Overall, it was ok clean (tvs, lamp shades, fixtures, tvs were slightly dusty). The decor is 80s-mauve, seafoam green. Suites are large. Kitchen, eating area, living room, electric fireplace, bedroom, bathroom, small balcony.

Had a miserable night's sleep. The beds are horrific (and I am not that picky when it comes to mattresses). Bedding is also very low motel quality. The bedroom has a queen bed-hard as a rock. The pull out couch was like sleeping in a hole and only a small kid could fit on the single sleeper.

We stayed in room 411, no water view-unsure if any of the suites have a water view?

The indoor pool is really small. Would not be too happy, if I was in a room across from the pool.

Also, when making reservations would call the hotel directly. We booked online and reserved a superior suite 5th floor. Upon check-in was notified that the room was unavailable and was given a room on the 4th. A credit was issued. Would have appreciated an email notifying me of this change.

Will not be staying there again, due to beds.

Room Tip: would not reserve a room by the pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Exceptionally clean, well appointed, and spacious room for whole family, at a reasonable price. Very short walk to the Ocean City boardwalk and beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is my 3rd trip to Watson's. The location is great - a very short walk to the boardwalk. I like traveling to Ocean City just about anytime throughout the year. You would think after mutiple visits to this hotel,, there would be a warmer greeting but there just isn't. Check-in is not warm & fuzzy at all.. They just take your money & that's about it. No Welcome back! How was your ride? Nothing! We spent 2 nights, never once were greeted, no eye contact made. I was not expecting a fruit basket in my room but being pleasant goes a long way with me. Ended up in rm 502 this time. Stayed at 521 the last 2 times. I liked the sectional sofa, bigger patio, the large bathroom. The kitchen was functional & I liked the little sink just outside so the kids could wash their hands. There was a good amount of space between the living area & the bedroom which seemed to offer more privacy. No outside noise but keep in mind, this is off-season. My children ike the pool but it is freezing cold.The hot tub is nice but there was this yellow stuff ooozing out so we stayed on the opposite side. Several guests also noticed it. In addition, a nice family that we befriended informed us that someone stole his teen-aged son's very expensive fleece in the pool area.Not cool! The rates are good but I'm not opposed to paying a little more for more personalized treatment. I have heard really good things about Biscayne Suites so I may give them a try. We ate at the Crab Trap in Somers Point, always good!! Had a wonderfult time in Ocean City as always!! Be back soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
central Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Like the previous reviewer, I've passed Watson's Regency Suites many, many times over the years and never gave it a thought (my family usually rents a condo for a week or two - and like the previous reviewer, I was in town to check out summer rentals). What a nice place to stay. My unit (405) was spacious and very clean, with a good-sized sitting area, big TV, more-than-adequate kitchen, and bedroom with access to a small balcony overlooking 9th St. and the post office. The living room also accesses the balcony. The furnishings and carpet were older and timeworn, but everything was comfortable and neat as a pin. I chose Watson's because they have the only indoor pool/hot tub in town, and in March I wasn't counting on spending my time on the boardwalk. As it turned out, I got a gorgeous, warm weekend, but had a chance to enjoy the hot tub in the evenings at least. The pool area is built alongside the south face of the hotel suites, so the south-facing 2nd and 3rd floor units have interior balconies that face the pool, rather than open-air balconies. The set-up reminded me of the old Holiday Inn Holidomes. Personally I wouldn't want to stay in one of those units - too loud and not enough direct sunlight or fresh air - but it's a neat set-up for guests who are planning their time around use of the pool. The motor for the hot tub jets apparently gets shut off earlier than the pool closing time. Staff were friendly and helpful, especially Colleen, who took my reservation by phone and let me know about a discount I'd been unaware of, and Rita, who checked me in and answered all my questions. Common areas were fine, and I enjoyed the glass-walled elevator which made my frequent trips up and down rather more interesting. The hotel is about a 3-minute walk, with no street crossings, from the boardwalk. It's directly across the street from the Beach House, a wonderful breakfast/lunch spot, and within easy walking distance of OC's downtown strip. Two other hidden gems you should try while here are Arlene's on Asbury, a comfort-food breakfast-lunch eatery, and Nonna's, a new Italian restaurant. My meals at both were fabulous. Watson's Regency is a great bargain in the off-season and there's still plenty to do in OCNJ.

Room Tip: A very few rooms face east and may have an ocean view (not sure because of other buildings between y...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
South Central PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We spent one night at the Watson's Regency Suites in late February. We came to OCNJ to preview a summer rental, and thought we would make a mini-vacation of it. I have passed this place many times in my many stays in OCNJ, and never gave it much thought. It is a great find. Very close to the boardwalk. Room was clean and more spacious than I was expecting. We didn't use the pool, but it sure looked inviting. You are also just steps away from one of the best breakfast places- Augie's Omelette & Waffle House (YUM!). We saved $10 by calling the hotel, rather than booking online. Great stay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012 via mobile

We have been vacationing in this hotel for almost 10 years, and we are very satisfied. Especially great now that we have two young children. Rooms are excellent, clean, great staff, safe, love the indoor pool (which stays open later than other pools in the area). Nice laundry area, etc....even the parking spots are better than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Watson's Regency Suites? Share your experiences!