“Great food.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food was great and the service was great, however I did not like where we sat as we were in the back room. After I made reservations a week before. The table we sat at was terrible. It was next to a exposed bathroom. How gross!! Here I am celebrating my birthday with my family and first people have to pass behind you then open the bathroom to get in and out, This should never be....there is plenty of room for a half wall so the bathroom wouldn't be exposed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Springfield, Missouri
“What an amazing twist on Italian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Their website pretty much says it all: "At Piccola Italia, chef/owner Brian Gualtieri offers unique takes on classic Italian dishes, fusing fresh Mediterranean flavors with the traditional regional styles of Italian cooking."

We had the "Pumpkin Seed Encrusted Grouper" with Spaghetti Squash, Toasted Orzo, and Kobocha Pumpkin Coulis, and the "Citrus Grilled Shrimp Scampi" with Lemon Confit Risotto, Asparagus, and Parsley Lemon Butter. Wow. Tastes to knock your socks clean off your feet! And their wine cellar is pretty interesting, too!

HOWEVER, be warned this comes at a price! Our meal for two (entrees only, with wine) came to right around $100. We thought it was worth it, but it's certainly going on to our "for special occasions" list - not the "hey, let's go grab a bite" list.

• Visited May 2013
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“4 times there=4 times very happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

In the last year, we have dined here on four evenings. We were very pleased with our meals and service. What I was most impressed with, were servers that knew their menu, knew when to assist, and let the diner enjoy a no-rush atmosphere. That's when you can enjoy an evening with friends, or as a couple.
Obviously the food is great. Enjoyed very original appetizers, various Italian, & seafood dishes. Quality desserts and a great wine list rounds off your evening.
We will have a fifth visit soon.
Add it to your list. ----------Ken

• Visited January 2013
NY, NY
“Excellent stop for great food and friendly service on the way to the Shore.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Was warmly greeted for a last-minute reservation. Staff was happy to have us and made great menu recommendations. Nice room and the food was tasty from appetizers to dessert. Will definitely return if ever in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, NC
“"Hey, I'm down here!"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stopped in on evening of Oct.6. Was up visiting in NJ and remember seeing this place on a previous visit so I figured I'd try it. I was by myself so I sat at the bar. Took a spot on far end by tv (not a big bar, maybe 20 stools?) Ordered a Sharps and an appetizer and salad from the specials menu for my dinner. The appetizer, eggplant rollitini, was good but pretty salty. I finished the eggplant and that was the last I saw of the bartender. Well, I saw him, but he was taking care of some regulars and never came back up to where I was. Never offered another beer, glass of water and, worst of all, never came over to tell me the salad (Beet salad) will be right out or if there was some reason for the delay or apologizing for the delay. And by delay I mean 20 minutes of nothing. 20 minutes between an appetizer and a salad is too long. The place wasn't busy. Aside from myself at the bar there were two other couples.
I left cash on the bar to cover the eggplant and beer and left. I don't care about the rave reviews I've seen here. On a future trip to this area I'll make a point of not stopping here and not recommending it, either.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Piccola Italia? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Piccola Italia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.