“A Nutley classic” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Vreeland Avenue
Athens, Greece
“A Nutley classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Very North Jersey with some colourful regulars, you could imagine the Soprano family sitting down for a meal here. Eggplant with tomato sauce & cheese was very gloopy yet packed full of taste. Seafood diavola was HUGE with large prawns, clams and calamari. Sunday gravy was very very good with huge chunks of chicken and larger cuts of italian sweet sausage in a rich marinara sauce all washed down with a Chianti. Good selection of wines by the glass as well. Good unobtrusive service, large portions and fair value.

Visited November 2013

New York
“Incredible Happy Hour Deals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Half price appetizers, half price drinks during Happy Hour (every night). Great bartenders and lots of friendly people.

Visited November 2013
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Good food, good staff, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went to Terazza last night for dinner, it’s a cute little Italian restaurant with a bar in the middle. The bar was great, very good service, and after a drink we got dinner. The staff was very pleasant, very helpful, since I was catching up with a friend, they gave us plenty of time to chat before ordering, not at all hovering or rushing us. The wine selection and drinks were good, and we had a very good dinner.
I ordered Chicken Parm which was delicious, so big I couldn’t finish it. I was stuffed at the end of my meal. My friend had the tilapia which she loved. She ended up bringing half of it home. My friend also has trouble walking, and they were very accommodating to her. When I went to get the car, they helped her outside to the car, definitely going above and beyond to assist.

I’ll definitely be back here in the near future, nice atmosphere, helpful staff, and very good food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“First visit. Won't go back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I walked into Terrazza randomly just as they were opening. I felt unwelcome from the moment I walked in the door. I felt like they didn't want any customers yet, and my coming in was an inconvenience to them. I ordered the daily special anti-pasto. It was a pear and prosciutto over toast with bleu cheese. It was quite good so I was encouraged. So I waited a while for my entree. It was supposed to be crab and shrimp cappelini.
Thirty minutes after I ordered it someone comes out and says they ran out of crab yesterday, is it OK if they just give me extra shrimp? I asked if it really took 30 minutes to realize they had no crab and got a very flip, "Yep." Not, "yes, we're sorry." Just "yep." I wasn't looking to cause any problems, so I said OK. They bring out the plate (which they clearly had ready anticipating me agreeing). There were five shrimp. Five. I asked the waitress if five shrimp was with "extra" shrimp, how few did the dish normally have? She said she didn't know, did I want more? Then I tasted the shrimp. They were so ridiculously overcooked that they were hard and chewy, not an exaggeration. The sauce was heavy and overly sweet. There was plenty of pasta, but the quality was so low I didn't even want a doggy bag, it wasn't worth taking home to eat.
No one apologized. Ever. No one offered me anything off the bill. The only concession they made the whole meal was to offer more shrimp, and they treated me like I was being unreasonable to even accept that. No one looked at me when I left or apologized or wished me a pleasant day or asked me to come back, despite the fact I was the only customer in the place. I am a very happy go lucky guy generally speaking, apparently they are not interested in new customers at Terrazza. I would not go back there if the food were free.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was our first visit to Terrazza's since the new owners took over. While I was a little skeptical up front because the reviews I read were mixed, we had a very positive experience there. The bar area had a nice buzz, but was not noisy. Our waiter, Carlos, was attentive, professional and friendly. He checked on us often, and made sure our water glasses were refilled regularly. We each ordered a different dish, including two pasta dishes, a sea bass special, and a short rib dish. All were delicious and cooked well, and the portions were a good size. On the slight downside, the glasses of wine were a little on the skimpy side. We will definitely go back.

• Visited March 2013