“What a Great Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Northfield
Somewhere
“What a Great Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was looking for Italian and drove by the place thinking it was nothing more than pizza and pasta. I asked someone where to go and they not only told me about Giovanni's but they took me there so I would not get lost, and we were close. When I thanked them for the personal service, they told me if I did not find the food impressive, call them and they would come back and pay the bill. Thank you Anthony for the recommendation. I had the veal parmigiano and my wife had the eggplant. Both of them were outstanding and the portion was more than generous along with your choice of pasta. The bread was outstanding and the service was great. Based on the crowd for a Sunday evening, it must be popular with the locals also. I would go back anytime that I am close to the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“NICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is one of the better Italian restaurants in the shore area. prices are reasonable and the food is great. Service was a little slow this time and they wern;t that busy so we were a tad disappointed about that, but we will still go back for the delicious food.

Visited August 2012
Wayne, New Jersey
“a find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is an unpretentious restaurant with wonderful food and service. The sauces are made fresh daily and the food is cooked to perfection. Whether it's chicken marsala, salad, chicken parm... the food is terrific. Prices are reasonable. Staff very pleasant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Deptford, New Jersey
“I got sick.......deathly sick!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I went to eat there Tuesday night 7-17-12. The only thing I could think of was the meat must of went bad from the bad storm they had down there a few weeks ago. Even the atmosphere of the place was not ''warm or very social''. After eating about 1/2 hour later I became deathly ill. My husband wanted to take me to the hospital, but I had nothing left in my system at all (if ya' know what I mean)......thanks ..but no thanks...that will be my last time there!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Northfield, NJ
“Best lasagna in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

No one does it better than Giovanni's. I've ordered many individual orders and even the party trays of the lasagna, ziti and meatballs. Theirs is to die for!

• Visited April 2011