“NASTY DIRTY PLACE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in North Wildwood
Clayton, New Jersey, United States
“NASTY DIRTY PLACE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

when i booked they told me i could book one nite, they booked me for 2 when i called they said they only had 2 nite stay available so of course i paid for 2 nights, 338.00 I believe with tax. I would not have paid more then 30.00 a night.
Upon arriving at this place lady in office was kind of rude stating that they normally don't take people that are playing for *beach blast* which is a soccer tournament for my 9yr old twins. (never was told that when i booked either) and why the hell does it matter anyway. She stated no visitors were aloud to stop by. House keeping was nice for what they had to work with.
I arrived to room the roomed smelled like musty old attic clearly it was very wet at sometime like a mildew smell (i did get two plugs in out of my vehicle vents and put them on air conditioner and humidifier) the room was very out dated, upside down picture on the wall over one bed, rust all over the little lamps and the refrigerator in the room, very small old TV, mold on bathroom floor, ran out of hot water after a 6 minute shower, humidifier beeping because it was full, (i empty and had to do it again at 4.20am) oh and all the floors are tile which are very slippery, cold and personally to dirty for my kids or myself to walk on, the table and chairs, (well should i say table because we didn't have any chairs in our room) was very old and wobbly so of course we could use it anyway, I have a suburban the parking was unreal!! park and leave your vehicle or you will not find a spot (well without paying) There is NO WIFI (well unless u go to office or pool area) which smelled like straight chlorine and unsupervised children running around throwing what seemed to be soda or tea at each other (got all over our chairs and towels). Rooms are very bright NO CURTAINS just blinds. The air conditioners are level with the beds so it blows direct in your face when you lay down. The door to room at bottom had all rust and chipped away paint. The indoor/outdoor carpet on outside of door was covered in dirt and was very wet, which on course when you walk in room the floor was dirty and wet, wow and really slippery. My twins coughed all night and very congested the next day ( i believed from the dampness and moisture in the room.) One of my girls complained of her chest hurting when she breathed. ( so if that is coming from a 9 year old you know something was wrong). I m sure I have missed some things but this should be enough for you not to book for your family to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This past weekend was difficult to find vacancy at most north wildwood hotels. I normally stay at the cardinal but they were all booked. I figured this was right down the street and they had availability so "how bad could it be?". My mistake! First off they charged almost double $212 a night- and for what?!? A fly infested (small) dirty room with almost zero water pressure! I would have been able to get over all that if the customer service was even half way decent, but not a chance! To be honest they were a bunch of morons that had no clue what they were doing! So like the title says stay down the street!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been going to Sandy Shores for 13 years,and these people who own Sandy Shores are the nicest people that you want to meet. I go back every year, I book my vacation for the next year before I leave that year is. The motel is always clean,and the staff go out of the way to help you. If there's a problem it's always taken care of right away. If it can't be fixed they move you and fix the problem. They are a family oriented motel. They have activities for the children. They keep in touch with you thru the off season. If you have a bad time it's your fault. They have rules of what you can and cannot do. If you come in with 2 people and pay for 2 you can not try and sneak 20 drunken friends in and think that there going to allow it than you need to have your head examined. If you think there going to allow you to break there property and not make you pay to repair it than your living in a dream world. The place is always clean. The staff is always friendly and always willing to help. The management is always updating something. I will never stay anywhere but the Sandy Shores. Johnia and Sal I love you guys and you will always my family.

• Stayed July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here with family in what was billed as " a deluxe two room, two bath unit" . Deluxe, What a joke! From the second we walked in my daughter kept asking me "what is that smell?" each person who walked in the door also asked the same thing over, and over again. The man, I assume he was the owner came grudgingly and plunged one the toilets. The smell lingered and the toilet never worked right! Street noise was awful. Pool dirty as dishwater. I found these people to be ignorant, rude and careless when asked any question or faced with a complaint. It is my personal opinion they had no concept what so ever what hospitality means...or running a decent place for that matter! Do Not Stay Here! Really, take the advice and consider yourself the wiser for it!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bellmawr, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My daughter and I visited sandy shores again from june 24th to june 27th 2013 Once Again WE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE Sal was Great rooms were CLEAN Staff was VERY NICE and FREIENDLY we arrived early and only had to wait 30 minutes I did not need maid but asked for clean towels everyday and had them immediately Pool was cleaned grill was cleaned Unfortunately We missed Sal's wife as she was away. If you want a cheap freindly place to stay with only 2 blocks from boardwalk SANDY SHORES IS THE PLACE TO STAY

Room Tip: we choose pool side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
N.H.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here last min. May 31 to June 2nd 2013. 1 1/2 blk to bdwk. Hubby, me & 2 12 yr. old girls. Prom weekend was not a problem. Problem was condition of room. Water ran from faucet in tub never stopped. Hole punched in bathroom door. We had to ask for sets of towels Wore flip flops everywhere because the carpet was sticky, outside had rusty hair & safety pins, bottle caps, broken glass, other objects not friendly to bare feet. A detailed picture of male anatomy drawn on ceiling w/ black marker above the bed. Bedding was new but torn already. Part of room was freshly painted or stucco, The rest was old, rusty, paint peeling and water stained. There was an ice machine w/ no ice all weekend. Pool was open and clear water. Office was not 24 hr attended phone # was left on door to call if problem occurs. Staff was friendly. Parking very tight. Price to high for quality of room. We paid $99.00 +tx. No activities for kids. Railing on 3rd floor is broken in several places. Balcony floor use a scrub and rinse. Gas grill was offered but we did not use it so can not rate this. A/C wall unit did work. We did like the location. CLEANLINESS and PRICE were the issue for us

Room Tip: Ask to view the exact room you will have before you sign anything. Check everything
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My daughter stayed here with her friends, this is her review: I will never return to this establishment again. I was greatly disappointed in this motel! There was no heat in the room, the carpet and bathroom floor was filthy, and the managers were not much help. When I called the manager to ask about the television, his exact words were "if the remote works then it works, if not then it doesn't." The female manager was very intrusive and long story short, I absolutely did NOT enjoy my stay here. My family and I will be visiting Wildwood for our annual summer trip and you can be certain we will definitely not be staying at this "resort" motel. NEVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: sandy shores is a no go
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sandy Shores Resort Motel? Share your experiences!