“Going down Hill” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Song Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Surf Song Beach Resort to your Saves list
Surf Song Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1800 Ocean Ave., North Wildwood, NJ 08260 (Formerly Surf Song Motel)   |
Exton, PA
“Going down Hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

We returned from Surf Song on 7-6-2008 and I gotta tell ya, it was none too soon. The room was dirty, I had to go to the office to get toilet paper because the maids did not leave any in our room, and the clientel that they chose to rent to was less than desirable. People were throwing things from the balcony, the pool had dirty diapers and trash thrown in it, there were people shooting bottle rockets from the 5th floor, children were running everywhere with no apparent supervision from their parents, for that matter there was no apparent staff around making sure that none of the above happened. Everytime we left the place someone had parked in our parking space. It was overall not a very good vacation experience and for the money that we paid it should have been. They also charged us a twenty-five dollar reservation fee and when questioned about it they had no good reason for it. I guess we paid for the priveledge of calling ahead of time to reserve our room. We were very concerned for the safety of our children and my grandchild. We had seven rooms with a lot of our family and none of us will be returning.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Lack of Cleanliness, lack of staff supervison of unruly guest
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

Located on the beach block at the beginning of the boardwalk, the Surf Song can't be beat for walking to the beach or boards. We rented a 2 bedroom with a kitchen and living room area. The rooms were much larger than we've typically had in refurbished condos.
Each room seems to be outfitted differently. Ours could have used more than one clock. The very basics in utensils & cooking supplies & dishes are provided.
There are two pools, both with a baby pool. There is also a jacuzzi (not very warm). The pools were always clean and we were always able to find a chair. Just be aware, the pools are shaded in the afternoon.
There are two washers & dryers on each floor (there are 5 floors). It costs $2.00 for each, so bring lots of quarters.
There is daily maid service, though they come at different times each day. They provide fresh towels (bath & kitchen). They also provide dishwasher detergent & dish detergent.
Our room was clean on arrival but the rugs were in desparate need of a good cleaning.
The sun deck on the 5th floor had a nice view of the ocean and of the rides. There are also large areas on each floor with several tables and a BBQ.
The price ($1600/wk) was actually better than others I found when you consider the size of the rooms and location.

• Liked — location & room size
  • Disliked — very dirty carpeting
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

I had to change my reservation and was treated rudely. Hotel staff would not remove charge from my credit card even though I made the change two days prior to my arrival. Hotel staff said I had to remove the change myself. This is a standard service for all hotels I ever dealt with. Lady I spoke with sounded aggravated and very short with me on phone

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to Surf Song Beach Resort? Share your experiences!