“Kathy was very helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in North Wildwood
Wilmington, Delaware
“Kathy was very helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I'm going to this motel after speaking to Kathy at the front desk. When I made the reservations, was very helpful! She returned my calls quickly and answered all my questions. She was a great help! I'm looking forward to my stay there!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Maple Shade, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

This motel used to be the best in North Wildwood,now,it's one of the worst.I took my kids for a week,and it was a terrible experience. The previous manager is a nasty old woman who feels no responsibility to her guests,almost a cocky attitude.The motel is barely cleaned,the rooms are falling apart,and the pool is in need of serious maintenance, and the washer and dryer are always broken. We had been going here since my children were young,and now they are teenagers,I have recommended many people, sadly I will not go there again. When the rooms went condo,the caring stopped,what a shame.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I've been staying at the Roman Holiday for 4 consecutive years now, and it gets better and better every-time I go. My girlfriend and I recently stayed there yet once again this past Memorial Day weekend(May 2010). I normally never do online reviews but the service/stay was so good I had to! When you go be sure to ask for Kathy. Kathy works at the front desk and was very professional and courteous with a personal touch that made our stay carefree and welcomed..... whether she was giving us a list of cab phone numbers or cooking our Frozen Digorno pizza in the offices oven...she made our stay comfortable, just like vacation should be. Our room, which was very clean with plenty of towels, was located on the third floor with a beautiful view of the beach. Within walking distance to the wild wood nightlife it was easy to eat drink and be merry followed by a nice walk on a crisp summer night. Pool was clean and kept nice and warm too! On sunday night the front desk called and offered us to stay another day for just $50! I've never been offered such a good deal at any other hotels. If you want to have a guaranteed good vacation...STAY HERE...I give it 2 thumbs up

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh,Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

Been going to Wildwood for 60 years.For the last 15 have stayed @ the Roman Holiday.
Excellent location,accommodations,service and value.Very sad that Marie has left her position as Manager,but delighted that Kathy will be there to take her place.These two gals,along with Connie...... who runs the best housekeeping staff in Wildwood...... have become like family to us.We will miss Ernie(Connie's husband)who went to be with the Lord.We have never encountered a problem here that wasn't met with efficiency and professionalism.Sandy and I could stay anywhere we want to in Wildwood...... and we always choose the Roman Holiday.
With Kathy at the helm,this will be the best place you could ever pick to vacation at the shore!!! Jimmy R.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
West Deptford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel with my son's soccer team for the Cape May Tournament. When we first arrived, we were surprised to find out our room was on the 3rd floor, not 2nd as we requested. Once inside the room (310) I noticed one of the vertical blinds was laying on the dresser in the first bedroom. Walking into the back bedroom, I noticed the front/face of the night stand was laying on top of the stand itself. I, immediately informed the older woman (I think she was the manager) at the front desk. She apologized & said the maintenance guy had left for the day. (It was about 2:30 pm.) She asked if I would call her when I got up. I explained that we had an 11:45 game in the morning, & the guy could come at that time. Needless to say, when we got back nothing was done. So, I went back to the office (our phone didn't work) and asked when the guy was going to repair the 2 problems. At that point I was appalled when she replied in an annoyed tone, "You were supposed to call me when you got up!" Not very good customer service!!! The maintenance man did finally fix the blind & night stand (of course, we couldn't touch the night stand until after the glue dried).
In addition to those 2 needed repairs and the phone not working, we also had a problem with the TV. Saturday morning as we were getting ready, we put the TV on & there wasn't any sound. (It worked fine Friday night.) The maid came in, & we asked her about it. She tried some things we did, like turning it off & on. It still didn't work. Then she unplugged, plugged it back in, & turned it on. It worked. Unfortunately, we lost some channels due to parental codes. Channels we were able to watch on Friday night, one of which was the Disney Channel.

Despite these problems the only shining light was the service given by Kathy. She was very understanding, considerate, & helpful. She came to our room to try to unblock the channels, but to no avail. Originally I had told the older woman, who said she couldn't help. She told me to come back at 6:00 to ask Kathy. This was at 2:00...so we had 4 hours with out TV. Again...not very good customer service, especial after paying over $300 for a weekend off season!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Coatesville Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My name is Dave, and recently spent the weekend with my brothers at the Roman Holiday. Having spent many years in Wildwood, I must have walked by the hotel a hundred times. I am now in my 40's, and have finally discovered the hotel that myself and my family will be doing business with in the future. It was a fantastic experience. The view from our room was spectacular, and the room was very clean and spacious. I would like to thank the manager, Kathy, who went out of her way to make our stay at the Roman Holiday very enjoyable. I would recommend the Roman Holiday to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We have been going to the Firemen's convention for many years. I am able to get a 2bdrm2bath room for 3 nights at a great price. This year the pool was wonderfully heated, the staff very helpful and we had a great time. Upon driving home my daughter realized she left something in the drawer, I called and Kathy immediatly took care of the problem and called me back with the good news that the items were found. I have been in email contact about another possible lost item. She took care of trying to find the item and emailing me back. She was great and always had a smile on her face.
Thanks Kathy

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Roman Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!