“Great location, views & service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Matador Oceanfront Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Matador Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Matador Oceanfront Resort
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16th and the Beach, 511 East 16th Avenue, North Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in North Wildwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location, views & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great beachfront location across from beach access and north end of Boardwalk (16th St) with great sunrise and ocean views from the 4th floor deck. Family weekend - had four 2-room units with kitchenette, newly re-painted and clean throughout. This was our second time here and both times found public areas and rooms very clean and service friendly, informative, and accommodating. Location with a short walk to ocean, boardwalk, (including boards tram for return) and bike rentals was a big plus with young children. Adjacent playground on sand lot. Rates are what is to be expected in Wildwood. Will return and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Horsham, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had the displeasure of staying at your motel last year after being told that you leave your guests with nothing to be desiried.
Upon entering our room, I noticed that it was already occupied.
When i asked the desk clerk if you rented to gnats or other insects,
i was told no.
I was then offered a fly swatter.
I really hate the customer service that most wildwood,NJ. motels
offer.
Not only is there a lack of sevice ,But the attitude of the Customer service people is rude.
They make you pay upfront, in cash most of the times , with no refunds,
and then proceed to ignore your needs.
When you stay anywhere else in the US the check in process is much
different.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Highland Lakes, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been coming to the Matador for many years now and it seems to get better every single year.

Pros: The staff is always courteous and helpful, the rooms are very spacious and always clean, and the view never gets old. The hotel is on the beach which makes for a very short walk to the water.

Cons: The smoke. Though there is nothing the hotel can do other than going smokeless, it got old walking through a cloud of smoke every time I left my room. The rates. It is getting very expensive to stay here and we specifically have to look for weeks with specials.

A great family hotel that my family has been coming to for many years ... and will continue to ...

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are best because of the short walk to the sun deck and the view.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We booked the Matador with very high expectations. The website was very impressive and the reviews were fantastic. The location is prime. There is a concrete walkway to get you at least half way down the beach; a playground if you are traveling with kids who need to burn off some extra energy; a clean pool; and the Wildwood boardwalk right at your fingertips. Huge bonus: the bike/surrey rental shop and good eateries are very close. The downfall is that for the hefty price tag the property is very dated. It has your typical motel room feel and smell. The room was well maintained and as clean as old can be, but the bottom line is old is old, and old shows it's wear and tear. A remodel is very much in order to justify this price tag. I did appreciate the email correspondence; just wish that the accommodations would have followed suit and been more modern/updated as well. If you are looking for any degree of luxury you won't find it here, but then again luxury is not really a fair expectation for Wildwood. We did have a fantastic time and made memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was our nine year at the Matador and I loved it as aways! The staff is extremely friendly and we had a great stay. The room was very clean and the cleaning staff were very nice. My son loved the pool and we had a lot of fun. I alway enjoy laying out on the 4th floor deck.

Michelle

Malaga, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been coming down to North Wildwood for 8 years and when I come down I stay nowhere else but at the Matador Motel. They are ALWAYS accomodating and pleasant. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfy. My home away from home, I look forward to this every year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Boyertown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hello ! My name is Georganne McIntyre. I just had to share my feelings about the Matador Motel. I have been coming here for 10 years. As I prepare myself for my visits I'm filled with such excitement. I know I will be greeted with a smile as all has been taken care of and I know my heaven on earth has begun ! Ocean front room sparkles, the view breath taking, the crystal clear pool adorned with Palm Trees invites you for a dip, the ocean itself beckons you and fills you with peace. I started coming once a year for a week now its two weeks and as many long weekends as I can ! All the staff is so accomodating . I especially love how crisp and clean the rooms are . Please consider the Matador for your next vacation I

Room Tip: They are all good rooms ! ! Don't forget the beautiful sundeck on the 4th fl cozy intimate ta...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Matador Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!