“Dressy casual and fine food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Dressy casual and fine food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

For the shore you can still be dressed and casual. My spouse loved the appetizer. She kept telling me, that's how I know. It was the shrimp and prosciutto. Waiter was friendly and helpful. She had a fish and I had the gnocchis (veggie dish). The food had many textures and crunch. It was better than that sounded. We can't wait to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boca Raton, Florida
“Mixed reviews here...food would be 4”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have to say that I am torn on this review. I am a top reviewer for tripadvisor and this may be the first one that I actually will give suggestions because I really care about North Wildwood and it's need for a top eatery. We just left the restaurant and I came right on here to not forget anything. First, the person answering the phone for the reservation asked how to spell a three letter name; all I can say to that is UGH! Second, we asked if it was a BYOB and she said YES only to find out it is NOT. Someone please explain to her what a BYOB is. Our waiter was a handsome young man but seemed to be very new to the menu. He made no suggestions and read off the paper like it was his first night. There was a larger party beside us with the most informative waitress! She explained every menu item with a description and had suggestions for the table. We overheard the conversation after we had ordered. The waiter MUST know the menu and be as informative as this young lady was or have him shadow her until he learns and KNOWS the menu. We were very sorry that we too did not receive that kind of service. She had wine suggestions and everything....the way a top notch waiter/waitress should be. Now for the décor or lack of. Wild animal theme? I'm confused big time. May I suggest elegant wall sconces with a touch of mild color for mood and some wood blinds not to look out at a bar in action? The chairs need colorful cushions. (very uncomfortable and you stick to them) This place has so much to offer and the area needs a 5 star establishment (not to play on words)! It is not there yet.
The great thing about this review was the food. It was a 4 in my book but because of the limited menu, I don't know how quickly I would go back. We had the meat balls that were great and different. I had the cod and my husband had the tuna. Both dishes were very fresh and tasty. My cod needed a little salt and I don't use table salt. The favor of the fish got lost in the dish corn plate covering a little but overall very good. I have to say that I had the strawberry $13 drink that was not good. It was strong but not much favor and very hard to swallow.
Like I said, I don't say much about most restaurants. I hope the owner is open to some suggestions because this place can be the place people are looking for that special vacation meal where spending a little more is okay for the right food and ATMOSPHERE...sorry but the cow pics need a little help to make an atmosphere. I really hope I have helped... :-)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Champion, Pennsylvania, United States
“A must for dinner or special occassions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The waiter at this restaurant Jarred was awesome, he made the meal special. The Burnt carrots were fabulous, the shrimp and prosciutto was wonderful, I enjoyed the scallops with Bulger wheat and wow was it. Everyone at the table had a fabulous meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Deptford, New Jersey
“Very good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

From the welcoming hostess to the knowledgeable staff to the delicious food our experience at this new restaurant was great! Our specialty cocktails, Bourbon Smash and Lemon Drop Martini started our meal off on a perfect note. My husband had the mussels with sausage and julienned carrots with a amazing broth. My "house" salad was light and crisp with just the right amount of vinaigrette. Bread was served warm with a warm roasted garlic oil for dipping. Hanger steak was cooked perfectly and the chimichurri sauce was bright and accompanied the steak very well. I had the cobia with a sweet potato hash and cranberry drizzle that touched all my taste buds. Wine list provided many good choices. We will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocean View, New Jersey, United States
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We visited the Establishment during Restaurant week and the meal could not have been any better. My boyfriend had the Hanger Steak and said it was the best steak he'd ever eaten. I had the crab cakes, which were delicious! The Red Curry Chowder was absolutely incredible... You've got to try it!! Everything was so good from the burnt cardamom carrots, the roasted green beans and roasted asparagus, and the smashed red potatoes. Our server Jarret was friendly, informative and made the whole meal move very smoothly. We topped it off with delectable desserts, key lime tart (delicious) and flourless chocolate cake (rich and yummy).
All in all it was a great meal and I would recommend it for a date night or a night out with the gang.

• Visited June 2013