“WILDWOOD'S BEST KEPT SECRET BEST RESTAURANT AT THE SHORE” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Middletown, Delaware
“WILDWOOD'S BEST KEPT SECRET BEST RESTAURANT AT THE SHORE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I lived in Wildwood for many years and have eaten everywhere in that town. My wife and I travel al lot and eating is a big part of our vacation. I have dined at Piro’s countless times over the past 26 years and have had nothing but excellent service and fantastic food there It’s not an inexpensive place, but they do not overcharge for the quality of food and service. I have known the family for years (many more before I ate there) My opinion is not biased because of this and I can say it ranks up there with the very best restaurants bar none anywhere. Their homemade marinara (or gravy as many Italians refer to it as) is delicious. Italian food is a dicy order for me at many restaurants as I make a pretty mean gravy myself. Piro’s is like the very best of home cooked Italian food with a nice relaxed atmosphere that is elegant but not stuffy. They also serve a great steak, spinach lasagna (usually a special - my wife’s favorite), stuff shrimp with crab meat etc., The seafood and meat entrees are also top notch as well as the many Italian dishes.

Appetizers are also a standout with a fantastic Carpaccio. fried meatballs with hot peppers and their famous crab and spinach soup. I’m getting hungry as I write. It’s a great restaurant that has kept their high standards for decades. Located off the main strip it’s a nice quiet place to enjoy a superb meal and some drinks. They have wine specials certain nights and the Piro house Bloody Mary is awesome. The desserts are also great, Marie’s Peanut Butter pie is fantastic and big enough to share. Cannoli and homemade cheese cake and some tasty after dinner drinks round out a memorable meal. The owners are friendly and take pride in their establishment serving food made with love and the finest and freshest ingredients. Easily the best the Wildwood’s have to offer.

• Visited April 2014

Medford, New Jersey
“Now that's Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

One of the best meals we have experienced in Wildwood! From the mussels to the Veal & Peppers in red sauce & Seafood over linguine they were all delightful. Authentic Italian...Love that Marinara! We will be back.

• Visited May 2014
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

After our horrible experience at the Wharf last night, we were a little hesitant to go out for dinner again tonight. Wow, what a 180 from last night. Great service, great food, great atmosphere. I would recommend Piro's to everyone!!!

• Visited May 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“Best Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

If you are looking for excellent Italian food, good service and good wine this place is a must. Would highly recommend it.

Visited May 2014
“Great Neighborhood Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Piro's is a very comfortable neighborhood Italian restaurant. Great "gravy" with their pasta and excellent veal. The staff is very friendly and make you evening very enjoyable. Their wine list is really great, the $10 bottle on Monday night, well, wish we had spent a little more! So we went back on Tuesday.

• Visited September 2013