“Perfect location for beach” 5 of 5 stars

Aloha Oceanfront Motel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   210 JFK Beach Dr, North Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #1 of 41 hotels in North Wildwood
Albany, New York
“Perfect location for beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time to wildwood and what a great little motel. Literally across the street from a beautiful beach (no seaweed, enough waves for boogie boarding but not too rough). Very friendly, nice service. Great little lunch counter. They even came to find us on the deck because they forgot to put our fries in the bag! We stayed in one of the ocean front rooms. I wish they had a private balcony. That's the only complaint. Quick drive or walk to the boardwalk but nice and quiet up here.

• Stayed July 2013
Joan K, Owner at Aloha Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We were all very pleased that your first stay in the Wildwoods was with The ALOHA and that we were able to make it a pleasant vacation for you......we look forward to seeing you in the 2014 season. Thank You for a great review, Joni

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
north Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The bad reviews of this establishment are undoubtedly from people that have been a problem themselves. The staff here goes above and beyond to make their guests feel safe and welcomed. Seriously people, don’t be slobs, watch your kids, and have some respect for others!
I've been staying at the Aloha for 33 years with 4 generations of my family and refuse to go anywhere else. My kids count down the days every year till we go to the Aloha. This year they said they want to come to the Aloha for a 2nd time this summer instead of Disney World or the Atlantis!
There are plenty of ocean front motels but you have to walk a mile of beach to get to the water. At the Aloha, you cross the street to the beach and are yards from the water. I like leaving my stuff on the beach to go back to my room for the bathroom, or lunch in the coffee shop, or water ice, or a break from the sun, or even a cocktail!
The pool is kept at a great temp which is good for me cause I refuse to go in icy water! The rooms are pretty big with a kitchenette. They are very clean and kept clean during your visit. We stay 3 weeks so it’s nice they have a washer and dryer . The terrace overlooking the ocean is great for laying out and has tables if you want to play a game or eat outside with the view.
There’s plenty of stuff to do in walking distance such as mini golf, ice cream parlors, and deli’s. The boardwalk is only about 13 short blocks away, don’t be lazy people!! My kids do it! Worst case, you can’t handle the walking… take the trolley.
The owners and staff have created a family environment which keeps to the atmosphere that is North Wildwood. It’s a quiet and safe area of the Jersey shore, not the crap you see on tv!
Love you Aloha and miss you already, I cry every time i have to drive away from you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
My Dear Shana .....This review has made me so happy.....I could never express enough how grateful we are to have all of you in our lives....We always look so forward to those first 2 weeks in July.....see you again in a few days, Joni
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Any close to beach and you'd be in the sand. I've stayed all over the wildwoods, and you won't find a place that makes you feel more welcome and at home than the Aloha. The owner is absolutely the sweetest person on the earth and will do whatever she can to accomodate her guests. Location is perfect. The beach is across the street (literally), an North Wildwood's nightlife is within walking distance, but out of earshot. Again, I've stayed all over the island and have never found a place where I feel as welcome as I do here!

Room Tip: They're all great rooms, but he ocean front rooms are ACTUALLY in front of the ocean!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joan K, Owner at Aloha Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank You Peter for your review and all your kind words. People do love the fact that the Aloha is within walking distance to all the night life and yet not in earshot....so well said. We look forward to seeing you again soon, Joni
Sewell, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a cleanest and safest hotel in the Wildwoods' I have ever stayed in - I have stayed here for the past 8 years. They treat you like family. I have stayed off season as well as holiday weekends. Never have a problem with the staff. This is the Best Hotel in Wildwood - the owner is a sweetheart. I feel like I am traveling to my second home when I arrive there. They remember everything about you like you ever left and the location who could ask for more.

Room Tip: Like café on the first floor for coffee and breakfast when you first wake up instead of looking for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank You Linda for this great review........I am so happy to read that the Aloha is your home away from home.....that feels so good to hear that you feel this way and thank you for all your kind words. Thank you, Joni
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the fourth year I've been to the Aloha and every single year it has been amazing. The rooms are always clean, the pool is always warm, you literally could not stay closer to the beach and most of all everyone is friendly. If you're looking for a great place to go on vacation with your family or just to get away from it all then Aloha is the place for you.

Room Tip: Every room has its percs but rooms on the second and third floors have a better view and poolside ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank You Greg for a great review and letting everyone know how clean the units are and how close we are to the ocean. We look forward to seeing you again....Thank You, Joni
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hello, I have been staying at the Aloha ocean front motel for many years never no change..
They treat you like family, the rooms are so clean you could eat off the bathroom floor. Very friendly staff and great accommodations Its like coming to your second home when you stay at this Motel stove, refrigerator table with chairs very clean blankets and towels, great air units, great view to the ocean ... Wake up and walk right on the beach.... very comfortable and friendly atmosphere very grateful there is still family business that exists and treats you like family I highly recommend this motel with my life....

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at the aloha for the first time last weekend. It was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and always available. We dealt directly with the owner, Joan, and she made us feel like family. She was a very nice person. The room we had was very big with lots of space and 2 bed rooms. Each room is angled so you can see the beach from your room. The beach is right across the street from the hotel. The pool at hotel was very clean. one of the cleanest pools we seen in wildwood. They also have a small restaurant attached to the hotel. We had breakfast sandwiches there and they were good. We will definitely be going back to the Aloha again. Very nice and a comfortable time!

Room Tip: If you are looking for lots of space get the 2 bed room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aloha Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!