“New Ownership - Outstanding - the only place to stay in North Wildwood!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sahara Motel

You added Sahara Motel to your Saves list
Sahara Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   510 E. 18th Ave, North Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in North Wildwood
Long Island, New York
“New Ownership - Outstanding - the only place to stay in North Wildwood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visiting Wildwood has been a tradition since my childhood - I heard the Sahara Motel is under new ownership and decided to visit - they truly understand hospitality from the moment you arrive and throughout your stay - they are clearly committed to each and every guest . What a fabulous experience! Probably the best location in North Wildwood. Check in was smooth - many new updates to the property. Staff was friendly, motel and rooms were extremely clean and several new updates to the rooms. Great place to take the family or just a getaway for some time at the pool and beach. I will definitely return and would recommend this motel if you are looking for where to stay in North Wildwood.

Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review...we are glad you enjoyed your stay....See you again at the Sahara Motel on the Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed here memorial day weekend for the past couple years and of course loved the old owners who have sadley have lost the motel. Leaving that in the past, we gave the new owners a chance with this years reservation. When checking in, the guy was on the phone arguing/yelling at someone about a reservation or booking problem. Not sure wha tthe problem was but the way he handled it in front of us was terrible as he kept arguing with us waiting.

Throughout the weekend he acted as a parnoid guard watching everyone on the premises. I know it is his motel and can do what he wants, but it just made us feel uncomfortable during our stay. He and the maintenance man argued with many guests about having a vistor in their room for an hour before they all went to the beach. He told them it would cost them $50 to hang out for the day. Again, I know it is his motel to run but the constant arguing with guests was ridiculous. The maintenance guy actually chased a kids car down the street saying he was going to beat him up, raising his fist to car dropping f-bombs left and right with kids around.

The rooms were clean and the cleaning lady was nice, it was just the guy running the place who really creeped us out and made us feel uncomfortable during our stay walking around with a walkie talkie acting as a security guard. Sadley, we will not be staying at the nice location again because of him alone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Sorry you did not enjoy your stay. The Motel does have security to ensure the safety of our guests. In addition, guests are supposed to inform the office of all guests that are staying on property. OBVIOUSLY in your case you did not, and were unhappy with the additional charges. There are additional charges for additional guests as stated in our policies. This has always been the case at this motel, and almost every motel in the Wildwood area. In this case, there were a few under age children running about and disrupting other guest which would not be tollerated by management. In ref to other statements that were made, if any of our staff yelled at anybody that should of been brought to our attention and that would have been dealt with immediately. Most of our guests have written nothing but great things since we have taken over, and we continue to make amazing changes to the property. With over 25 years of experience in the Motel business with other properties, we are committed to making the Sahara Motel the best Motel in North Wildwood. We look forward to a continued fantastic season, and hope all will come and stay at the FABULOUS SAHARA MOTEL ON THE BEACH.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

WOW!!!

I had heard Sahara has new Owners as of this spring and are always looking for a new place I can go to. I am in Wildwood many times during the season because of family, but always book a motel, so I can have privacy for part of my regular visits. I just visited the Sahara two weeks ago and what a refreshingly pleasant stay:)

Reasonable rates, really friendly front desk and most of all CLEAN!!! It has one of the best locations to the boardwalk and beach :)

The pool was wonderful and my kids had a great time in it. I am a really picky person and I will definitely be back as a regular!!!

Jeannie S.
Bellmore, NY

Room Tip: They have different style rooms, so has something for everyone
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

5/2/2013

Saw the reviews and decided to check it our for myself...

Fabulous location

Front desk clerk sweet/ she made me feel very comfortable

I say give the new owner Margerie a chance. YOU WILL NOT BE disappointed!!!

We were pleased with our stay and know you will be too!!!

Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. We have many other upgrades and changes in the near future. Thanks Again.
Blackwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Sahara for years and years when Kenny and Nick owned it - and it was run like a well-oiled machine. They were always available and they were the best to deal with. Unfortunately, last year we lost my brother who was serving overseas. It just wasn't a good time for a vacation at all so I wasn't there for the first time in years, which just happens to be the first year of the new ownership I come to find out. I wanted to give them a try this year, but absolutely impossible to get a hold of anyone. No more website (what year are we living in?), message on hotel number says to call a different number for winter.. OK, that's pretty normal so we called the number provided and it says the voice mailbox is full. This has been for over a week now. I saw a message on here from back in December where the apparent new owner responded to a post on here with an email address to contact, saying they were having phone issues". I tried that and left an email. Never heard back, can't call, as apparently the "phone issue" is something they can't fix for several months. This is a shame, as I would like to give the new owners a chance, and I see some positive reviews from last year, but I can't understand how they could be unreachable for over a week in this day and age and during a time when most of us are making reservations for the summer vacations. I hope this isn't the end of the Sahara. I guess I'm left with no alternative but to schedule elsewhere unless my email gets responded to, or - miraculously - I can reach someone all of a sudden.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
datapathinc, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are sorry that you have not gotten a response. We look forward to assisting. The Sahara is now under new Ownership. We have other properties in the area for the last 20 years. You will see many changes over the season. If you have any concerns please call the Motel..Hope to see you soon.
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed here a couple times in the past, and it's been a great place for friends and I to stay, since it was more affordable, but had all the necessities and great location.

I went this past September with my brother and dad, and it was HORRIBLE. There was an orange extension cord laying across the middle of the bedroom floor since the one outlet didn't work, the place wasn't cleaned up well, and when we woke up the next morning, we found the bathroom sink to be leaking quite a bit, and we had to leave the room. They had no other rooms of that type available, and could only offer us a smaller room for 1 night, and then we'd have to move to another room for the rest of our stay. Long story short, they still made us pay for that first night; And we switched motels.

If this is how the new management is running things, you will not have our return business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The American Legion Post #166 Lakewood has stayed at the Sahara for more then 15 years during the State Convention. We are always pleased.
I'm trying to reserve our normal 35 rooms for June 12 to June 16, 2013.
We have not been able to contact anyone. Does anyone have a name and phone number for the new owners. Thanks for the help.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
KATHY M, General Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for contacting us and my apologies for not being easier to get a hold of. I have sent you a message via TripAdvisor. Should anyone need to contact the Sahara, please email saharareservations@hotmail.com and I will get right back to you. Unfortunately at this time we are having difficulties with our phone system.

Kathy

Been to Sahara Motel? Share your experiences!