“Wildwood Vacations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Rail Motel

Golden Rail Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Golden Rail Motel
You added Golden Rail Motel to your Saves list
1702 Ocean Avenue, North Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in North Wildwood
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Wildwood Vacations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My first trip to Wildwood in 1984 - I stayed at this motel with my future husband and his brother and mom. They had stayed in this motel every summer for 12 years.

We always had a lot of fun! Sadie was a wonderful woman that they got to know. I would highly recommend staying here - it's just 1 block off the boardwalk and easy to access anything on the boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Golden Rail has become our go to place at the shore! It is always clean, the owners are always accommodating, and the pool area is beautiful and relaxing. The location can't be beat!! We usually get a promo with bedroom and kitchenette which has everything we need for our seat! The heated pool is immaculate, and there is always enough lounge chairs to go around! The best part of the pool area is the umbrella table to have a nice snack/meal at!! Overall, Rocco and Susan can look forward to seeing us many times in the future!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wonderful family/couples motel just one block off beach and boardwalk. Very clean. Onsite owners do their best to help guests feel welcome and safe. Heated pool. Roomy accommodations. Terrific housekeeping service sensitive to the needs of early and late risers. A must for first time and returning guests. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We recently stayed here not knowing a thing about this hotel and were pleasantly surprised! The owners are so kind and attentive the 2 bedroom suite with a pullout couch and kitchen was very large.. it could use alittle updating but overall very very clean and right across the street from the beach and boardwalk! We will definitley be back!

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is ok as far as the room and its clean enough. However the owners are AWFUL. They yelled at us for playing around with our kids in the pool, seemed to always be lurking and watching you. Friends of ours met us at our hotel ( downstairs mind you, they never even came in the room) and the owners charged a "guest fee". Best part was, on checkout she didn't say a word about it and proceeded to charge my credit card as soon as I left. I had to have my bank reverse the charge.

• Stayed June 2012
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

First time staying at this Motel; very clean, nice size room. 1 block from the beach and boardwalk, you can park your car and walk to all activities and restaurants in the area.
Will try to get back to this Motel in the future, the 3rd floor seems to be the best, high view to look over the balcony and pool view.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have been to Wildwood over 15 times. It is simply one of my favorite places on earth. I try to book a new motel every year, I am on a quest to find a good one that is not too expensive but I sadly have not yet found one. I would like to start out by saying that the owners are very nice people and that this motel is a minutes away from the beach (two main positive points). Unfortunately, the rooms are extremely basic, they have not been painted in a very long time, the carpeting is extremely old and so is the furniture. We booked a unit that had two bedrooms because we were 5 people. Our room was next to the maid's storage room (where the washer and dryer are, the ones that clean all the hotel sheets), it was noisy and everytime we got out of our room there was a cart blocking us or a staff member going into that space, which was really irritating. We paid a high price, stayed the first week of August 2011 (I have paid less per day for nice 4 star hotels in New York city) and I was quite disappointed. Luckily, the place was clean, the air conditioner worked and I didn't see any bugs. Please do not expect a 4 star experience, this motel has been stuck in 1967 forever. Still on my quest for nice accomodation in Wildwood...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Golden Rail Motel? Share your experiences!