“Well located, but outdated” 2 of 5 stars

You added Chateau Bleu Resort Motel to your Saves list
Chateau Bleu Resort Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   911 Surf Ave., North Wildwood, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Well located, but outdated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This motel is located very close to the beach and the Boardwalk. There is a small grocery store 2 blocks away. The motel is old and poorly maintained, but clean. The staff is not very friendly and their families are constantly in the pool. The maid does not seem to speak English and she willl do the cleaning even if you put a sing "Do not disturb"on your door. My room (212) was badly maintained. The shower was very noisy and the kitchenette was defective. I talked to the owner and she sent me her husband for repair. He did not succeed and we didn't see him again. When I asked for a credit for the non-functional kitchenette I was coldly replied "No No No". I got the same reply when I asked if we could stay parked a few more hours to take advantage of the beach.

In summary, if you choose Chateaubleu motel for your stay, be aware that you will have no credit or refund and you will have to deal with room they will give you.

Room Tip: Do not take the room 212. The kitchenette do not work and the shower make terrible noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

It's the second year in a row that We go at Chateau Bleu. Rooms are clean, have kitchenette, pool is clean, BBQ are available near the pool. Beach is only 2 blocks away, there is an ice cream vendor on the corner of the block + a grocery 1 street away. Morey's peer is 7 block's away which is great. The beach is wonderful, We saw dolphins from the beach almost every day. Great place, great spot. I'm not a fan of the Doo Wop style but for the price, it's great !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I must say the place is clean And close to the beach but that's pretty much it. First time hurricane Irene swept in and we had to evacuate which is fine but no refund for the three days I already paid for not even a comp so me And my family could come back I mean almost a thousand a week come on. Then the lady who owns it has her family down the whole time with her grandchild running over and one of the family members had a nerve to say something about my 4 year old after her snotty grandson was antagonizing my kid. Next year ill be spending my time somewhere the family of the family isn't hanging all around.

• Stayed August 2012
lawrencevlle NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The place was very clean. They had all the things you could ask for in a kitchen stating the size it was. Even though the microwave wasn't working that was no problem for us. The pool was very clean and had plenty of chaise lounges to sit/lay on. The grills outside were also perfect to cook on if you wanted to bbq outside. My sisters and I had a great time there and can't wait to go back again soon.

Room Tip: I loved being on the first floor in front of the pool. No hassles of going up stairs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very happy with how clean Mary keeps her rooms.There's nothing more important then having a clean room with clean sheets and comfortable beds. Owners are very friendly. Nice Pool. Quiet , relaxing hotel to stay at. Yes the Bathrooms aren't big but they are perfect for a shower unless the person is very large. We didn't have any problems with the bathroom. Also nice mirrors so you can see yourself from head to toe. And plenty of outlets for Pc's,Cell phones etc.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My family traveled down to Wildwood over Memorial Day weekend and stayed the night at this hotel and were very happy with it. The pool and room were both very clean, and the exterior seems to have been recently redone. The room we stayed in slept 6 comfortably, and also had a kitchenette. The bathroom was quite small, and the shower pretty tiny too, but for our overnight stay, it worked well for us. The hotel is about 2 blocks from the beach, not a bad walk at all. For a longer stay, probably not my cup of tea, I prefer to be right on the ocean. Their seemed to a few groups of younger kids staying there, but it was never an issue.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
reading, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We ventured to Wildwood to check out the area for a return visit in July. We happened upon this hotel and opted to spend the next 2 nights there. Yes, the bathroom is small and only has a shower and they do not supply shampoo, but it is spotless clean, comfortable and we found the lady at the desk to be very friendly and welcoming. We booked our return stay there and got a very reasonable rate. We are within 10 blocks of our event , 2 blocks from the ocean and perhaps 5 blocks from the boardwalk. We are glad we found this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Chateau Bleu Resort Motel? Share your experiences!