“If you are eating ethnic food, go where the people go!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Boston, Massachusetts
“If you are eating ethnic food, go where the people go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went to this restaurant on a Saturday night. It is in a strip mall on Route 130 in North Brunswick. We seemed to be the only non-Indian people there. Our waitress was helpful in explaining some of the menu items - most were not familiar to us, as this style of Indian cuisine is not the ordinary sort. The dishes that we did order seemed to be small - however, the four of us were very satisfied by all that we had. Some of the dishes were pretty spicy! However, everything was well prepared, tasty, and interesting. The meal for four was only about $65, which I think was reasonable. This was well worth it, and I would certainly go back again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eugene, Oregon
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My wife and I order take out from here often. We are often the only non-Indian people in the place and I cannot figure out why except for perhaps a general absence of culture among the native New Jersians. The food is incredible. The flavors are great. The prices are a bit high if you order a la carte but great if you get a meal. My one complaint is that my daughter (who has milk allergies) reacted once to a supposedly vegan dish. It was minor so I think it was perhaps only a cross-contamination issue from the butter but real vegans may wish to steer clear. We don't bring my daughter anymore but my wife and I continue to order food regularly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
quincy
“Nice place when the owner is around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have visited this place couple of times, all the way from boston. When the owner is around this place is amazing.. The food is served in a timely manner and food is prepared well. When the owner is not around, it is run as a government hotel in india. Starters will come after we finish the food.. If you are a large group (6 people) then the food will be server at last in any order. Hugely disappointed. Sorry for visiting you guys..

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Arlington, New Jersey
“Love the Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Amazing South Indian Food! Love their chicken 65 and Biryani! Definitely recommend it to anyone! they have great buffets on weekdays as well

Visited September 2013
Newark, Delaware
“Food is good but service is horrible:-(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Me and my family are the big fan of Anjapper, don't miss when we visit NJ. But it is been very poor, lately there is no FLAVOUR in any dish you order. Had a BAD experience when ordered a large tray of Chicken Briyani for a party, it was not eating condition trying to talk to the management but no response. Visited on 11/16 for dinner after few months we were the 2nd guest for dinner at 7:15pm EST but the food came at 9:15pm after yelling at them. They didn't even bother to feel bad, the kids were starving and that is my last trip. I will not go to this place again, I think people are going for the name ANJAPPER not for the horrible service.

• Visited November 2013