“Never judge a book by its cover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2880 US Route 1 North, North Brunswick, NJ 08902 (Formerly Brunswick Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Chicago, Illinois
“Never judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Let me first start off by saying, I mildy take trips/vacations. I'm pretty busy with work and what not, so when I do decide to travel anywhere, I try to have the most positive experience possible. I'm from Chicago, however i have family that stays around the North Brunswick, NJ area.
So before I flew over to Jersey to visit family, I was looking at numerous websites for the best rates and rooms around the area. I eventually stumbled upon Brunswick Hotel. I've never heard of this small, unheard of hotel brand, however, at the price that they were showing was truly getting me a bit excited. I called up my cousin who lives near the NB area to go check it out for me on one of his free days to let me know if it was worth the $$$.
My cousin had told me it was a nice hotel, and in a good area. I took his word, but I was actually very curious to see what his definition of "nice" was.
The day of my reservation, I had landed in NJ a little bit earlier than I expected. I called the front desk and asked if I could check in early (check in is normally at 3pm, but I had requested a 1:15pm check in) and they told me they had a room ready for me already. I arrived at the hotel, and the picture on the site was what I expected. Nothing too fancy, but still not bad to look at from the outside. The man at the front desk was extremely kind, funny and professional. Checking in barely took me 3-4 mins. The room was nothing too spectacular, however, it was very spacious, and clean. Later on that night I got a little bored, and went down to the front desk, and Mark (front desk employee) was very polite, and actually started to help me find something fun to do around the area. Ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings with my cousins and it was a great time. Breakfast in the morning was alright. Just basic eggs, bacon/sausage, cereal, coffee, juice, bagels/breads etc. But I really don't have a right to be too judgmental about it, because it was FREE. When checking out, Tahmid, the same front desk employee who had checked me in, was still very kind, and social. He actually tried and converse with me, and I ended up talking to him about sports for 20 mins.
Overall, my trip was successful, and I dont regret staying at a non-brand hotel whatsoever. If you end up being unsatisfied with your stay or surprised over the fact that it was below your expectations, you cant really blame the hotel. They arent the Hilton, Mandalay Bay, Sandals resort, etc. But I'm sure they know that, and that's why they try and step it up in other areas.

Cons:
-Bed is a bit stiff (still able to get a good night sleep though)
-Wifi was a bit slow at times
-interior is very old fashioned (to some, that might be an interest but not for me)

Pros:
-clean
-spacious rooms
-FREE breakfast, wifi, and parking
-CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXCELLENT (Im a huge people person, so observing if company/store has good customer service is a big thing to me)
-Tahmid and Mark are the greatest!

Room Tip: If you have a reservation made, CALL before you check in to make sure everything is ready and if not...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wildwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was a guest at this hotel for 2 weeks. It is very clean, it has wonderful service and the people at the front desk were most helpful. Its very hard to find a hotel that fits your needs and I consider myself to be very lucky to have found the Brunswick Hotel. I wish to thank the entire staff for their hospitality and services. You truly made my stay most comforting. Thank you, Elisabeth

Old Bridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

It is a 1-2 star hotel. No pool, horrible breakfast, not that clean.
One morning someone had their car broken into in the motel parking lot.
It is located infront of a very busy highway, so lots of highway noises.

Travelers are raving about these North Brunswick hotels

Armonk, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We picked this hotel when going to a local event and we needed a dog friendly hotel. We booked through Petswelcome.com.

The hotel is an older Holiday Inn Express though it no longer uses the brand. Inside it was a bit old but clean and very acceptable. The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful and welcoming for out dog.

The parking lot, landscaping and surrounding property was not maintained, however and a weed choked dump.

I would recommend not to use Petswelcome.com to book a room. A week before our arrival I needed to adjust our booking slightly. After an interminable period on line and on the phone they simply were unable to do it. I called the hotel directly and they fixed the problem immediately. If I were to book there again I would do it directly.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Pros:

Big rooms, attentive staff, generally quiet at night, fridge in room, free breakfast, free wifi, comfortable bed

Cons:

Location (only place with walking distance was Dunkin Donuts right next store, gas station down the road a little but Route 1 is a very, very busy road), sleeper sofa uncomfortable, no pool

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!