“Very close to Rutgers!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Millville, New Jersey, United States
“Very close to Rutgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Recommend for anyone who will be in the area. Very nice facilities, with friendly staff! Also a clean hotel, recently built. Close to shopping. And a fresh layout. When making you reservation ask for Parag! Very professional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
NAtkins841, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I want to first thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your traveling time its great to know that we can make our guest feel like a home away from home. We honor your business and hope that you will concern to stay with us again on a return visit to the area. We also strive to provide excellent service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well decorated...colours matching throughout, and furniture's are functional. Sleepy quality was slightly above average... the downer are the noises coming from the A/C/Heating unit fan. It runs constantly in the auto-mode. And a humming noise from the bathroom draft-fan. The end of my sleep-cycle was interrupted because of those two fans.

Room Tip: The location of my room was quite... 3rd flr, but the fans in the room affected my sleep-cycle
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response on your most recent stay here with us. I wanted to ensure you that we are addressing the noise issues with the fans and a/c units. We hope that this will not discourage you from staying with us again on a return visit to the area. We want to make sure that all of our guest enjoy an honorable and comfortable stay when they stay here with us.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Despite the quality of the room and hotel the badly installed mini-fridges are a noisy nuisance. The noise was not one you could ignore. We also experienced housekeeping/staff noise in the mornings, not sure why the staff have to engage in loud conversations in the hallways. The doors of the rooms are heavy so when they shut it is extremely loud. There is no way of controlling the slamming of the doors as they are designed that way.
We asked for a corkscrew and were informed that the hotel no longer keeps any due to guests 'stealing' them???? The suggestion was to go and buy one? I think for the price of the hotel they can offer a complimentary corkscrew with the Hampton Inn logo, call it advertising material!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NAtkins841, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I want to thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your stay here with us. I am aware of the noisy fridge that was in your room as well as the noise from the housekeepers in the hallways in the morning. I want to inform you that both problems were address and we do honor your suggestions as well as complaints we are here to serve you and make sure your stay is comfortable. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay here with us and hope that this will not discourage you from staying again.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Easy access and close to shopping and short commute to lots of other places. Nice rooms. Cozy bed and pillows and nice breakfast in the morning to begin my day. Would stay here again and will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for staying with us, I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay here. I notice in your comments about the breakfast eggs and sausage as well as the HVAC units in the room with the noise. The units has mention sensor on them and when its set to a temp. that's what happen. But I will assure you that we have check the unit out and address the noise in that room. We value your service and would like to continue to be a home away from home whenever your on the road or in this area. We hope that this will not discourage you from staying with us again if your ever in the area.
Middlesex, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for two nights earlier this month. The room was very nice. Double beds, a huge flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, etc. The bath room was very clean. Wi-fi was easy to access and the connection was great. I'm funny about beds and bed linens so I slept on top of the comforter and used the comforter from the second bed as a blanket. Crazy, I know. There are two things that keep me from giving this room 5 stars. First, the breakfast was not appealing to me. The eggs were a bit rubbery and the Kielbasa was not good - I don't care for it. The coffee was great, though. Second, there was an annoying noise in the HVAC. At first I chalked it up to the squeakiness that comes along with HVACs but the sound continued whether the heat was on or off. I noticed that when I stood directly in front of the unit, the sound stopped. When I moved away, it would start again. If I muted the TV, it would stop but begin when I turned the sound up. Convinced that some sort of rodent was in the unit, I called downstairs to the front desk but they assured me that nothing could be living in the unit. But from that point on, I was convinced that I was being watched by some rodent! LOL Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that second night. I had a pleasant enough stay and it was very quiet. There were some little girls in a group across and down the hall from me. I could not hear them even though I came out to get ice and they were 'playing' in the hallway and at the machines. There is a Chili's practically next door and Route 1 is filled to the brim with food and shopping establishments. This is a nice hotel in a prime location. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Purchase, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn seemed pretty good in most areas except one: there's a huge cell phone tower right next to the hotel. There are many health concerns with the microwave radiation that is emitted by cell phone towers. I would prefer not to spend an entire night right next to a tower.

Besides the tower, my other main complaint is that there was were diesel exhaust fumes coming out of our fan unit on and off during the night.

The bed was a bit soft for my tastes--no support, but maybe most people prefer a soft bed.

Aside from these concerns, the hotel was clean, the room was spacious, and the breakfast was better than other places--they serve fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the cell phone tower as possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Garden City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This Hampton Inn is fabulous! Location is right off the highway and near stores we all know. Great delivery restaurants in the area which vary in variety and economically reasonable. The breakfast buffet is tasty and allows you enough time to get downstairs to enjoy. The dining room is spaciously accommodating with plenty of room for wireless connections and individual flat screen T.V.'s for different guests to enjoy while they dine. In the evening, the sitting area behind the brick-walled fireplace is a cozy place to enjoy an intimate conversation while watching T.V. as it is secluded and private. The sitting room is well decorated and makes you feel at home. Parking area could use some more lighting at night but is quite spacious. The business center is quiet and well kept; it lacks a scanner however which many business travelers use quite frequently.

Upper level rooms are quite spacious and extremely clean/well kept. Housekeeping staff is attentive and respectful. Design of the rooms are gorgeous and representative of the Hilton brand.

I would stay again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Upper level room near stairwell on second floor is quite accessible to good parking spaces in lot an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NAtkins841, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I want to first thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your traveling time. I also wanted to inform you that the cell phone tower near the building is regulation distance away from any guest and is regularly serviced to ensure local health and safety laws are followed. We would never put our guest in danger of any kind and we assure you that its under control. We are glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and hope if your in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Nadine Atkins
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Brunswick
Staybridge Suites North Brunswick
Staybridge Suites North Brunswic...
#1 of 5 in North Brunswick
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in North Brunswick
3.5 of 5 stars 53 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick? Share your experiences!