“Out Dated” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Meadowlands View Hotel

You added Meadowlands View Hotel to your Saves list
Meadowlands View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Tonnelle Avenue, I-495 & US 1 & 9, North Bergen, NJ 07047 (Formerly Days Inn North Bergen - New York City)   |
Special Deal
Continental Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in North Bergen
Cedarville
“Out Dated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Cleanliness was below my standards. Comforters and sheets were worn, stained, had a cigarette burn & even torn in places. The middle blankets were so old and over laundered they felt like leather instead of fabric. The tub did not drain. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. There was a baby cockroach crawling in our bed in the morning. Service was minimal and they did only what was required. I called for a roll away bed & was told to come get it myself, I was on the 10th floor. Location was excellent for our route. Value was average. Sleep quality was fine. Room was quiet and free from outside noise. Heater was noisy though. I would NEVER stay in this location again or recommend this location to friends or family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was an unpleasant one. Our hotel is in the midst of yet another renovation project and we pride ourselves on our customer service and guest room cleanliness. If at anytime you are not satisfcated with your accommodations, please contact us immerdiately so we can move you to a more suitable accommodations. I am also very interested in speaking with you regarding your stay. Please contact my office directly at 201.348.3600 Ext. 241

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
West New York, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Starting with the manager, Josefina, the staff is just completely unprofessional. You may be dying in your room while someone is banging on your door, don't expect for the staff to resolve any problems at all. And on top of it all you can treated like crap. I will never go here again and I am planning on giving a complaint to consumer rights! It wasn't only bad , it was a dangerous place to stay. Everyone goes there to party and smoke weed and break walls. So if thats why you are going there, believe me you will have a blast but if you are going there to rest, or spend time with your bf/gf DO NOT GO THERE.!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Sorry to hear about your experience, please call my office directly so I amy speak with your regardng the hotel and staff. I disagree with your statement regarding drug use and this not being a safe place to stay. We cater to many families and pride ourselves on the fact. You can contact the Executive Office directly at 201.348.3600 Ext. 241. Thank you
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The reason we booked this hotel is because we were in a roadtrip. They have free parking, and they have a daily shuttle and costs 12 pp roundtrip. The earliest is 7:45 and the latest being at 11:00 from NY. Nice rooms, very clean, not reallyu updated but great service and great price. 10 to 15 mions from NY!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We appreciate your comments and hope you visit with us again!! We receive great comments regarding our shuttle service and appreciate you taking time to give us your feedback. Contact us directly at 201.271.0404 with your email so we can place you on our preferred guest list for special discounts and promotions. Thank you again!!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went for new year to NY, all the hotels in Manhattan were already booked or very expensive. Days Inn was a reasonable price. Good things: The price is good, the hotel is clean and the front desk very kind. For my family was really important that most of the employees spoke Spanish. Although the hotel is 20 minutes away from Times Square take a taxi is expensive ($65), but you have other option (Shuttle and buses). The buses run throughout the night. Bad things: The hotel is located in a depressed place, I went to a bar next to the Hotel and it was packed of "Bad guys", it seemed very dangerous. Average it was a good experience, if you cannot find a hotel in Manhattan, I would recommend this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and we appreciate your business.New Year's Eve is the busiet time for us so the "bad guys" may have just been tourists like yourself. Normally, we are in a safe environment. For added protection, we add hotel security for the safety of our guests as well as Township Patrolling to insure our guests feel secure. Please join us again for NYE 2013!!!
COLUMBIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Since I was on a very strict budget, this hotel served its purpose. The hotel is very old but clean. The money that we saved on the hotel stay allowed us to take in the many sites in Manhattan. I must say that the hotel, while very convenient to the city, is located in a very depressed area. Don't stay here if you have to spend too much time inside the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We currently unveiled our new Executive Elite 5th Floor this past week. We are always renovating and improving our hotel so that our satisfied guests will return. We pride ourselves on great service which is affordable to the everyday traveller. Please visit us again, we appreciate your business and hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!