“Bad food and ver expensive” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, International
Sachse, Texas
“Bad food and ver expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This place is horrible, i would not be surprised if they close down

Visited October 2011

Hartford, Connecticut
“Great environment for a night out on the scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Visited the Nile to attend the LOL Comedy Show hosted by Parkeast Entertainment. The environment was pleasing, the staff was accommodating, and the drinks & food was excellent.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moline, Illinois
“Unexpected Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This place is GREAT! An unexpected surprise. I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express next door and wanted a quick meal with the wife. When we walk over the wife noticed “Mediterranean” cuisine and wasn’t sure if it was her pace. I was a bit pumped, living in the Midwest, multiculturalism isn’t the norm, so I was very interested. The food was exactly what I wanted! A blend of Moroccan and Lebanese (leaning heavily toward the Lebanese) spicing without the expected “Americanizing” or over spicing or over express the flavor profiles, which is more akin to “impress the locals”. This is cooking like you would expect to be served at someone’s home in the Akkar district. Perfectly stated but not overbearing.

We started with the fried Kibbeh. Spicy, but not overwhelming, with a nice pepper bite. The wife was pleasantly surprised to recognize the marinated chicken I’ve been making her for years (and what I called “Mediterranean spiced”) was actually the Shish Tawook she ordered. I had the quail, which featured 3 meaty perfectly spiced birds with a lovely dipping sauce. I couldn’t resist eating this dish with my hands, using the pita bread to wipe the goodness I missed.

The staff, both management and wait staff, are there to take care of your every need.

I am planning on going back in a couple of days to catch the floor show. If it is nearly as good as the food, I will be pleasantly pleased.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester NY
“The worst experience I ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

After one hour we had not even gotten our appetizers and there were only two other parties in the restaurant. We did not wait for our meals as we were blatantly ignored by the staff of the restaurant although we heard the food was supposed to be good. I hope they enjoyed our meals themselves.
I am disappointed that the Holiday Inn Express offers discounts to the establishment because their service is great and this restaurant doesn't even deserve a response.

• Visited August 2011
New Jersey
“Worst Service Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

We went to a special event, and the waiter told us that we could do the special (with appetizers, drinks and entree) for $50/person....or we could order from the menu and have a total of $50 or more for our table. We ordered from the menu which would have come to a total of a little over $50. Then the waiter told us we had to order more drinks or food to be able to stay for the belly-dancing show (though we were still smoking hookah and there were plenty of tables left) or leave, so we ordered a couple more drinks. Once the bill came, we noticed that they had charged us for the special...which he specifically told us he wouldn't charge if we ordered from the menu.
I spoke to the manager who was extremely rude to us and the waiter then lied to the manager telling him that he told us he was charging $50/person. The manager refused to believe what we said and charged us an exorbitant amount.
The rest of the crowd were middle eastern people just sipping on drinks and smoking hookah, yet we were the only people asked to order more or leave....I felt this was somewhat discriminatory.
Extremely dishonest and unfriendly service. If you hate people lying to your face, I recommend you avoid this restaurant at all costs.

• 2 of 5 stars Food