“Nice, clean, quick to NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in North Bergen
Buffalo
“Nice, clean, quick to NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Nice place to stay. It was clean (no bed bugs!!), the staff was courteous, decent breakfast, big spacious rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We thought the room was adequate till we noticed the black mold growing on the wallpaper above the shower. Breakfast was plentiful but not too many healthful choices. Staff was courteous but not particularly helpful. I guess that is typical for New York and New Jersey.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mishawaka, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Nice place to stay instead of the Big Apple.....Take the train from Journal Square and you are in the City in 15 minutes. Nice breakfast in the morning and the rooms are a good clean value (no bed bugs)

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors for less general noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

we stayed in this hotel for 3 nights recently, after a long drive from ' Brampton Canada ' we decided to take shower..to our surprise the shower handle was all broken...called reception...got another painful surprise hearing a cold answer '' nothing could be done until tomorrow morning '' we were scared to death as they got our credit card info...we were not feeling comfortable if we leave the hotel they won't charge us. After repeated and firm requests we were shifted to another lower grade room and following day we were shifted back to our original room,first thing we did..checked if shower is fixed..then the fridge in the room froze our food..wasn't consumable any more..Manager was notified..he spoke professionally..but no word of apology,sorry or any compensation was given for spending one night in cheaper rate room. Other than that breakfast was good..location was good to travel to NEW YORK CITY everyday

Room Tip: higher floors are better.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
hatboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My family and I stayed in this room the weekend of Sept 16. The a/c unit was blasting fridgid air and it was unable to be lowered or turned off. We ended up unplugging the unit to get some warmth in the room. The rooms above us were filled with people screaming and runnng around until all hours of the night. The sheets were clean, but the bedspread looked like it had seen better days, and I was unsure of how clean it was. There is a small sofa in the room that was stained, and I didn't want anyone to sit on it, but the worst was a padded bench in the room that was stained even worse. The bathroom was very dated, with chips in the tub, but it was clean, at least. The shower had a good spray, and the water was hot in the morning. Breakfast was ok, the standard "free breakfast" and it was good, with lots of choices. The only thing that was annoying, was one of the workers there was constantly looking over our shoulder watching what we were doing. I'd have rather had her clean some of the empty tables off (both mornings I had to wipe the table clean before my daughter could sit at it) than oversee how I was pouring milk into a bowl of cereal, or tell my husband how to make the waffle at the waffle station (which was delicious!)

Room Tip: breakfast is good, but rooms are disgusting.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Langley, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We needed a one nighter after flying into EWR.

The room was lovely, very spacious, and clean.

The area was "iffy" but not an issue for us.

The breakfast was great, lots to choose from, including scrambled eggs!

Check in was very quick, beds comfoy, room quiet.

Room Tip: They offer and airport shuttle but only for certains times. We used Dial 7 car service for $41.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on the night of September 30th. We arrived for check in around 8:00pm. I was given a room 114 by the manager on duty at the time. First of all I asked her if there were any other rooms available on the upper floors and she informed me there was not. I then proceeded to my room 114. When I entered the room, there was an awful smell of stale cigarettes in this supposedly non-smoking room. Secondly the air conditioner was not working.

I then proceeded to the manager to inform her of this. I had to to wait a while because what do I see in front of me? A few people were checking in to rooms, which as the manager previously told me, there were none left. When my turn came to the desk I advanced and proceeded to tell her the air conditioner was not working to which she said she would put me in another room (remember she said there were no others available?).

Anyways I eventually got another room which was clean and spacious on the second floor. The corridor was also clean and nice smelling, unlike the first floor corridor......so please people remember never to stay in room 114 on the first floor......it is horrid....and a word to the manager to please try to be honest with customers......I give the overall service a 2 only because of this manager....

Room Tip: room 114 is terrible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites North Bergen? Share your experiences!