“Best Cuban, and this is coming from a Cuban” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Best Cuban, and this is coming from a Cuban”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Rumba Cubana is to this date is one of the best Cuban restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining at. The food reminded me of my grandmothers cooking. I have enjoyed just about everything on the menu and its all excellent! Prices are super inexpensive compared to the quality of food you are getting. By far Best Cuban in the New Jersey, New York Area!

• Visited February 2014

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

10 of us out for dinner, service was good, food was good (hearty rather than gourmet) and atmosphere was good. $335 inc tip so great value.

Millburn, New Jersey
“Great Cuban Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I don't know much about Cuban food but I do know that I love Rumba Cubana's Filete De Pescado Empanizado! It's a breaded and fried fish that has been marinated in garlic, oregano and lime juice among other ingredients. And, at $9 you can't go wrong - you get a huge fillet of fish and 2 sides.

I've also tried Camagueyano, which is a marinated shrimp appetizer flavored with lime juice, cilantro and onions. It was delicious.

In addition to getting the food right, Rumba Cubana has a wonderful ambiance - great for a date or a night out with friends. They have a full bar and a drinks menu that doesn't disappoint. So far, I've only tried the sangria which I enjoyed.

My only warning is that it gets crowded early, and even on weekdays. That said, it's been worth the wait every time.

New York City, New York
“Awesome Cuban Food Gente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love the signature tasting platter. It is So good! It's a large portion of tasty tapas cuban style. Chicharrones, empanadas, tamales. The Mojitos are some of the best anywhere. I've had Mojitos in Miami, in Key West, and these are off the hook! I like the tradition ones the best though they have multi -flavored ones. Cozy little outdoor seating area where I sit with my dog and my man to hang out on a lovely sunny afternoon. You know the flip-flops easy going endless summer afternoon. Good food, good value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey, United States
“Cuba in Jersey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

When it was first open there was barely any wait, but now it is just like their first location. Be prepared to wait 1+ hours at times. But the food and sangria is great! I always get the skirt steak, plantains, and black rice and beans. But everything from the pork-chops with pineapple pieces to fried chicken pieces are delicious! When in the area do stop by and enjoy =)