The lobby is attractive, the front desk is busy but cordial, and the lemonade and fruit on the table by the elevator adds a very nice touch. The rooms are not large(was difficult for me to iron)..but they're clean. Plenty of clean towels and toiletries. But the slamming of the doors is out of control. The doors are heavy. People don't close their doors but just release them and BAM!...not a nice feature when you want to sleep at least until 8AM. Doors started slamming at 6:30AM!
*The front desk should bring this to EVERY guests attention and ask them to be considerate when closing their doors early morning or late evening.* Thank you.
-Location is easy peasy into the city. However, the times of the shuttle aren't all convenient. Either 8am-12noon into the city and 8-11pm back from Times Square. The first night the 11pm back was 45 mins late, and had too many passengers. The center aisle was standing(it drops off at least 2 other locations!). There are other shuttle companies that pick up at the hotel...but it's all pretty confusing at first and not explained well by the front desk. They're pretty busy so don't really have the time to take to make things clear. The city bus is just as easy. Picked us up at the Super 8(up the hill out back around the corner) and dropped us off across the other side of that set of lights. No biggie. Safe enough area. I didn't feel threatened. A little bit of a hike up the hill to the bus if you're not a walker or have small children.
-WIFI connection was poor. Painfully slow.
-We used the pool but took the cushions off the loungers and put down towels instead. The cushions looked kind of gross and I had to wonder, how do they clean them?
-Breakfast. Yikes. It's like a cattle stampede. I've stayed at a lot of hotels with free breakfast and have NEVER seen the likes of this. It's the set up. The location of the items and the flow of the traffic just doesn't make sense. Coffee isn't on an end, but between the pancake machine and toasters on one side and food on the other? It was crowded and people were very rude. In spite of it all, the woman working that area was wonderful and pleasant. Along with your typical 'free' breakfast fare there is real orange juice, cream for coffee, and real scrambled eggs! I was in heaven. There was this biscuit and gravy thing you put over sausages that looked horrid but if it's your cup of tea, enjoy!
-However, in spite of the weak WIFI, cattle call breakfast, and the very strange shuttle services, I will give this place another try if the price stays less than $130 per night. If it's more, go elsewhere. Queens has a lot of nice hotels by the Metro which is easier to get into the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express offers a first-class hotel experience in the heart of the New York Metro area. This North Bergen hotel is minutes from New York University, Continental Airlines Arena, the Empire State Building, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and Columbia University. The Newark Liberty International Airport is 10 miles away. The hotel is easily accessible from Route 1, Route 9, Route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike. Newark Penn Station is also close to the hotel. Manhattan and New York City are minutes away via the Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel and George Washington Bridge. Greenwich Village, Madison Square Garden Arena, Times Square and Broadway are also nearby. This North Bergen hotel features a daily free, hot, Continental breakfast buffet. Additional amenities include free local calls, free weekday newspaper and free coffee. Guests will also enjoy the 24-hour exercise room and outdoor pool. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in the room and access to copy and fax services. Our meeting room can accommodate up to 20 people for most events and business functions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel Hotel North Bergen
- Palace Hotel New Jersey
- Holiday Inn Express Lincoln Tunnel