“NY at NJ prices” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in North Bergen
San Francisco, California
“NY at NJ prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had 2 days of meetings in the city, but didn't want to pay NY prices. This hotel was half the price, but was serviced by $3 or $4 shuttles which take you to the Port Authority. At 7am it took 20 mins, at 10am it took an hour (there was an accident in the tunnel). VERY helpful staff - ask for Sam in the eves. Nice (hot) free breakfast too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and the best in the area. I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay coupled with convenient shuttle commute to and fro New York City. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our 2nd time staying here. We drove from NC and got there a few hours before check in. The manager on duty told us our room was ready. That was so comforting after a long drive! Staff could NOT have been better. Catered to our every need. Room was nice and clean. Hotel nice and clean. We didn't drive into the city. A shuttle picked us up in the morning, drove us into Manhattan, and picked us up in the evening.

Read complaints about the breakfast. What? One of the best free breakfasts around....hot oatmeal, various cold cereals, muffins, danishes, juice, yogurt, coffee, tea, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, jellies, and waffles....2 flavors!

I have found my NY hotel. 2nd stay as great aas the first one!

Stayed May 2013
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express North Bergen. We are located right outside of the city; it’s nice to see you were able to take advantage of the many different transportation outlets in the area. I am very happy to learn that you found our staff to be very friendly and help and your room to be tidy and clean. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. I will definitely be passing on the kind words to our staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Clean rooms and bathrooms. Friendly and problem free check-in, even got bottles of water and snacks although the kids didn't like the snacks.
Breakfast was not very good; I would give it about 2 stars. Pre-made omelettes where rubbery and reminded me of frozen fast food, the bacon was paper thin and fell apart before you could get it to your mouth and the rolls were hard as rocks. The manager tried to make small talk and I told her that we had been to NYC several times and she insisted on telling me about things to do. I finally asked her a question, which she got wrong, hoping she would go away and let me finish eating my miserable breakfast but no such luck.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to know that you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and the best in the area. I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our helpful and friendly staff.

I am sorry that you did not find the breakfast to your liking. It seems you felt there is a lot to be desired, as far the quality and the choices pertaining to the breakfast go. I promise you that your invaluable comments and suggestions will definitely be forwarded to the appropriate department, in order for corrective measures to be put in place with immediate effect. I I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a horrible experience checking in with what I thought was just an employee come to find out it was the asst. general manager. She was rude and uprofessional! The next day when I called the General manager all the employees were screening his phone calls asking for my name and when I gave them my name they said he wasn't in. I asked for his voicemail but they kept hanging up on me. I finally got thru only to get his voicemail with no call back. This hotel is run by rude management who are cheap and decietful don't stay here buyer be wear. This hotel will be out of business or turned into a no name hotel within a year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you found our hotel average and the service was less than excellent. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology if the services you received were not at par with your expectations. I earnestly do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you at check-in, and assure you that remedial action will be necessitated at the earliest. It sounds like we fell well below your expectations. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. I promise you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

As a first time visitor to New York, it was important to me that I found a place to stay that would not spring any unpleasant money surprises. As you know, tourists have to be able to budget to the closest dollar and any additional unplanned expenditure can throw your holiday totally off balance. You can imagine how long it took me to read reviews of all the hotels reviewed on this site...and I'm proud to say that this holiday inn hotel exceeded my expectations! From the extremely helpful front desk staff to unbeatable attention throughout my one week stay, from the ease of getting to New York for my tour to the jersey garden mall...this is the hotel to stay. And at the price per night, it is worth every dime. Huge room, gym, quiet environment (perfect for safe walks), great bathroom, work table, unfailing housekeeping and ease of ordering food...a travelers favorite. I could go on but you do get the point. Do yourself a Favour...stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am pleased you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. Again we thank you for your review as we believe that we can only improve and enhance our services through our guests' feedback, and look forward to hearing back from you soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here due to the proximity to New York City. I am HIGHLY disappointed by the half sized room I was put into. The shower was tiny and had used products in it. The bed linens had stains all over and so did the small chair and leg rest. The room had an awful smell when we first entered and we ended up purchasing air freshener to rid the room of this horrible smell. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the staff service received and problems with the bathroom facilities.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is clean and rooms are a good size. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast is good with a good choice of hot and cold foods. There is no Bar in this Hotel which was disappointing, there is a Restaurant next door so you can go there and have a drink if required. The Hotel provides a Shuttle Bus Service into NYC which is reasonably priced and has good schedule of times. There is a pool at this Hotel which is nice but did not get to use. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am happy to learn that you were very satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews from our esteemed guests very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I am delighted to learn that that you were impressed with our high quality breakfast. Moreover, it gives me immense pleasure to know that that the shuttle service worked out so well for you, and so did the location of our property, as you found it so very convenient and in in proximity as far as travelling to New York City was concerned.We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again for your future stay because your loyalty towards us by choosing our property time and again whenever you are in the area would actually reflect our true standards.

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!