“Close to NY - great alternative to staying downtown.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in North Bergen
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Close to NY - great alternative to staying downtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights with my wife and 3 kids. Got the large suite which was not huge, but sufficient for all of us. Room had a small fridge and micro.
Room was clean and comfort portable.
They only have an outdoor pool that was closed because it was cold out.
Staff was very helpful and accommodating.
Free breakfast was excellent.
We went there to visit NY and we took the front desk person's advice and took the local public Shuttle bus into the city. Cost $3.00 each way. We needed to walk about 5 mins from hotel and it takes 10 mins to get to Port Authority. It was a little longer walk when the bus get's back on the return, but still close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was the biggest room available and was great for 5 of us. I would not want anythhing smalle...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am happy to learn that you were very satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews from our esteemed guests very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again for your future stay because your loyalty towards us by choosing our property time and again whenever you are in the area would actually reflect our true standards. We appreciate your business very much and thank you so much for your loyalty. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. It is wonderful to learn that you were satisfied with the reliable and affordable shuttle services, and it all panned out to your utmost satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Metrowest MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed that during the Patriot's Day weekend. Before the trip, I took the suggestion from a colleague to stay in the Jersey side and go into Manhattan for this family trip. I looked up reviews at tripadvisor, and chose this location. All the reviews are so correct:
The staff is wonderful. They are so friendly that if you are not used to it (like all other hotels), you will be scared. They came and say hi during breakfast. And not just one, but two. They walked around the tables and chatted with guests. Mathiew at the front desk was so nice and helpful when we arrived on the first night. Fabulous!

And the shuttle at the front step is so convenient. You got into Times Sq in about 20 minutes! I know it is not provided by the hotel, but rather a local service. I assumed that the shuttle should stop by other local hotels too. But the fact that this hotel bing the only stop both ways the day we used the service told me how this hotel attracts all guests from its competitors in the neighborhood. Warning: the shuttles runs hourly, and on return from Times Sq, go to the stop at least 20 minutes before the departure time. This is not because they would mess with the schedule, but because there are many people using this service so the seats are filled fast.

No, the rooms are not the most glorious, not the most updated, not the most attractive. But the room is most generous (two queen beds and a sofa bed if necessary) as far as I can tell. So, if you are a saver, and are happy with friendly people, this is the best alternative for a family trip to NYC. Save the lodging cost to do something interesting across the river.

Room Tip: Try the other side of the road, and go as high as you can. Unfortunately the traffic is there almost...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to learn that you found the hotel to be clean and the rooms to be nice. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and are superior and the best in the area. I am extremely happy to know that you were very satisfied and overwhelmed with the service you received from our staff, and had a great experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We really do appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff.

Again, thank you so very much for your wonderful review regarding your experience at our property. I'm pleased to hear you like your room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay. W al strongly believe that we can only improve from here on and enhance our services through our guests' feedback. Look forward to hearing back from you soon. I hope, that you will most definitely present us with yet another wonderful opportunity to welcome you aboard whenever you are in and around the vicinity. It will be our utmost pleasure to have amidst us.
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed there for two night for visting and before cruise out of Manhattan.Staff was friendly and helpful.eay take shuttle to time square, good breakfast and very comfort bed! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall the actual room accommodations and the hotel breakfast was pretty good. However, I encounter a front desk person who clearly did not pay attention. The young lady told me that my credit card had expired without looking at the credit card itself to read the expiration date and she also attend to another customer while she was still handling my transaction and service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to extend my sincere vote of thanks to you for having chosen Holiday Inn Express North Bergen for your recent stay and leaving us such a delightful review . It was indeed our privilege and great pleasure to serve you . We are so proud to have you as our guest. However, we do apologize for the little inconvenience that might have been caused you due to you at the time of c/i, but I m glad that the Management and HIEX staff made your recent stay most exceptional . We would love to see you as our regular guest and eagerly waiting to serve you again with yet another memorable experience .

Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments regarding check- in experience will certainly be looked into. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused to you whatsoever, and sincerely and deeply regret it from the core bottom of our heart.
Thank you again for your continuous loyalty to our brand and hope you continue using Ihg hotels for your future travel needs.We look forward to see you soon .
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We just got back from 3 days at the North Bergen Holiday Inn Express. We stayed here because of price, size of the rooms, free parking and ease of getting into the city. We had read some mixed reviews about the hotel, but were pleasantly surprised. Our room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa. The beds where comfy, although the sofa was a pit springy - so slept on it as a couch. The breakfast in the morning had a nice variety of food -- cereal, precooked eggs, sausage, bagon, fruit, yogurt, danish, bagels, donuts, and an automatic pancake maker. There was always someone from the hotel at the breakfast to help you with any questions (or help clean up the milk your toddler spilled. Thanks!) There is a shuttle available that comes to the hotel - the owner/driver is Christian. What a helpful guy. The first day we took the shuttle it was delayed a few minutes as he was helping a guest jump start their car. The shuttle leaves from the hotel and drops you off near time square. The round trip fair is 6 dollars a person. Our last day we took Christian's shuttle to NYC, but since it returns at night we needed to find another way home for during the day. We took the Paterson, NJ shuttle from the Port Authority Station. It was fine and 3/pp, but not nearly as clean or friendly as the other. It drops you off about 3 blocks above where the hotel is. Overall we had a very nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I would like to tender a warm and heartfelt Thank you for sharing all your nice comments. I am extremely pleased to hear that the accommodation and services rendered at my property were to your liking . I am very happy that you have enjoyed our express start buffet breakfast and the very convenient shuttle services. Once again we do appreciate your stay and would love to have a pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to our city .

Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review . We are happy to hear that we were at your satisfaction during your recent stay with us . Our well trained friendly staff made it comfortable and enjoyable for you. We strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. And I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy. We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was a much cheaper option than staying in NYC for a whole week and was great value for money. Breakfast included in the price was a fabulous idea and the choice was varied. The room itself was ideal; clean, nicely furnished, with a comfortable bed, decent bathroom and tea and coffee making facilities. Staff were friendly and the hotel was generally clean and tidy throughout. The shuttle buses were great for travelling into NYC but were hit and miss for the way home. Public transport from the Port Authority bus terminal in New York was abysmal which is a shame because otherwise this would have been a perfect choice all round. Frustratingly we had to wait ages to find/catch a bus and then walk a fair few blocks of unfamiliar territory to get back to the hotel. Traffic through the Lincoln Tunnel at rush hour was also a real negative. If I had my own transport I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear you like our room accommodation, amenities and felt you received a good value for your stay Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I also do apologize for any inconvenience that was caused to you regarding your commute in and out of our property. This is completely unacceptable.We are sorry about the fact that you the commute to and fro from the city to our property as gruesome and less than satisfactory. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. I sincerely and earnestly do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed there for one night before a cruise out of Manhattan. A short 10-15 minute trip to the port made it very convenient. We had requested a room on the top floor and they gladly accomidated us. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express North Bergen. We are located right outside of the city; it’s nice to see you were able to take advantage of the many different transportation outlets in the area.I am very happy to learn that you found our staff to be very friendly and help and your room to be tidy and clean. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. I will definitely be passing on the kind words to our staff.

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the breakfast choices and our helpful and friendly staff. Hope to see you soon so that we can get an opportunity to serve you even better better and garner a memorable experience.

Been to Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel? Share your experiences!