“Nice place to throw a party!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 82 restaurants in North Bergen
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The inspiration for SABOR emerged as Latino roots migrated to New York, bringing along all elements of its traditions. The menu offers a wide variety of Continental Cuisine spiced to a Latin beat. Each dish, infused with seductive spices and tropical fruits from the Caribbean and Latin America, creates a distinctive taste that leads you to discover the exotic flavors that make our culture so rich.To best enjoy the flavor of SABOR, take the journey together. All dishes are served in a sharing concept. Order whatever intrigues you from any part of the menu. Your Server will be happy to guide you. Enjoy the journey!!
Los Angeles, California
“Nice place to throw a party!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

The service and location is good. Fyi. Parking is kind of tight...maybe taking a cab is better. The food is more spanish infusion so if you want real spanish homemade food then go to your abuela's house. Upstairs has a great space for big group parties.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Unsavory Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had an awful experience recently at Sabor Latin Bistro in North Bergen, New Jersey and I'd like to share it with the public.

I've lived in the area for 11 years, and eaten at Sabor many times, and always thought the food was pretty good. I decided to treat myself to dinner this past Tuesday night Feb. 7, 2012, and ate from their $25 prix fixe menu. I had the salad, salmon and coconut tres leches.

Within an hour of returning home I started to feel sick. Within two hours I was throwing up, all night long, until 6:00am. I had food poisoning.

When I called Sabor the next day and spoke to the GM, Manny, he was anything but sympathetic. Not once did I receive an "I'm so sorry that happened! How are you feeling?" Instead I was give excuses: "We serve salmon all the time. No one has ever complained of food poisoning!" I was made to feel like I was lying; why would I make up such a story?? To get...what? A free meal? I'm really not that desperate, Sabor.

Manny never took down my number, barely brought himself to ask for my name, and said I needed to call back the next day, after he'd "spoken to his chef". So I called today, Thursday Feb. 9th, and got some other manager (I was so mad within 2 minutes of the call I didn't even get his name). He immediately proceeded to spout off the same rhetoric as Manny.

Sabor doesn't care about their customers or their community. I will never eat here again, and I urge others to follow suit. If you get sick from their food, it's on you. Because of course it couldn't possibly be the fault of the restaurant who PREPARES the food, right?

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Demarest, New Jersey
“Been here often and will continue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have eaten at Sabor's several times and each time we had great service, great food and fun atmosphere. Could get noisy at times but that is what this latin bistro is about, good food, and good company!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Great Latin Bistro!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Love Sabor! Many places call themselves a latin bistro but this place has nailed it. Excellent food @ good value with wonderful bartenders & attentive staff. You can sit in the dining room or at the bar. At approx 10 PM the bar area is cleared & the dance floor is open. You can't help but enjoy Sabor!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A Colossal Dissappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

My boyfriend and I were seated without menus,...which isn't such a big deal, except for the fact that we were literally forgotten. After about ten minutes, my boyfriend stood up and wandered the empty restaurant in search someone who might be carrying menus. He found someone and we gave our drink orders as we browsed the menus. Another ten minutes passed, and we realized we were forgotten yet again. I begged my boyfriend to leave, but he was starving and there wasn't much else near by, so we figured we'd just ride it out. When we finally flagged down another waiter, we put in our order and inquired about our drinks. He said he'd get them, and, no surprises, forgot us AGAIN! Long story short- After waiting almost an hour to eat, we were fed before ever getting our drinks. No apologies, nothing. And the food wasn't even that impressive. My calamari was chewy. We left two pennies for tip and got the heck outta there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere